The reason

Love is a disease

Jiyong is training his vocal with his vocal trainer and discussing about how he can improve his singing skills when his phone rang.

‘I’m sorry, could you wait for a moment?’ Jiyong stop the discussion and apologise to the trainer. The caller is Seungri. ‘Hey Seungri, what’s up? Bored at home already?’ Seungri has already started his holiday and he’s taking the week rest before he find other part time jobs to take up. Luckily there’s Gaho who is able to keep him company or Jiyong would have skip practices to keep him company. He doesn’t like the thought of Seungri being lonely.

‘It’s Gaho… I think he’s sick. What do I do?!’

Jiyong heard Seungri’s panic voice and tried to calm him down. ‘It’s okay Seungri, don’t worry. Bring him to a vet, it’s just down the street. I’ll meet you there okay?’ His voice calm and assuring. Jiyong told his vocal trainer about his emergency and rushed off to meet Seungri.

‘Seungri! How is Gaho?’ Jiyong asked as he push open the vet’s door and see Seungri standing at the counter.

‘Hyung, they say he’s okay. Gaho had a fever and they already treated him, I’m waiting for them to take him out so that we can bring him home. I was so scared when I see him vomiting…’ Seungri answered, face still looking pale from the shock.

‘Silly you.’ Jiyong smiled and ruffled Seungri’s hair. Inside him, he can feel that his plan is working. Seungri loves Gaho, he’s showing love to their pet. He might stand a chance.

___

Jiyong and Seungri got home and lay Gaho down at it’s bed. Seungri smiled and Jiyong smile when Seungri smile.

‘Wow, I didn’t know it’s that late already!’ Seungri exclaimed as he saw the clock’s time showing 11pm. ‘Hyung, you should go to sleep. You have practice tomorrow too?’

‘You’re not going to sleep?’ Jiyong asked back.

‘I want to stay with Gaho tonight, I don’t feel safe not watching him.’ Seungri gave a worried look to Gaho. Jiyong felt a pang of jealousy towards their dog again.

‘I’ll stay and watch with you then. He’s my dog too, remember?’ Jiyong teased and lied down on the couch facing himself to Seungri and Gaho who were on the floor.

They stayed in silence until Seungri start speaking again.

‘I’m sorry if I interrupted your training hyung.’

‘It’s okay, Seungri-ya. The trainer was understanding too… Hey Seungri, could you sing for me now? I heard you sing in the shower once, you voice sounds so good.’ Jiyong asked, slightly afraid to get a rejection.

Seungri didn’t say anything and started singing. Jiyong looks at him with adoration and close his eyes to take in the soothing and beautiful voice. Seungri saw Jiyong closing his eyes and stopped singing.

‘Hyung, are you asleep?’

Silence.

‘I’ll just treat it as you’re sleeping already then cos I feel more comfortable talking to you like that. If you are, then you probably won’t hear what I am about to say. But if you’re not, I hope what I am about to say won’t change anything between us…’

Silence.

‘I used to believe love is great. My parents, they are a great believer of it. I grew up in a family filled with love until one day… My dad got into a car accident and passed away.’ Seungri started to sob but continued ‘My mum who loves my dad so much suffered from depression after that incident and eventually she committed suicide.’ Seungri couldn’t help it, he started crying. ‘I got adopted by my aunt, my mum’s sister who is a single mum to my cousin. She took care of me because of responsibility, not love. I never feel loved by her. Even my cousin Seunghyun hyung, her own son, she took care of him because of responsibility. Seunghyun hyung and I are close though, he treats me like his own little brother and took care of me as we grow up. But one day, he fell in love with someone called Daesung and left the house. He never came back, he didn’t even come back for me.’

Seungri cried for awhile and dry his tears. ‘Love is a scary thing isn’t it? It caused my mum to commit suicide, abandoning me at a young age. Love causes my aunt to believe it’s real and make a mistake in her life and have my cousin Seunghyun hyung. Love causes someone who I truly trust turn his back on me and leave me forever. I don’t trust it anymore. The other day when you said you want to be my confidant, you want me to tell you everything and make everything right for me, I got scared hyung. Please don’t treat me so good, I might hurt you.’

Seungri looks at Jiyong’s sleeping self and got up to go to his room. Jiyong felt Seungri left and open his eyes.

‘If you don’t trust it, then why do you make me fall for you?’ Jiyong whispered as he looks at the closed door of Seungri’s. Tears unknowingly started to fall down his beautiful face.