Hot and Cold

Love is a disease

‘Ya, let’s take a break for a while.’ Taeyang suggested and walk to the corner of the practice room to rest. Jiyong and Taeyang have been practicing their moves to improve themselves. ‘So how are you and the new tenant? It’s been a month already right? Getting along well?’

‘His name is Seungri and yeah, we’re good. We got a puppy just recently.’ Jiyong answered as he sat infront of Taeyang to rest as well.

Taeyang’s eyes widened, ‘YOU WHAT?! That’s what couples who are in a serious relationship do! Do you… feel something for him?’

Jiyong avoided eye contact with Taeyang and lied down on the floor. ‘I don’t know. I just want him to learn to love. He seems to be really afraid of it, he thinks that it’s scary. I want to know what happened and why…’

Taeyang looks at his bestfriend’s face and from his years of friendship with Jiyong, he knows that he definitely felt something for Seungri. ‘Well, you need to find out your own feelings. Teaching someone how to love and falling for someone is two different thing.’ Taeyang said as a matter of fact.

‘I know, I will. I just like the way we are now, you know? Although sometimes I wish he can be less hot and cold towards me. It’s like one day he can be all nice and sweet and the next day he’s all silent and keeping his distance. His unreadable mind… I want to understand it. Hey, enough rest. Let’s start practicing again!’ Jiyong get up and pull Taeyang along.

___

‘You’re back! Dinner’s ready. How’s school today?’ Jiyong asked as he set the plates on the dining table.

Seungri puts down his bag and went to join Jiyong in the kitchen. ‘It’s okay, nothing much.’

Jiyong looks at Seungri and know that it’s one of the ‘cold’ day from Seungri. He sigh and gesture Seungri to eat his dinner. Jiyong started to feel disappointment and his heart aches a little when his nice actions was not appreciated by Seungri. He had leave practice early just because it’s been long since he made dinner for Seungri and this is the cold reply he got. He suddenly miss the ‘hot’ Seungri who will hug him and say thank you the last time he did this. It was a good day, they talked and laughed during dinner, wash the dishes together and even watch shows till late at night.

‘Don’t you have anything to say to me?’ Jiyong asked Seungri as he digs into his own dinner too.

‘Have you fed Gaho?’ Seungri asked, not looking at Jiyong.

‘Yes. Nothing else?’ Jiyong suddenly feel a pang of jealousy towards their dog.

‘Mhmm? Oh, I have loads of homework to submit before the holiday next week so do you mind washing the dishes? I’m sorry.’ Seungri said apologetically, still not looking at Jiyong.

‘Okay.’ Jiyong said shortly and give up trying to make a conversation with him. He miss Seungri's smile.