Heartbreak

Catch Me

The sun is out, shining brightly and warming every living thing it touches with its light; the clouds are scattered, some covering the sun but only for a short while, and the wind blows gently through the leaves of trees and the petals of spring flowers. Two men chase each other across the great fields, calling out to each other. One runs while the other chases, finally the first one is caught and twirled into the air. Excited screams and heartfelt laughs are heard from afar.

Yixing smiles at his love, giggling as the taller man kisses his cheek and telling him sweet words. He jumps slightly when a hand reaches to grab his bottom and the hand is quickly pushed away. The coffee haired man blushes a deep red, apologizing to his boyfriend about the action. The other just laughs it off, taking his loves’ hand in his and continues their evening stroll. Their laughs and smiles filled the air around them, a stupid, sweet couple to those who happened to gaze upon them.

When they reach Yixing’s house, the taller man pulls the shorter into a small hug asking if he is ready to take their relationship a bit further, after all, it has been a year since they started dating. He moves forward to kiss Yixing and pulls him closer. He tries his best to deepen the kiss, but to no avail. Yixing turns his head away, blushing slightly and telling him he’s not ready yet. The older man looks at him with an understanding face and stops forcing himself on his boyfriend. Once again, Yixing apologizes to his boyfriend and tells him that one day they’ll be able to go a little farther. The man laughs again, telling him that it’s okay and that he’d wait for that day. Grinning, the dimple-faced boy kisses his loves’ cheek goodbye and heads into his house.

--

‘Is there something wrong with just waiting?!’ Yixing cries to himself. He runs into his home and slams the door. Never ending tears run down his grief stricken face, his nose completely stuffed and his wonderful smile gone, replaced with a frown.  ‘He said he’d wait!’ The upset man grabbed a pillow on his couch and threw it across the room. A voice echoes in his mind,

“It’s your fault! I can’t wait forever you know!”

“I wasn’t going to make you wait forever!”

“It’s been a year, Yixing! I have needs too, you know!”

More tears fell from the small man’s face. He took more pillows and threw them at walls and the floors. He sobbed a little, pulling his arms around himself, trying to stifle the sounds desperately trying to escape his lips. His hands briefly touch the metal around his neck and his cries couldn’t be suppressed any longer. He let out a loud wail as he held the light metal. Yixing pulled it off and threw it at a wall. He ran into his room and took everything that reminded him of the cheater onto the ground.

“So you resorted to finding another guy behind my back?”

“What was I supposed to do?!”

“All you had to do was wait a little bit longer!”

All the shirts and pants that were left behind from innocent sleep overs were roughly pulled off the hangers and thrown onto the floor; all the clothes that they bought together were ripped and trashed. The stuff dolls that were given to him on their dates to the amusement park or shopping trips were pushed from the bed onto the cold surface. Everything they had shattered today.

Wait a little bit longer for what? Just to be able to touch you in more ways than just hugging? To be able to kiss you deeply? How much longer would have you made me wait before we could finally have , Yixing?”

“I told you I wasn’t ready! I’m still new to this stuff!”

“'Still new'?! It's been a bit more than a year and I’m not going to wait anymore!”

Yixing threw everything everywhere. He didn’t care if it made his place a mess, he was already far too upset to care. ‘I hate him!’ Memories of their time spent together came and go- their first meeting, their first dates, and all their small fights and the lame ways that were used to make up for them. Their evening dinners and walks through the park where they first met. The memories of talking for hours on end about anything and everything that used to make him happy. "I hate him..."

Yixing halted his rampage and sunk slowly. He held the cute penguin doll to his chest and cried into it. Questions of why flying out of his mouth like he was a broken record- he might as well be- his heart is like a broken record never to be used again. 'I don’t care anymore…' He ignored the sounds of banging coming from his front door, the bells that boomed in his ears, and the pleas of his name coming from the other side. I don’t want to see him anymore… He shuts his eyes tight, disregards everything around him and falls asleep to his sobs, 'He's not mine anymore...' 

 


 

 

A/N: 

So I just decided to make it a chaptered fiction because the way I wrote this was in sections. I'll probably update everyday since it's all done, but I might make some few tweaks here and there. 

This was heartbreaking to write, like agh. 

I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter! ; u ; There'll be an update tomorrow, promise! Comments/criticism welcomed!