Our Secret Place

Love Is A Battlefield

 

-SOMEONE's POV-

 

I walked along the corridors of my new school, wondering if there's any chance for me to love this place. I still hate how my stepmom chose to move here when my life was already so good and so happy back in my hometown. I hate the fact that everything's new to me again. New school. New place. New people. New life. Will I ever get used to living here when I'm longing for my hometown so much?

 

"Hey! New girl!" called out a girl from behind. I adjusted my glassed as I turned to look and saw her smiling with her eyes.

"Uh.. Hi." I said, not knowing what to say.

 

She was in the hall with a group of girls. They all look like supermodels. I'm guessing they're kind of like the "IT" girls in this school. The girl who called out to me was standing beside a girl who looks just like barbie, their hands intertwined. 'Barbie', who was staring at me coldly, then leaned closer to the eye-smiling girl and whispered something which made her giggle. I turned my gaze to the other girls in their group. They were 7, including 'Barbie' and the eye-smiling girl. Two of them were short girls, both blonde except the other one has a really short hair while the other has a long wavy hair, who were laughing and chatting with a taller girl who looks so reserved. What/Who really caught my attention was the girl, with a jet-black hair, talking to the tallest one in their group while staring back at me. They both smiled at me and it was as if my heart stopped for a moment. She's too pretty..

 

Just then, a short girl wearing nerdy glasses suddenly appeared in front of me, smiling with her braces.

 

"Hi! You must be Im Yoona." she said.

"Yes. And you are..." I answered.

"I'm Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon." she continued, still smiling.

"Hi Taeyeon. Nice to meet you." I said formally.

"No need to be formal with me. I will be your guide and your saviour in this school." she winked "You can ask me anything."

"Okay. Can you tell me what's with those girls right there? Are they like the "IT" girls here?" I asked, pointing to the group I was staring at before she came.

"Oh. Them? Yes, they are the "IT" girls. Aren't they just gorgeous? Wait. Speaking of them, I saw you saying hi to one of them. Do you by any chance know Tiffany?" she answered.

"Who's Tiffany?" I asked again.

"The one who called you. The one you said hi to. The eye-smiling princess and the love of my life." she told me. I laughed.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Looks like she's taken by Barbie" I said while turning my gaze to the direction of 'Barbie'.

"Barbie? Oh you mean Jessica? Yeah. They're a couple." she said as her cheerfulness decreased.

"What about those blondes? Are they sisters?" I asked to change the topic for her.

"Oh. No. They're not sisters. The short-haired blonde is Sunny and the long-haired blonde is Hyoyeon, her bestfriend. I heard from gossips that Hyoyeon has a thing for Seohyun, the taller girl they're laughing with." she answered and I nodded.

"And.. those two?" I turned to the girls who were still staring at me.

"Ah.. That girl who's the tallest in their group is Sooyoung and the girl beside her is Yuri. They've been bestfriends since elementary school. They're the most popular ones in the school. Not to mention Sooyoung's family owns the school." she told me.

 

Yuri.

 

**

 

I laid my body down the cold wooden floor of the building's basement. It's a dark room, since the lights are off. It's a room full of mirrors. I assume this used to be a room for dance practices. I'm glad I found this place since no one seems to come here anymore, this could be my sanctuary, my secret place. It feels great to be able to finally rest in silence since I spent my whole morning listening to Taeyeon talking about her massive crush on Tiffany. Sure, I like Taeyeon so much and I really like having her as a friend, she's very friendly and kind but I could use some quiet time to get used to this new environment too.

 

I placed my earphones on my ears and played a song on my iPod. Then I took off my glasses and closed my eyes.

 

You shout it out
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium

Cut me down
But it's you who has further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
I am titanium

Stone-hard, machine guns
Firing at the ones who run
Stone-hard, those bulletproof glass

You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
I am titanium

 

Just as I was enjoying every single bit of my alone time, I heard someone clapping. I immediately opened my eyes and sat up. I saw a girl lying down the floor beside me, about two feet away, her hands on her head, using them as a pillow. I removed the earphones from my ears. I wore my glasses to see clearer and recognized her face. Yuri.

 

"Nice voice you got right there." she said. Am I hearing windchimes?

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You were singing Titanium by David Guetta, right? You sound really good." she said again.

"Yeah. How did you--" then I realized I was singing the song aloud unconsciously. My face instantly turned red.

"How did I what?" she said, sitting up.

"Nothing. How long have you been here?" I asked.

"A while.." she answered.

"So this room isn't a secret place after all." I said in a low tone.

"It was MY secret place before you found it." she told me.

"Oh.. Sorry. I didn't know." I said and stood up. "I'll go find my own secret place then"

"Well, I didn't say I'm not okay with sharing it. This place could always make a room for two." she said and smiled.

"Really?" I turned to her again.

"Really. Besides, I don't think you'll be able to find a place quieter than this room. This is the only room that no one dares to go to." she said.

"Why is that?" I asked, confused.

 

"Because I spread rumors about someone dying here.." she winked.

 

 

 

 

*

tbc

 

***

 

and that's the first chapter of my first fic. what do you think? i'm sorry for making it short. it's just the introduction. i hope you like it. please leave comments for me. they would truly help. i'll update as soon as the next chapter's done :)