WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Life Changes Because of You

A bowl of hot spicy soup with noodles was landed on Hyoeun. Because of the hotness, Hyoeun got scalded. She shot up from her seat, screaming.

"Arghh!!!!" Hyoeun was jumping around trying to cool herself down. Thanked god, the soup isn't that hot. "Sun Hyeji? Why are you here?!" L.Joe growled and shot her a look. Hyeji acted as if she was really panicked after pouring the hot soup on Hyoeun. She did it on purpose not by accident.

"I'm so so sorry!" Hyeji ignored L.Joe and 'apologised' to Hyoeun. Hyoeun knew that Hyeji did it on purpose and she rolled her eye at her and excused herself to the washroom while Hyeji shifted all her attention onto L.Joe.

"Oppa... I'm sorry for ruining your date with Hyoeun." Hyeji sank her head down and acted as if she was really guilty. L.Joe on the other side knew that what's going on even though he didn't know the whole situation between Hyoeun and Hyeji. Just by one glance on Hyeji, he knew that she would always like to pick on Hyoeun.

L.Joe ignored Hyeji and glared at her. Hyeji tugged L.Joe's sleeve and begged for forgiveness in a cute way showing her ageyo skills. This shows not effect on L.Joe. Perhaps Changjo and Ricky?

"Sun Hyeji just go away before I do anything." L.Joe narrowed his eye and left the scene to find Hyoeun at the washroom. As soon as L.Joe left, Hyeji smirked and did a victory cheer with her y friend at the corner of the restaurant.

 

Knock Knock

"Hyoeun-ah... Are you okay?" L.Joe shouted behind the ladies door. This may be weird and people might thought of him as a ert or something, but he didn't care. What he care now was Hyoeun safety. He was afraid that Hyoeun might be badly injured.

"Yes! I'm okay. Just leave me alone." Hyoeun replied. She might said that she is fine, but deep down, she isn't. L.Joe knew that she wasn't alright and pushed the door slightly.

"YAH! WHY DID YOU OPEN THE DOOR? THIS IS THE LADIES!!!" Hyoeun got alert when L.Joe open the door as she has her first two button on her blouse, . Leaving her chest visible.

She was trying to dry her blouse after trying to washing it. She quickly cover her bare chest with her hands. L.Joe noticed and turned red.

He quickly close the door. "I'm... sorry... I didn't know.." L.Joe trailed softly but loud enough to let Hyoeun hear it. "It's okay. Just wait for me outside. I will be there sometime." Hyoeun assured. "Erm... do you need a jacket or something to cover up? Because I don't mind lending mine to you...." L.Joe offered. 

Hyoeun open the door and hide herself behind, sticking her hand out to get the jacket from L.Joe. L.Joe took off his jacket, leaving his white wife beater on. After L.Joe handled her the jacket, she thanked L.Joe and went back to the toilet.

While L.Joe was waiting outside the restaurant, he started cursing Hyeji mentally and started questioning himself why did Hyeji did this to Hyoeun. As if he knew the answer....

As much as Hyoeun was too embarrassed to see L.Joe now, she still have to come out because she knew that no matter what, L.Joe would wait for her.

Hyoeun came out from the restaurant toilet with her red face still on. No matter how hard she rubbed her face to hide her blush, the moment she thought of L.Joe opening the toilet make her blushed real hard.

"L.Joe?" Hyoeun waved her hand in front of L.Joe as he was still busy with all the cursing on Hyeji mentally. "Oh yes? You are here! Are you okay?" L.Joe asked as he scanned Hyoeun from head to toe.

Hyoeun nodded shyly. This remind Hyoeun of Niel being so caring to her. "You are just like Niel oppa..." Hyoeun commented and giggled to herself softly. "Niel...eh?" L.Joe scratched his head in confusion.

"Yes. That was how Niel oppa being so caring to me the first time." Hyoeun smiled as she remembered those happy memories. "Then do you remember our first time meeting each other?" L.Joe asked as he felt a little jealous when Hyoeun mentioned Niel.

"Of course! That weirdo who made me dropped my strawberry milk on my favorite converse shoe!"Hyoeun chuckled. "Ahh.... mianhaeyo...that was the first time you met me?" "It's okay, anyway. Yeah... isn't there the first time I met you?"

"Yah, Han Hyoeun! How can you forget?" L.Joe flicked Hyoeun's forehead and she winced in pain as she rubbed the sore part. "Then where is it?" "Your ddeobbukki shop." L.Joe grinned. "Ahh... there? Okay. I'll remember it!" Hyoeun beamed at L.Joe as he pinched her cheek lightly. L.Joe can't help it but to reach her cheek and pinched her rosy cheek that blushed because of him.

"L.Joe.... Can we go now? I don't want to see Hyeji here  again..." Hyoeun asked as she mumbled the last few words. "Sure! Hmm.... Ice Cream parlor? My treat." Hyoeun nodded with agreement and beamed to L.Joe.

 

Soon, they reached the Ice Cream parlor. Again, they sit at table that they sat the last time they came here. Hyoeun ordered 'Chocolate fudge brownie' this time while L.Joe ordered 'Chocolate therapy'.

"Can I try yours?" Hyoeun asked. Even though she felt shameful asking ice cream from someone she isn't as close as Niel and Jieun, but CHOCOLATE! TELL ME WHO CAN RESIST THIS TEMPTATION.

"Eh? You wanna try?" L.Joe asked, totally surprised. "It's okay if you don't want to..." Hyoeun answered, feeling a little embarrassed. L.Joe scooped a spoonful an brought it to Hyoeun's mouth. "Say ahhhh....." "I'll feed myself!" Hyoeun grinned and tried to get the spoon over from L.Joe.

"No. It is either you eat from here or don't eat." L.Joe smiled in delight as he finally get to tease Hyoeun. "Fine. For the sick of chocolate. Ahhhh..." Hyoeun open and soon the ice cream melted in . "Wahhh!!! Thank you." Hyoeun beamed.

"So... mind telling me what's going on between you and Hyeji? It seems like she is picking on you every time." L.Joe frowned as he suddenly recalled what happen just now. "Ahhh.... that? It is a long story. You might not want to hear." Hyoeun said softly and sank to her seat.

"I want to know what happen so that I can help you." L.Joe offered. He knew that Hyoeun didn't want to tell anyone about this, but he really wants to know, to help Hyoeun if possible.

"Well...My aunt was a gambler. She got lots of debts for me and my grandma. Because of her, I have decided to go to a convienence store to work part-time to earn some money. Hyeji was my best friend last time. Since she is interested in finding a job, I introduce her my job to her...." Hyoeun pasued a while and looked at L.Joe to see if he wants her to continue.

"Go on..."L.Joe encouraged. "Then...I like this guy. He is nice to me. He treated me well and I enjoyed my time with him. However, when Hyeji came, everything change. This guy shifted his attention to Hyeji. I told Hyeji that I liked him and she helped out. She told the guy and the guy got creeped out and didn't talk to me ever again. He just told me that we are never gonna be together and we are not meant to be...."

"Through texts?"L.Joe asked as he is curious about this guy. *Who is he? How dare he rejected Hyoeun?! Oh no... wait! It is good that he rejected her because this make to stand a chance! Wait. What am I thinking?! *  

"No... He told me face to face. The moment he said that to me, I couldn't help but cried. Perhaps we are really not meant to be?" Hyoeun raised her eyebrow. "After that," she continued, "Hyeji started to bad mouthed me in front of him. You know what?" "What?" L.Joe asked.

"Our school are for rich students, right? Or perhaps mostly are rich students?" L.Joe nodded, he got his eye, his fullest attention on Hyoeun. He had never pay attention to someone like this before. 

"There were rumors around saying that I got into this school because I sell my body...I didn't....and you know what? This are made up by Hyeji." "WHAT?!" L.Joe growled. He cannot believe that Hyeji is so mean. "Yeah.... she is the one who spread the rumors around when were still friend.... And that guy I mentioned is Chihoon. The new student in our school." Hyoeun said.

"WHAT?! HOW IRONIC IS THIS?!" L.Joe asked. Hyoeun just shrugged and she just believed it is just fate.

Want to know what's even more ironic? This.