REQUEST

Life Changes Because of You

"Umma! So how?" L.Joe asked when his parents who came to the dining room for breakfast. "Ahem... Byunghun?" Mr Lee cleared his throat and looked at L.Joe seriously. 

"Ye, appa?" L.Joe asked, he felt a little worried that his father might not agree to help him and he would not be able to help Hyoeun. "Your mum told me everything." Mr Lee continued. "and we have discuss about that, last night. We have decided to help her, but you have to prepare." 

"Prepare? Prepare what?" L.Joe asked with his face full of confusion. "Erm... we will not tell you anything about this yet.... can you give me her address so that me and your mum can visit her?" "Sure! Of course. I will send you all the address. Thank you, Umma! Thank you, appa!" L.Joe beamed.

"Oh! Byunghun, don't tell Hyoeun that we are coming and don't let her know you are our son, arraso?" Mrs Lee asked. "Eh? Why?" "That is a sercret. You will know it sooner or later." Mrs Lee winked at L.Joe which made him to feel a bit uneasy as he knew that his parents was up to something definitely not going to be good.

----------

"Mr Lee and Mrs Lee, this is the place." the chauffeur pointed the ddeobboki shop. They shifted their gaze and saw a girl around L.Joe's age, wearing an apron and taking a tray serving the customers ddeobboki.

"Yeobo... I think she is Hyoeun. Let's go." Mrs Lee beamed to Mr Lee. Both of them head to the ddeobboki and was greated by the cheerful Hyoeun.

"Welcome, sir and madam! Table for?" Hyoeun asked with the best smile she ever had. "two, please." Mrs Lee said politely. Hyoeun nodded and gesture them to a table.

"Here's the menu. Take your time, please." Hyoeun handle them the menu. When she was about to go, Mrs Lee called. "Hyoeun?" Hyoeun turned back. "D-do.... I know you all?" Hyoeun looked at the smiling Mr Lee and Mrs Lee. "I wanted to talk to you about something. Are you free now?" Mr Lee asked.

Hyoeun looked around the shop and nodded since she had only a few customers in the ddeobboki shop. She sat down on the chair opposite Mr Lee and Mrs Lee.

"How do I address both of you?" Hyoeun asked. "The Lee's." Mrs Lee answered with a smile. She thinks that his son made the right choice of girl.

"Oh... Hello, Mr Lee and Mrs Lee. May I help you?" Hyoeun asked politely. Still don't know what's going on. "So... we heard that you are on a huge debt for your aunt, right?" Mrs Lee asked.

*How did they kn- ahh.... L.Joe! He must have told them....* Hyoeun thought. "Did L.Joe-ssi told you all?" they nodded and smiled. "Ahh.... thank you very much!" Hyoeun beamed.

"Your aunt owe them three millions isn't it?" Hyoeun nodded. "We will helped you with that, but you have to do something in return. You know.... nothing in this world is free." Mrs Lee winked at Hyoeun. "What's that? I'll see if I can do it."Hyoeun smiled. She just can't helped it when someone wanted to help her to pay off her aunt debts.

"Marry our son." Mr Lee said. Both Mr and Mrs Lee showed an expression that they were afraid Hyoeun might reject. Of course, Hyoeun was shocked. She was taken a back by the request. "So...." Mr Lee asked, trying to break the silence.

"I-I- I don't know..." Hyoeun trailed. "I am still young...." Hyoeun added. "Don't worry.... we are not asking you to marry straight away. Just after your graduation and all. Our son is a decent man. We are just afraid that he might turn gay since the incident at America." Mrs Lee stated.

"Gay??" Hyoeun was surprised. "Yes. Gay. Don't worry. He is not gay. He told us he is still a man." Mrs Lee said and beamed to Hyoeun. Hoping that she would agreed.

"So.... can you accept that request?" Mr Lee asked. "Can I at least meet your son first? Marriage... it is something forever...." Hyoeun asked awkwardly. "Sure! Why not? I am sure my son will love to meet you. Thinking of that, you look great with our son! We will help you to pay off the debt only after you agree to marry our son." Mrs Lee said.

Hyoeun nodded with a serious look. Thinking who would the man be. "So... when can I meet him?" "I'll arrange for you. Don't worry. So... we will get going now. Bye, Hyoeun-ah. You are cute." Mrs Lee commented which causes Hyoeun blushed lightly. "Sure... thank you, Mr Lee! Thank you, Mrs Lee! Have a safe trip." Hyoeun smiled.

 

After Mr and Mrs Lee left, Hyoeun took out her phone to text L.Joe. She wanted to thank L.Joe for helping her. She didn't tell L.Joe about the marriage thingy because something inside her made her doesn't feel like telling this to L.Joe. She was afraid that this might hurt L.Joe.

Hyoeun didn't tell her grandma about this either. She was afraid that telling her this might made her grandma sad as this is some kind of force marriage.

Hyoeun couldn't make up her mind and decide to meet up Niel and Jieun to tell them about this.

---

Niel, Jieun and Hyoeun were sitting at the cafeteria sipping their drinks away when suddenly Hyoeun sighed deeply and popped her arms on her chin.

"So why did you asked us out?" Jieun raised her eyebrow. "Should I agree on the request?" Hyoeun asked with a pout. The pout that drives any man crazy. Niel was currently dying inside.

"What request?" "Marry Mr and Mrs Lee' son.""What?!" Jieun shot up from her seat while Niel choked with his drink. "Marry their son if they help me with my aunt's debt."Hyoeun repeated while patting Niel's back.

"Why marry their son?!" Jieun asked. "Because they help me?" "But you do know marriage is forever, right?" Jieun asked again. Hyoeun nodded. "No. Don't marry him." Niel said. "You don't know who is he. Don't agree." Niel added, obviously he is feeling jealous.

"I'm meeting him up so I can decide if I should agree with the request or not..." Hyoeun pouted again. "But.... if you don't agree... it mean you have to pay up the three millions yourself!" Jieun pointed out. "I know! Three millions is a big amount to me. They said if I don't pay up by this month, they will burn my ddeobboki shop. This ddeobboki shop is the only thing left from my parents." Hyoeun said with a sad expression.

"Then you should at least see how is the man first. Perhaps he is good? If he is not to your liking, then we will think of something to make that three millions! Or... maybe we can talk to them again about paying it up later. Right, Niel?" Jieun nudged Niel.

Niel sighed and nodded his head. Though he didn't really like the idea, but three millions is a big amount, he don't have the money to help Hyoeun. Moreover, he didn't want to see Hyoeun got hurt by those men again.