Respect and...?

Love Is A Battlefield

 

-YOONA's POV-

 

"Because I spread rumors about someone dying here.." she winked.

 

What did she just say? She what?

 

"I'm sorry, you what?" I asked, obviously confused.

"I spread false rumors about someone dying here." she repeated.

"Why would you s--" I started and stopped when a thought came into my mind. "They actually believed you?"

"Yes. They did believe me. Why?" this time, she's the one that sounds confused. I laughed a little.

"Nothing. It's just... ridiculous. I can't believe someone would fall for that rumor." I said in a low tone.

"Excuse me?" she asked. "Are you saying it's a lame prank?"

"You said it. Not me." I said again while adjusting my glasses. I smiled a little and continued. "But who cares if it's lame, right? At least it got us this basement to ourselves."

"Wow, new girl. You're the first to call me lame. You must be unfamiliar of my status here yet." she smiled.

"Not really. I know you're one of the "IT" girls in this school and that you and your friend, who owns this school, are the most popular girls here." I told her.

"Ooh. 2 points to the new girl." she raised a brow.

"Which leaves you trailing behind me with a zero." I said.

"You're a brave one, aren't you?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Brave? How? Am I supposed to be scared because you're very popular?" I said in a mocking tone.

"Looks like no one told you how influential I am in this school. I suggest you show some respect, new girl." she told me in a tone like she was warning me.

"Show some respect? Pfft. What are you? My grandmother? Please. I don't care if you're influential or not. That doesn't make you any higher than me. We're both walking on the same ground and eating the same kind of rice. What makes you think you're different?" I told her. "Oh and if you want to be respected, then gain it and prove that you deserve it because respect is not imposed."

 

With that being said, she kept quiet, probably digesting the words I just told her. Then I stood up and spoke again.

 

"By the way, I didn't say anything about you being lame. I was referring to your prank. You're the one that called yourself lame. Not me." I said and smiled at her.

 

I started walking out of the door but before I could go out, I heard her call me.

 

"New girl!" I turned to look at her. "I hate to be saying this for the first time, especially to a newbie, but... you just gained my respect."

"Thank you. And since I don't see you as a y 'ms.popular' girl, you have mine too." I told her and smiled sincerely.

 

I was about to go when she called again, making me stop once more.

 

"Hey, new girl! Will I be seeing you here in OUR secret place again?" she asked. I turned to look again.

"Alright that's it. Enough with the nickname 'new girl'. The name's YOONA. And yes, we'll see each other here again some time, Yuri." I answered and winked. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

 

This time, I headed out faster so she won't be able to call me back. Yuri. Yuri. Yuri. Trying to be a mean and intimidating 'ms.popular' girl when all you really are is a sweet and lovable person. Thank God He blessed me with a smart head. I know so much better than to judge easily. I walked back to class with a huge smile on my face.

 

 

-YURI's POV-

 

"Alright that's it. Enough with the nickname 'new girl'. The name's YOONA. And yes, we'll see each other here again some time, Yuri." she winked. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

 

Before I could say anything more, she left. Wait a second, did she just call me by my name? This girl is really something else. She's not easily intimidated. She doesn't get scared. She doesn't care who I am and what I can do. This school has finally found someone who is far different from all the others. Someone who we can't toy around with. Someone who's not too scared to talk to me. Someone who sees me normally. Someone who thinks of me equally.

 

Yoona. I hope you're the one I've been waiting for.

 

**

 

After class, I went straight to the cemetery to drop off some flowers to someone special's grave and then headed to Sooyoung's house to meet everyone. It's what we always do. We hang out in her house everyday.

 

"Here she comes. Late, as always." Hyoyeon told them.

"Oh come on. It's not like we're doing something important or something." I said as I sat on my usual chair.

"Whatever Kwon. Anyways, have you guys seen the new girl yet?" Tiffany beamed.

"Oh.. I haven't. Where do we sort her?" Sunny asked.

"I don't know. But I do know she's a cutie." Tiffany smiled.

"She's kind of different. She looks really pretty and smart. I don't know where to put her." Sooyoung said.

"I don't see anything special about her. I'd say she's a nerd." Jessica answered coldly.

"I saw her hanging out with Taeyeon earlier." Seohyun told them.

"Taeyeon, as in the girl in braces and nerdy glasses?" Sooyoung asked.

"Yes." Seohyun answered again.

"There you go. New girl is now officially one of the nerds." Jessica said again.

"I wouldn't say that though. I personally think you can't sort her anywhere. I hope you meet her soon and see what I'm talking about. She'll surprise you like she surprised me. I swear she'll get your tongues tied." I told them and smiled.

"You've met her?" Hyoyeon asked me.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I did." I answered, still smiling.

"Funny. I never see that kind of smile on your face when we talk about the 'others'. New girl must be interesting." Sooyoung said.

"See for yourself." I winked and stood up. "Her name's Yoona by the way." I said and started walking out.

"Where are you going?" Sooyoung asked.

"Orphanage. Mom asked me to do her a favor. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said and left.

 

I walked to my car and drove to the orphanage. I wonder why my mom asked me to meet her there, of all places. She's not planning to adopt a child now, is she? That would just be plain ridiculous.

 

 

-SOOYOUNG's POV-

 

Yoona, huh? I can't wait to meet her personally. It's strange for Yuri to find interest in anyone. She usually never cares about anyone that we're talking about. I better see what this girl is like. My train of thoughts were interrupted when I heard Tiffany screaming.

 

"Bugggg!!" she screamed, eyes closed in fear.

"Sssh! Honey, stop. It's gone now. Calm down." Jessica told her reassuringly.

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe there's a bug in your house Sooyoungie." she told me.

"Well, what did you expect? We're in the GARDEN Tiffany." I reminded her and everyone burst out laughing.

 

Then we all continued chatting about random things. It felt weird when my eyes seemed like they had a mind of their own. I keep glancing towards Jessica's direction. Unintentionally. When our eyes met, my lips also move on their own, forming a smile. She smiled back and the weirdest thing happened to me. My heart skipped a beat.

 

What the hell is wrong with me?

 

 

 

 

*

tbc

 

***

 

another short update before I leave for school. thanks to everyone who subscribed in my story. please do leave comments for me. i'd appreciate your feedbacks. thank you! i hope you like this chapter :)

credits to seohyejung for making all the parts with yoonyul. thank you so much. you're the best! :)