Two birds in one stone

Love Is A Battlefield

 

-YURI's POV-

 

I finally arrived at the orphanage and spotted my mom's car parked across the street. I dialed her number before entering. After a few rings, she picked up.

 

"Yul? Are you on your way?" she asked.

"No mom. Actually, I'm standing right outside." I answered.

"What are you doing, standing outside? Come on in. I want you to meet someone." she told me.

"Okay. I'm going in now." I said and hung up.

 

I hope by that 'someone she wants me to meet', she's not referring to a child she's planning to adopt. I'm seriously gonna go crazy if that happens. I walked inside the orphanage and was greeted by some of the people who work there. I bowed to greet them back.

 

"Excuse me, do you know where I could find Mrs. Kwon?" I asked one of them.

"Yes, she's in that room over there." she pointed at the first door on the left.

"Okay. Thank you very much." I said and bowed again.

 

I walked towards the room that the girl pointed out. I knocked on the door lightly and when I heard someone say "come in", I opened it. I peeked inside to check if I was in the right room before completely going in. I bowed to greet everyone inside and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Yul, I want you to meet Nichkhun. I know he's young but believe it or not, he founded this orphanage two years ago. He has also managed everything by himself. See how responsible he is at such a young age?" mom said while patting the back of a young and good-looking guy. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"I didn't really do this all on my own Mrs. Kwon. It wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for my sister who loved children so much." he said, smiling.

"Oh okay. Well, nice to meet you. I'm Yuri." I introduced, offering a handshake which he gladly took. My mom glared at me for sounding so uninterested.

"Hi Yuri, I'm Nichkhun, it's a pleasure finally to meet Mrs. Kwon's daughter." he told me.

"How about checking the place with your business partner, Yul?" mom said.

"What? What business partner?" I asked, dumfounded.

"We signed a partnership for this orphanage and I signed it with your name. From now on, you'll be working here with Nichkhun." she said, smiling.

"Woah mom. Slow down. Me? Working? Are you for real? Last time I checked, I'm still a sophomore in college. How can I be working already, not to mention holding a business? I'm only 18. Is that even legal?" I bursted, complaining.

"Calm down Yul. Yes it's legal and will you please stop complaining? It's not like there's much work for you to be doing here. You just need to come here as often as you can and help take care of the kids. Is that much for you to do?" she explained.

"I.. guess not." I answered shyly.

 

**

 

After talking about the place and the works to be done, I excused myself to walk around the place and to have some alone time to think. I've been walking around for quite a while now and I haven't seen a single kid around. Is this really an orphanage?

 

"Excuse me" I asked the worker who just passed by. "Where are the children? I haven't seen them anywhere."

"They're probably at the garden Ms. Kwon." she answered.

"Oh. There's a garden here? Can you show me where it is?" I politely asked.

"Of course Ms. Kwon. It's this way" she said and gestured me to follow her.

 

I just followed her and realized how big this place actually is. It must have cost a lot to build this whole place.

 

"Here we are Ms. Kwon." she said.

"Thank you very much." I said and bowed to her. She bowed too and smiled before leaving me.

 

Finally, I saw the children who were all busy doing their own things. Some are playing at the playground. Some are picking flowers. Some are just running around. And some are sitting on the grass focusing their attention at the lady holding a book while a little kid was sitting on her lap. I watched them for a while. They would laugh after the lady spoke and sometimes they would clap their hands. The kids seem to admire the lady a lot and I started wondering if I could ever be close to them just like that woman.

 

"Hey kids!" Nichkhun suddenly shouted from my back. I didn't even know he was there.

 

The kids started running towards our direction excitedly. Finally, the lady turned to look and smiled as she stood up and wore her glasses.

 

"Oppa!" she yelled and walked towards our direction.

 

Omo! Is that.. Yoona?

 

"New girl?" I accidentally blurted out. She stopped on her tracks, surprised. I continued "I mean Yoona. What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?" she asked and walked towards us again.

"You two know each other? I thought you didn't have friends yet Yoongie?" Nichkhun asked Yoona.

"I don't." she said and continued "I just know her because she's in the new school I'm in. How do you know her?"

"Wait. She's the sister that you just mentioned earlier?" I asked him.

"Yuri, yes, she's my sister and Yoong, I just met her earlier. She's my new business partner." Nichkhun answered.

"What?!" we said in unison.

"New business partner?!" Yoona exclaimed.

"What a small world we have." I smirked.

"How could this girl be your business partner? She's just a college sophomore. How can she run this place? Does she even know how? Besides, I heard she's only 18. Is that even legal?" she bursted, exactly like I did earlier with my mom.

"Wow. Seems like you two are gonna be bestfriends. I'll look forward to that." Nichkhun said and winked. "Let's go get ice cream kids!"

 

With that, the kids followed him inside while Yoona and I just stood there, still dumbfounded.

 

"What a small world we have." she finally spoke.

"Like I said." I told her and we both laughed.

 

**

 

-TAEYEON's POV-

 

It has been weeks since Yoona stepped a foot in this school. It didn't take long for her to gain popularity, not only because of her pretty and angelic face, or her outstanding class performances, or her impressive abilities in mostly any kind of sport. Let's just say Yoona excels in everything she does and she's like the closest thing to perfection. But what gives her more attention is her growing close relationship with Yuri. Yes, THE Kwon Yuri in the school. I don't know how she managed to talk to her because no one has ever successfully lasted an hour talking to her. Not that she's a b*tch or anything but she's just really hard to please. You will die trying. What really amazes me is that, despite Yoona being really popular, she never stopped hanging out with me, the biggest geek-slash-nerd in this campus. If I met Yoona before I met Tiffany, I would have liked her instead. But it's too late for that now since I'm already head over heels for Tiffany.

 

"What is the best friend ever doing here so early?" Yoona cheerfully said from behind. "I thought your class starts at 10 today? It's only 8."

"I was asked to tutor a student in Calculus by 8:30. What about you? I remember having the same schedule as you." I told her.

"What a coincindence! I am tutoring a student in Calculus too. Guess who I'm tutoring." she asked with a wide grin.

"Let's see.. Based on the smile on that face... Yuri?" I answered.

"No. Silly. Does every smile on my face mean Yuri?" I laughed when I saw her pout. She's such a cute girl.

"Uhh.. Yeah?" I teased.

"Oh fine, you want teasing? I was gonna switch with whoever the heck you're tutoring because I was asked to tutor Tiffany but now I don't feel like switching anymore." she said and pretended to walk away. Of course I pulled her back. She's tutoring MY Tiffany, we definitely have to switch students!

"Alright! I won't tease you about Yuri anymore. I would even treat you lunch for the whole week. PLEASE switch students with me." I nearly begged her.

"HAHAHAHAHA. You are so cute Taeng. You shouldn't be so desperate you know, or at least try not to be obvious. Others might use it against you." she told me.

"Oh yeah? Like how you used it against me?" I said and she laughed.

"So who am I tutoring in place of Tiffany?" she asked me.

"Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung." I answered. Yoona paused to think.

"Is that the tall girl with Yuri on my first day here? The one whose family owns this school?" she asked again.

"Yes that's right. Haven't you been hanging out with her? She was always with Yuri." I told her.

"Nope. I haven't even seen her since my first day." she said and checked her watch. "Well, it's almost 8:30, we better get going Taeng. We don't want the "IT" girls waiting."

"Don't want my princess waiting." I said dreamily and she punched me lightly on my shoulder.

"Dream on Prince Taeyeon!" she teased and ran away. 

"Yah!!" I yelled and she stuck her tongue out. This choding..

 

I started feeling nervous as we got nearer to the classroom we were assigned to meet our students. I am tutoring Tiffany, the girl of my dreams. What if I end up staring and ogling at her instead of teaching her? On second thought, maybe I can use this chance to impress her. I can use this one hour and a half everyday for two weeks to impress her. Why do tutoring last for two weeks only? They should be longer!

 

"Taeng." Yoona called quietly before we entered the room. "This Sooyoung girl wouldn't be a pain in the a**, right? Because I really don't want to deal with rich spoiled kids."

"I don't think she will be a problem. She seemed nicer than the other "IT" girls." I answered honestly.

"You're not sure?" she pouted. "Oh well, just wish me luck then. I hope I don't end up lecturing her about attitude."

I laughed and patted her back. "Good luck then Yoong."

 

She smiled and sighed before we entered the room. I was surprised to see five people inside. Yoona and I expected only two people. I spotted my princess with... her girlfriend, Jessica. That's right, I almost forgot. My princess is taken.

 

"Hey Yoong!" Yuri greeted.

"Hey Yul. I didn't know you were failing Calculus." Yoona replied.

"Me? Failing? Please! I'm a genius." she told her arrogantly which gained her a slap on the shoulder from Yoona.

 

Everyone just watched amusingly as Yuri and Yoona teased each other. I felt a little pang of envy because I wish I was as close to Tiffany as Yoona is with Yuri. I wish we can tease each other like them and hang out like they do. I heaved a sigh which Yoona seemed to notice. She walked towards me and squeezed my hand.

 

"Taeng, are you okay?" she asked full of concern while glancing at the JeTi couple.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Why will I not be?" I lied.

"Liar. We'll talk later, kay? We better start teaching for now." she said and squeezed my hand again before walking towards Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

I'm glad I have a friend like Yoona. She's sweet and caring. Yuri is so lucky to have such a wonderful person going crazy after her. If I was on her shoe, I would have initiated the first move already.

 

"I'll see you later." Jessica told Tiffany and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips before leaving with the others.

 

I thought I just died. It's not the first time seeing the girl I love being sweet to the girl she loves. In fact, I see it quite a lot but for some odd reasons, I never got used to it. It still hurts a lot. Any person in the right mind would just let go and move on because this is already a hopeless case, they're obviously madly inlove with each other. But why can't I? Why can't I just forget about her? I sighed and looked away, only to meet Yoona's gaze. She looked at me with eyes full or concern. I gave her my best smile so she wouldn't worry about me so much, however, she seems to know me better than I thought so she came over to me again.

 

"It's not too late to switch partners, if you can't do it, it's fine. I don't want this 2 weeks of tutoring to become hell for you." Yoona whispered.

"No Yoong, it's okay. I'm fine, don't worry so much. This will be fun." I told her and gave her a reassuring smile.

She sighed before saying, "Alright."

 

I hope I don't torture myself too much by doing this.

 

-YOONA's POV-

 

I hope Taeyeon won't hurt too much. I'm starting to think that I made a mistake telling her that I was gonna tutor Tiffany. If I didn't tell her though, she would have been mad at me for keeping it. Aish.. I don't know what to do with this girl. My best friend can be really stupid when it comes to love. I wish she can just move on already. Another thing that bothered me was the exact same look on Sooyoung's face. She had the same expression as Taeyeon when she looked at the JeTi couple. Does she have a secret crush on one of them too? What a complicated world.

 

"So.. Are we just gonna stare at Taeyeon and Tiffany all day?" Sooyoung said, disrupting me from my train of thoughts.

"Uh.. No. Sorry. Let's start." I replied.

"Okay. Because I really need to pass Calculus." she told me.

"And you will. Just listen attentively and understand everything I tell you." I instructed.

"Alright. But you can NOT restrict food and eating." she said, seriously. I laughed and nodded.

"I won't as long as you pay attention." I replied.

"Deal." she agreed.

 

So from there, our first tutorial session went by smoothly. I'm not so sure how Taeyeon and Tiffany were doing since they moved to the library and left me and Sooyoung alone in the room. I found out that Sooyoung isn't the 'rich spoiled kid' type that I expected. She's actually really nice and funny. She's very easy to talk to. Just like Yuri, we shared a lot of things in common. No wonder they were really close.

 

 

-SOOYOUNG's POV-

 

I have never found Calculus fun in my entire school life until today. Yoona made it really fun to learn. It was so much easier to understand those stupid formulas and solutions when she was discussing them to me. Not to mention the fact that it surprised me how she loves eating too. She ate with me while she was teaching me. How fun is that right? Another thing that surprised me was that she actually has perfect features which made her look like an angel. Remove her glasses and she will look like a goddess. Her personality is even as beautiful as her. No wonder she got close to Yuri, the not-so-friendly best friend of mine.

 

"So, I think that's all for today. I will be seeing you here again tomorrow then." Yoona told me.

"Yep. And I will make sure to bring more food tomorrow. You practically finished all the food I was bringing today. Now I'm still hungry." I told her, faking a pout to which she laughed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. How can I make it up to you? Do you want me to bring food tomorrow?" she asked.

"No, my stomach can't wait till tomorrow. Buy me lunch today." I joked and she laughed.

"Deal. See you at lunch then." she said.

"For real?" I asked, confused if she was still playing along.

"Well, yeah. If you want to. Unless you're not allowed to be seen with a nerd in public." she answered seriously.

"Right. Like there's anyone in this school who can tell me what I'm allowed and not allowed to do. Fine, see you at lunch then." I told her. Again, she laughed.

"Okay, cool. I'll see you later then." she said, still laughing.

"Whatever nerdy! Get lost!" I said as she was about to leave the room. She laughed again and stopped near the door.

"Oh and Sooyoung, stop trying to act like the rich-spoiled, bratty kind of person. It doesn't suit you. You're obviously a sweet and funny person inside." she told me and her words hit me. My heart stopped beating for a split second.

"Yeah? Well then, stop laughing like an alligator that's about to devour it's prey. You're obviously a pretty deer hiding behind those glasses." I said and she laughed harder as she raised her thumb to me and exited the room.

 

Did I really just say that? What got into me? As soon as I felt the silence inside the classroom. The thoughts about the previous moments between Sica nad Fany flooded my head. I sighed at the flashbacks. As far as it bothers me, Sica has been running around in my head for weeks now and it gives me a weird feeling everytime I see her with Fany. It never bothered me before that they were dating. Why does it bother me so much now?  Oh well, at least Yoona got me distracted for a good one hour and a half. How she managed to get Sica out of my head for that duration of time, I would never know. Well well well, looks like Yul is right. This girl really will surpise you.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! I just got off of being grounded recently and I can finally use my computer again. Since 95% of the votes said I should continue this story with my own plot, here you go. I hope you like this update. I'm really trying my best to continue this story that our previous author had left me with. Please give me your feedbacks, they will really help a lot. :))

P.S._Thank you for all the support you're giving me and my fics. I appreciate it. I will now continue writing the update for my other fic, SPEAK. Please look forward to it. ^__^