These Feelings

My Second Life

I didn’t know how many times I had a dream about me and my brother, Donghae oppa, laughed together, smiled and cared each other. We both looked so happy there, but last night it became more weird.

We kissed each other.

I had no idea why should I have a dream about him like that? I meant we were siblings not a couple. But it seemed like we closed each other. No, worse than that, it seemed like we loved each other. It was truly different in my real life. In fact, I didn’t like him, totally hate him.

We used to play together when we were kids. I used to like him because he protected me, and treated me very well. But everything turned bad since he left me and went to America to continue his college 2 years ago. I felt alone and I became hate him more when my parents complimented him so much and compared me with him, told me that why I couldn’t be like him. I knew he was smart, and I admitted he had a good face, and adored by so many girls. Even most girls in my class wanted to become my friend just because they wanted to get to close with my brother, but it only made me hate him more.

But he didn’t, he still treated me well until now and cared a lot as well. He really treated me like the why a brother should treat his sister. I thought that he probably didn’t know that I hated him, I treated him very differently. When he called me I ignored it. When he texted me I rarely replied, but when I replied I only texted with very short words. When he came back from America I went to somewhere else so that I didn’t have to greet him. When he asked me to eat together, I would say that I have another promise with my friend even though I didn’t have. When he asked me to go to trip, I would say that I’m tired and when he gave me a ride to school I played with my hand phone so I didn’t chat with him in the car. I always avoided him, lately he bought me a necklace for my birthday present but I never wore it. I always did that, I knew I’m a bad guy and totally worst but it was because I just didn’t like him so much.

But in those weird dreams it was totally different. I didn’t treat him like that. It was the opposite. I adored him, I smiled a lot for him, and it was like I fell in love with him.

I always had the same dream again and again, even I already prayed to god to stop it but it developed become more sweets. Those dreams made my hatred towards him slowly faded away. I didn’t care if it was something good or not but tonight I began to understand all of it, the truth behind my dreams. I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, because tonight my dream looked kind of different from before. We wore traditional clothes, hanbok and I didn’t know exactly where we were, but it looked like we were behind the castle. I was more like a princess and he was just a common people and there, we said something to each other. The point was, we loved each other but we couldn’t be together. In that dream I had to release him, tears all over our eyes, it looked so sad not as sweet as before and we had to say goodbye. And the last words which made me realized the meaning behind my dreams was when I said something to him.

“I’m sorry oppa, our love isn’t meant to be together, but I will still love you, I promise I will always love you, even in 300 years later and even in my next life I will still love you forever”

Those words made me wake up also made me understand everything. Me and my brother in my dreams weren't exactly us. They were from our previous life. That was why I always had those dreams with Donghae oppa. It was because in my previous life I loved him, I loved him so much but we couldn’t be together. I didn’t exactly know why, but I think it was because our different social. I was a princess and he was just a people and of course we couldn’t be together. And another reasons I kept dreaming about Donghae oppa were because I was her reincarnation, Donghae oppa was his reincarnation as well and I was born to love Donghae oppa.

Now, it wasn’t a sweet dream between me and him that I was worried about. It was about my feeling towards him. My hatred slowly faded away because of that and in my previous life I said will love him forever, could I fall in love with him in our situation right now? or would I? I was worried about that so much because I did hate him in my life now. Ah no, but it was because he was my brother.

I grabbed my phone and called him. I didn’t know why but I just wanted to talk with him now. I suddenly missed him after dreaming about that. I waited for him to answer my call and in just short of time I could hear his voice.

“Yoboseo?” his voice, a voice that I wanted to hear, said first.

“Oppa?”

“What’s wrong yoong? Why you suddenly call me?”

I startled. I also didn’t know why I called him. I, of course couldn’t give him an answer right away so I began to look for a good reasons but ended up to say “I don’t know I just want to call you”

“Isn’t in seoul already night now? And you want to call me in the middle of the night?”

“Yeah, is it wrong?” Stupid me, I thought. I exactly couldn’t really answer his question and I couldn’t give him a good answer as well. It suddenly complicated me.

“You miss me right?” he chuckled, I could hear it clearly and I bet he must be smiled proudly now. Because yes, he was right, I missed him. Still, I didn’t want to admit it.

“N-No, of course no, definitely no” I strongly denied it.

Silence between us for a while, I was thinking if he was sad because I denied it like that, until I could hear his big sigh which made me sure that he must be disappointed with my words. I didn’t know about myself. Why didn’t just tell him that I did miss him, it wouldn’t become awkward after all. I was his sister so there was nothing wrong if I said I miss him, but myself told me not to tell it. I knew it was wrong and I guessed I still had a hatred inside my feeling towards him or…. Was it because I'm shy? And why would I become shy? I stopped thinking about it when he broke our silence.

“I don’t care if you really miss me or not, but I’m happy you call me. I don’t even remember when the last time your name appeared on my phone, you really never call me”

“Yeah, Sorry about that”

“You better sleep now yoong, you have to school tomorrow, if you want to talk to me, I will call you after your class end”

 “Ah ne, sorry for bothering you oppa”

“You didn’t, call me anytime and I will answer it, bye”

Before he hung up his phone, I hurriedly said something that I wanted to know.

“Oppa wait, when will you go home?” 

“About a month later, why? Is there something you want from America?”

“Nothing, just come back safely”

After we said good bye and ended our conversation I began to think about myself when I was trying to sleep. I realized how cruel my behavior to him when he was totally kind and I only hated him. What kind of sister who did that to her own brother? I should have felt lucky to have a brother like Donghae Oppa. Every girls in this world was probably envy with me and wanted to replace me. He was still nice even after what I had done to him. He still cared about me when I kept ignoring him and still talked so softly when I often cursed him before. I suddenly felt sorry to him now, I wanted to apologize for all my stupid behaviors but I wasn’t sure if he would forgive me or not. But what bothered me so much was these feelings. Why did I suddenly feel like this? At the first I just wanted to talk to him and after I could talk to him it made me want to meet him now. What was next then? Perhaps, that time had come, the time when I had to stop hating him. For a while, I would assume those dreams as a sign for me to stop my bad behavior, because it would be bad if I kept treating my brother like that when in my previous life I loved him so much. And I hoped there wouldn't be another signs from my dreams.

 


A month later


 

Today was the day when Donghae Oppa came back from America and This was truly the first time I felt want to meet him or hurriedly greet him and see his face when he arrived after what we had been through a month ago. After that night, we often called each other, mostly I texted him and told him to call me when I wanted to chat with him. And we only talked about unimportant things when we called and I said like a million times that I was dying wanted to meet him. I was sure that he must be felt that I was different now or sensed that there was something wrong with me because I actually never asked him to call me or said that I want to meet him since 2 years ago. Our Brother-Sister relationship was so pathetic before. But now I already fixed my behavior, because sooner or later I had to stop treating him like my enemy.

My parents even felt so weird with my behavior. I had never been in home when my brother back, but now I was in my home and even was preparing foods for him. I knew they must be worried about my sudden change attitude even though they didn’t talk anything but I could see it clearly on their face.

Then 1 new message came. I opened my phone and felt so happy when I knew it was from Donghae Oppa. He texted that he would be here in about 5 minutes. But it suddenly turned weird for me. My heart suddenly beat so fast and I sweated so much. It felt like, this day was the first time I saw him. But these feelings were wrong, there was something wrong with me. And I still didn’t know what it was.

A few minutes later Donghae Oppa came. He opened that door and my maid hurriedly brought his suitcase. The time when I saw his face in front of me I began to think that he totally became more handsome. He looked at me and he smiled at me so gorgeous that made me sweats so much. He walked towards me with that smile and immediately hugged me. Well, I was the first person he hugged not my parents and I was nervous. I was dying felt nervous in his hug. So, before he could realize my nervousness, I immediately hugged him back too.

“I miss you my yoongie, I really miss you” He whispered it in my ear, made my heart beat faster than before, worse than that my heart wanted to fall from its place when he released his hug and smiled at me again. Looked at him so close like this made me wanted to faint now.

I couldn’t talk back to him because my mother suddenly asked him to hug her and told him to eat the food which I prepared before. We had a dinner together after that and my brother mostly chatted with my father about his life in America, talked about something that I didn’t know. I didn’t talk much that night because I was thinking about my action, my behavior towards him. I did good things but some felt weird. I should have not sweated so much or nervous so badly when I met him. But the fact, it did. Even until this second, I felt so nervous seeing my brother in front of me. Was it probably the first time I behave so nice to him? I didn’t want to think much about it. I just wanted to fix this weird feeling because I knew I wasn’t supposed to feel like those towards my brother, a guy who shared same blood with me.

After finishing our dinner, we all back to our room. My brother didn’t talk with me so much tonight because he probably tired now. And when my family went to their own room, I didn’t. Instead of went to my room, I went to Donghae’s room. There was something I needed to talk to him.

I didn’t knock his door and just came in. I could saw that he was lying on his bed now, was on the phone, chatting with someone. It made me keep standing in front of his door, waited the end of his conversation with his friend. But even 2 minutes had been passed, he still didn't realize me. 

“Oppa” I called him to make him realized that all the time I was there waiting for him.

“Oh Yoong?” he startled a little after seeing me, and back to his phone to tell good bye to his friend over there and if I wasn’t wrong, I could hear that he mentioned one name, Jessica. I could clearly hear that name before he said goodbye to her. Well, I didn’t know who she was and didn't care at all, but I was sure that she was a girl because of her name of course, and it was also because my brother smiled so shy while talking to his friend all that time. Yeah, He just talked with a girl, with his shy smiled.

Knowing about that, made me suddenly feel lazy to talk to him now.

“What's up Yoong?” He up from his bed and approached me.

“Nothing, I wanted to talk to you before, but... I don’t want to now”

He chuckled before saying “Why?” he asked me calmly as he smiled at me.

Impossible for me to say that I suddenly felt like that after I knew he talked with a girl. It would be sound so weird for him, even for me. So, I lied to him. “I think you are tired, and you need to rest now”

“No I’m not, I would love to talk to you even though it isn’t important and I can listen about your story a whole night now” his statetment sounded a force for me to tell him although he said it so soft. But I kept lying to him.

“You are tired oppa, I can see it through your eyes and I also forget about something that I wanted to talk about”

He looked at my eyes and tried to believe my words, then he sighed and said.

“Fine, but you have to talk about it tomorrow. I will wait for you in the café near your school, come after your class end, Ok?” He pinched my cheeks not really hurt but made me blush. So, before I blushed more, I agreed with his words and immediately walked away from his room.

 


 

I was with him, sat in front of him now in the café where we promised to meet each other last night. He came first with his casual clothes while I was still in my school uniform because I directly came to this café after my school ended. I started the conversation first.

“I’m sorry oppa” I looked at his eyes deeply, proving that my apologize was sincere. 

“Sorry for what?” He looked at me back as his eyebrows furrowed.

“I apologize to you about my behavior all this time”

He smiled, so beautiful. “No, you don’t have to”

“I should, I hate you all this time oppa”

After I said that I was sure that he would probably surprised or hate me. But it was different, he just kept smiling at me.

“I know”

I was the one who surprised after it, totally. He just said that he knew I hated him when I thought all this time he didn’t and he still treated me very well. Great, I was wrong all this time and it even only made me look like a phsyco.

“Y-you kn-know that I hate you”

He nodded slowly “Yes”

“And you still treat me so kind” I still wore my surprised expression.

“Yoong, just because you hate me, doesn’t mean I have to hate you back or treat you badly”

“But why?” I asked him. I just seriously wanted to know the reason behind it but he didn’t answer right away. He was silent for a while.

“It’s because…” he was quiet again, didn’t continue his words. He looked kind of searching for good words to answer me. His action was totally same when I didn’t know how to answer well. But after then he answered “it’s because you’re my sister”

It was exactly the right answer but why it sounded so absurd and weird in my ears. I was actually the one who weird and didn’t make sense if I hated him. He was my brother and I shouldn’t have hated him. And if he didn’t hate me back, it actually made sense. But it made me even worst, he knew I hated him all this time but he was still kind towards me. I felt embarrassed with myself, I really didn’t belong to be his sister.

“But it’s okay oppa, I don’t hate you now” I smiled at him to show him that my words were truth.

He smiled back at me and said “so that was why that time you suddenly called me and so kind to me now”

I nodded as I shipped my strawberry juice which he ordered a while ago. I was impressed because he still remembered my favorite juice.

“What makes you suddenly like that Yoong?” he asked me as his expression changed, it became serious. I had no idea why his expression became like that but it made me feel like I did something wrong and he investigated me.

I started to think about it. I wanted to tell him about those weird dreams, but what if he thought that I was weird or what if he didn’t believe it? I wanted to give him another answers but I couldn’t find it though. In the end I chose to tell him about those dreams. I told him everything about it, that still remained in my memory, clearly. I told him about my first dream until I could realize the meaning behind it. He looked so surprised of course, but he didn’t try even once to claim that I lied while I told that story. I knew he believed it even though his face showed that he didn’t.

“It is weird right? But I just assume that those dreams are a sign for me to stop treating you so bad and to stop hating you” even after I said like that, his face still showed unbelievable expression and I snapped it out.

“Oppa, did you hear me?”

“Ne…" He was suddenly sweat and nervous. I could sense that his behaviors became weird now. I was so curious about what made him like that, but when I wanted to ask it, he talked first.

"I’m sorry yoong, I have to go now. I have a promise with my friend” he suddenly prepared his stuff to go, but I stopped him.

“You mean your friend who talked with you last night?”

“Yes…”

Oh, That Girl?

I was angry at the time he answered me, quiet, didn’t say a single word and didn’t want to look at him as well. I didn’t know why and I didn’t searh the reason about that. I just suddenly felt sad. 

“What’s wrong with you, Yoong?”

“Is she exactly your friend or your girlfriend?”

I asked him seriously but he didn’t answer me. He only looked at me while I was waiting for his answer. But, he still couldn’t answer me immediately, it felt like he was afraid of something.

“Who is she?” I asked him twice.

“Sh-she is my girlfriend Yoong”

Bang! My heart felt like stabbed by something sharp or shot by a gun and felt hot like burnt with a fire. Even though I couldn’t see directly about my heart's shape, I was sure that it already broken into a pieces. It felt hurt, totally hurt. But, What was it? I couldn’t exactly tell it to my self. I only could hide my expression not to look as pathetic as my heart right now.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I already have a girl friend, it’s because-“

“You better go now, she probably has been waiting for you” I cut off his words before he could even finish it.

“But if you want to be with me now, I will accompany you. I can break my promise with her” He showed the expression like he did something wrong with me.

Too late.

 “No I don’t want to, I want to go home now” I talked to him with a flat tone. I really didn’t interest to have a conversation with him anymore as I got up from my seat to leave him and that place.

“Then let me give you a ride” He offered it calmly.

 “I don’t need it” still with a flat tone, without even turned back to see him while saying it.

“Just let me-“

“I DON’T NEED IT” I raised my voice now and turned to look at him. I showed my angry expression as I saw his eyes. I could feel that my tears suddenly wanted to out from my eyes, but I immediately turned around to hide it and walked out from that café. I could hear Donghae’s step followed me after that. But he didnt stop or chase me, he just said something from my behind.

“You aren’t supposed to be like this Yoong, you can hate me but you can’t behave like that, that is wrong Yoong”

I stopped but didn’t turn around. I didn’t understand what he just said. Why did he suddenly blame me and told me that I was doing something wrong. He should be the one who was wrong because he had hurt me. My feeling was too complicated to get it, my tears fell so hard and my heart felt totally hurt. The more he talked to me, the more I wanted to cry. So, I continued my step and left him in that place without even want to say anything. 

 


 

A week had been passed and I still acted cool in front of him, even though he often asked me to forgive him, even though when we met each other in the house and he said sorry like a million times, I still didn’t want to talk to him. I used to ignore him before, but now when I did it I strangely felt wrong and didn’t comfortable. In the other side, I wanted to forgive him but my self strongly told me to still behave like this. I knew that my self wasn’t right, because I exactly wanted to throw my smile to him when we meet and chat with him.

I couldn’t be my old self again I didn’t want to start my bad behavior towards him.

As I cleared my thought, I woke up from my bed and looked for my brother to forgive him. I descend the stairs and headed to the living room when I found my family gathered in there. I could see there were my parents and my brother sat in the sofa, but there was one people sat beside Donghae Oppa and it was a girl, a blonde girl who looked so beautiful. Even in my eyes she was totally elegant, she was wearing a white jeans and a long-sleeve white shirt. I guessed that she must be from rich people when I saw her Gucci bag, a gold necklace and ring as well but before I could finish to scan her whole figure, my mom saw me and called me to approach them.

“Yoona-ya, come here”

I began to become their attention, including that girl who I didn’t know her name but kept eyeing me as I approached them. Donghae Oppa saw me as he gave me his smile but it felt weird for me so I ignored it.

“Anyyeong Hasseo” that girl greeted me first and smiled at me. But I didn’t greet her back with words I only bowed a little and gave my smile.

They sat back on sofa and of course I sat as well even though I didn’t know why I had to be here. That girl still sat beside Donghae Oppa and I sat between my parents.

“Is she Yoona?” that girl said first after we sat, I didn’t know her question lead to who but my brother nodded for her.

Wait, how could she know my name? Who is she?

I could see that girl looked so kind. She wore her smile all the time. But when I saw Donghae Oppa, it was different. He didn’t look happy or look good. He looked so sad instead, but not really. And when I looked at his eyes, he tried to avoid me, made me think something about that girl. If Oppa brought that girl here and he avoided an eye contact with me now, the more I was sure that this girl was probably Jessica.

“This is Jessica” My father introduced her, so bingo I was right. My heart was exactly burn but I could endure myself well even though I still couldn’t accept that she was the reason who made me curse my brother in the cafe back then.

But Donghae Oppa looked so worried now. He began to sweats and I didn’t know what made him like that.

Relax Oppa, I can control myself now.

And my father continued his words.

“Yoona-ya, this girl will become your sister-in-law, she’ll become your brother’s wife very soon”        

I couldn't breath properly now.

 


To be Continued

 

 

 


-Sorry for Grammar


What do you think guys? 

give your opinion about this story and try to guess their future and I would love to read it. Thank you :)