Kangin 01

Super Junior Fanfics

“Well that was fun” you said, opening the door to your apartment.

Siwon agreed. “Went better than I expected.”

You threw your keys onto the table in the foyer and took off your shoes. “I think one of the best parts was seeing that Hyuk and Donghae are still together.”

“True, true, but I feel like that was one of the most predictable outcomes that came from our senior class. Can you believe where Zhou Mi has been though?? That was surprising. Who knew?”

You nodded, hanging up your coat, and turned towards your best friend. “It was a very successful high school reunion, class president.”

Siwon tried to shrug off your compliment, but he had a relieved smile on his face. “I’m glad everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.”

You smiled. “Everyone really did! You want to stay here for a drink? You deserve one for all that organizing you did.”

“No, no, I gotta run” he politely declined. “I’ll see you tomorrow though, right? At Sungmin’s?”

“Ohh right, right. I’ll see you then.” You hugged each other goodbye.

“Tell Kangin I said hi” Siwon told you as he left.


Just as he closed the front door, you heard footsteps come around from the kitchen.

“Hey” your boyfriend, Kangin, greeted casually.

“Hi” you said, hurrying to give him a hug. His arms embraced you but they felt limp around your body.

“How was the reunion?” He asked walking to the living room.

“It was great! Siwon says hi. It would have been even better if you were able to go though.” You pouted as you trailed him to the couch.

“Yeah, sorry” Kangin said flatly. “Couldn’t get out of my schedules for it. Glad he brought you home.”

“Of course. I get it.” You picked up on Kangin’s mood, but wasn’t liking his drab attitude. “Why wouldn’t he?” you commented.

Kangin shrugged. “Didn’t want him keeping you out any longer.”

“You know it wasn’t that long of an event” you pointed out.

Kangin just shrugged again and the TV.

You sat still next to him for a few minutes as he flipped through channels, not really paying attention to any, but obviously pretending to be interested.

“So how was your day?” you asked.

“Fine.”

You sighed, continuing to sit through unbearable silence, until finally blurting out “What is your deal??”

“My deal? There is no deal” Kangin replied simply.

You rolled your eyes. “I know you act like this whenever you’re upset.”

“Act like what?”

“Like you don’t care. Just tell me what’s going on.”

“Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?” He shot back.

What?” You looked at him, impatience rising inside you. Kangin kept his eyes straight towards the TV.

“With Siwon” he muttered.

You groaned immediately. You knew exactly where this conversation was going, so you cut straight to the point. “Why do you still have a problem with him??”

“I don’t have a problem with him. I have a problem with you being naive around him!”

“Naive?? About what?”

Kangin stood now, throwing his arms up in exasperation. “He wants you! It’s so obvious!”

“What are you talking about?? He’s been my friend since the 9th grade! We just went to our 10 year high school reunion for gods sake!” Your voice rose in anger and annoyance.

“And I know how high school boys think! He’s just been waiting for his chance! He’s going to break us up.”

You crossed your arms in front of your chest. “You know, being that we’ve only been together for a year, I would think if he wanted to make a move on me, he would have already, years before I met you!” You shouted sarcastically. “Siwon is not like that. But you wouldn’t know because you never try to get to know him!”

“You’re not listening to how I feel!” Kangin roared suddenly. His voice cut threw the air like a knife, making your voice catch in your throat.

“How you feel? All I hear is that you hate my best friend.”

“I’m jealous okay?! Siwon is rich, and handsome, and he never does anything wrong.”

You paused, thinking. Kangin misread your silence as indifference and tried to explain himself further, as calmly as he could.

“You and him are so close. I know that whenever we fight, he’s the one you go to. I’m full of mistakes and he’s the one who fixes all of them for you.”

Kangin’s voice choked up at the very end of his sentence and his eyes glistened as tears started to form. He turned away when he saw that you noticed. Your heart panged with remorse. Kangin didn’t often spend the energy getting worked up over things, so you knew this wasn’t like the other times he’s made snide comments about Siwon. The issue mattered a lot more to him than you previously thought.

Kangin took a deep breath as he turned to you. “I’m jealous that the relationship you have with him is not the same relationship that you have with me.”

Your demeanor switched and you nodded understandingly. You slowly walked over to him.

“But why would you want the same relationship?” Your hands slid around his waist and interlocked behind him as you rested your face against his chest. “You’re my boyfriend, Kangin. It’s not supposed to be the same.”

He rested his head on top of yours as his arms enveloped you into a hug. “I want you to trust me and love me as much as you trust and love him. And I know, you’ve known him for way longer, but I feel like I deserve the same treatment.”

“Kangin” you said gently, “I do trust you. I tell you everything. And I do love you. We get to do everything together. There’s so many more bonuses you get as a boyfriend that Siwon or anyone else will never have.” You looked him in the eyes, and got on your tip toes to kiss him deeply, just barely slipping your tongue into his mouth. You felt him smile sweetly against your lips ever so slightly.

You pulled away just a little. “Please don’t ever be jealous of Siwon again.”

Kangin nodded and kissed your forehead, then smiled smugly. “So show me what other bonuses I get as your boyfriend.”

You chuckled. Taking his hand, and with a smirk on your face, you quickly led him to your bedroom.