Chappie 13

It's Cold Outside

He didn't utter a single sound as they got into the car and left the club. Even as the car hit the streets, he remained quiet staring out the window and softly rubbing the plain woven bracelet on his wrist and holding it to his chest like it was the most fragile thing ever. As if it would break if he let it go.

He hated it when he was like this. Everything was fine when they were flirting or fooling around. But the moment it seemed like anything more would develop; down came the brick wall. But still, like always, he wanted to try.

"Hyung?" He called out to him. After a few moments of silence he wondered if he was being ignored or if the elder was just lost in his own thoughts.

"Chanhee?" He said a bit louder this time.

"What?" He replied sounding annoyed.

"Are you okay?"

"You already asked me that!" He huffed, then turned his head back to the window.

"I know but I'm just trying to make sure." A few moments of silence passed, "What was that all about anyways?"

Chanhee let out a slow breath to calm himself before answering, "It was nothing."

"Are you su...."

"Don't worry about it." He cut him off before he could finish.

Not long after the car pulled into Chanhee's apartment complex and ìn a flash he had his seatbelt off and was out the door.

Byunghyun got out to call after him but he knew there was nothing he could say. So he just stood there watching the other practically run to his door like he was afraid of being asked any more questions and hurry inside slamming the door in the process.

Chanhee rested his forehead against his front door after he locked it. He did not expect any of this several hours ago when he randomly decided to text the shorter man demanding he take him out for drinks. He peeked out the window and watched until Byunghyun's car pulled away. He was relieved that the other was finally gone. Or at least that was what he told himself.

"I'm too sober for this ." He said to himself as he went back out his front door ignoring the buzzing vibrations from the phone in his pocket. It didn't take long to reach his destination and he knocked a few times at the door in front of him.

The door opened to reveal Minsoo wearing only sweatpants and a frown on his face, "You know, you could've called."

"I could've." Was all Chanhee said as he pushed past his friend and went straight for his kitchen. Minsoo slowly followed behind him and found him rummaging through his fridge and cabinets.

"Do you always answer the door half-?" He had popped open a beer he found in the fridge yet still seemed to be looking for something, "Just because Jiyeon likes looking at.....THAT. Doesn't mean the rest of us do to."

Minsoo only rolled his eyes at the comment, "What the hell are you looking for?"

"Your good alcohol. Where are you hiding it?"

"Why do you need it?" 

"Because I need to get drunk that's why!" He said finishing the beer in a few long gulps.

Minsoo rubbed his temples knowing this line of questioning would go nowhere, "Why do you need my alcohol to get drunk?"

"Because all I have at home is expired Sunny D and after a few shots of that I realized it wasn't doing the trick." He said with a smirk.

Minsoo rolled his eyes and walked out of the small kitchen only to return with a bottle of vodka.

"Ooooo so you were hiding it!" He said sitting down at the kitchen table as Minsoo brought him out a glass and an ice tray.

"Yeah I have to. Fatass always be drinking up my good like it's water so I gotta keep it out of sight." Chanhee nodded his understanding.

"I HEARD THAT!!!" Jonghyun yelled from somewhere else in the apartment.

"NOBODY WAS TALKING TO YOU! TAKE YOUR FAT TO BED!!!" Chanhee yelled back as he dropped a few ice cubes into his glass and filled it up with the clear liquid not waiting for it to cool as he took a few sips.

Minsoo chuckled for a second as he put the ice tray away and then took a seat next to Chanhee.

"So are you gonna tell me what this is is about?"

"What do you mean?" Chanhee replied staring into his now half empty glass.

"I mean you busting into my house late at night looking to get drunk. You haven't done something like that since you were with......."

Chanhee's whole body stiffened, "Don't!" He said in a tone that was meant to be stern but only came out sounding shaky, "Just..........don't." The night's events had already stirred up too many emotions and the last thing he needed was to hear his name.

The elder reached over and gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze, "Calm down, I wasn't gonna say it." Chanhee sighed in relief and poured himself another glass. He knew he wouldn't get anywhere no matter what he said and felt a bit guilty that he may have even made things worse for his friend. He got up from the chair, "I'll be in the living room if you need me." And with that he left.

Chanhee's phone buzzed two more times and like the first he ignored it. He didn't know how long he was in there but by the time he began feeling less than drunk but way beyond buzzed the bottle was about two thirds of the way full. He figured he wouldn't down all of his hyung's good and wobbled his way to the sink to rinse out his glass (sober or not, he wasn't an animal). He then carefully found the doorway and managed to stumble his way to the living room sofa where Minsoo was watching something about sports.

"Better?" He asked him.

"Mmm hmmmm." Was all Chanhee could coherantly mumble. He began feeling hot and realized he was still wearing his leather jacket. After about a five minute wrestling match with it he finally got it off and flung it on the floor. It hit with a loud clack and spending a few seconds wondering how fabric could make that noise he realized to his horror that he just threw his phone on the floor.

"!" He struggled to steady himself as he got up from the couch and attempted to bend down without having his usual graceful self end up sprawled across his friend's living room floor.

"Do you need me to......" Minsoo started to ask, seeing the boy struggling.

"No, I got it!" He said looking back at Minsoo and losing his balance and falling on his side. Chanhee at least made it to his jacket so he reached in the right pocket and took out his phone. After seeing there were no damages to it he scrambed on to his knees and crawled back to the sofa using Minsoo's knee as leverage to pull himself up.

"Shut up!" He said, seeing an amused look on the other's face. He didn't say a word but he knew what he was thinking, "Not a ing word!"

"Hey man, I didn't say !"

"You were thinking it! I heard you!" The other chuckled and went back to watching watever sports thing he had been so engrossed in.

Chanhee checked over his phone again (it was his baby after all) and noticed he had missed messages. Having so quickly forgotten the fact that they were unread for a reason he clicked on the icon and saw there were three. Had he not been so buzzed he would have deleted them right away. But instead he clicked on each one and immediately regretted it when he did.

First message:

Sender: Byunghyun

Hyung, I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Second message:

Sender: Byunghyun

Please sleep well.

Third message:

Sender: Byunghyun

I'm sorry.

Chanhee tossed his phone on the coffee table as he felt tears well up in his eyes. With everything he was trying to forget, THIS is not what he needed. He always made everything so complicated. Chanhee hated complicated. He hated how he made him feel. And even worse, he hated that he hated it.

"Chanhee?" Minsoo softly called his friend who had went from a drunk goofball to an emotional wreck in mere seconds. He wasn't surprìsed at all when the boy didn't answer him. He never did. That's just how he was. So he did the only thing he could think of to comfort him. He put one of his strong arms around the boy's shoulder and pulled him close till his head was resting on his chest.

Chanhee's sniffles died down and he began to relax as he felt Minsoo gently rubbing his arm. He would never admit that he had a case of beer and several bottles of wine at his place. No, he would never ever admit that to anyone. This, was easier. Sure it was stupid, but it was a whole lot easier. He knew this. But thankfully, so did Minsoo.

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you shower today?"

The elder gave him a pinch as shook his head and smiled down at the impossible boy, "You're welcome."

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Yay I'm back!!! FINALLY!!! Thank you so much to all of you that never forgot about my little story!!! I love it so much and I'm so happy to finally update! I know it's not much but I'm really trying to get back into the swing of writing! I love you guys to pieces! Thanks for the support!