A Ghost of a Chance

Dreams Do Come True... Kinda

"I'm leaving. I don't belong in this class anymore," Chen says rather emotionlessly as Sehun finally enters the classroom for their Pokemon Basics class.

"What? Dude... What are you even talking about?" a rather confused Sehun asks quickly.

Wordlessly, Chen holds up a baby Emolga and even smiles a little bit. It's a smile that sends shivers down Sehun's spine, but he doesn't say anything more. Just then, Taeyeon comes in behind Sehun and looks over at Chen.

"Oh my! Another new Pokemon! Soon my little class will be completely gone... But that's alright! It's time for us to get you into that Electric Master's class right now! They've already started, but you should at least be there to watch while your Pokemon rests, Jongdae," she says with her usual cheery smile on her face.

The boy simply nods and cradles his electric squirrel in his arms. Sehun lets out a soft sigh and glares down at his egg as the two leave without even addressing him again. The shell is at least warm, which means the Pokemon inside is still alive. But what is taking it so long anyway?

"This is ridiculous..." Sehun grumbles to himself as he decides to simply skip this class and go back up to his dorm.

He knew he had a little food in his backpack still. Some of the candies and other treats he'd bought on the train and half the peanut butter sandwich his mom had packed for his train ride which had been abandoned as soon as the snack cart had rolled up to his compartment. That would be enough to tide him over until lunch perhaps. He shakes his head as he wanders through the dead-silent hallway with his eyes trained on the egg in his arms.

"And what is a student doing wandering these corridors during class? Do you have a hall pass, young man?" A rather frightening voice asks from seemingly everywhere.

Sehun looks up quickly, his eyes darting around the hall frantically. At first he sees nothing. The entire hallway seems to darken even with the large windows hanging wide open. A chill runs down Sehun's spine yet again and the hair on the back of his neck stands up straight.

"W-Who's there??" he asks shakily.

A soft, rather effeminate chuckle rings through the hall. He turns around completely and finds himself face-to-face with a rather large jellyfish-like Pokemon that's oddly... well... pink. Its red eyes seem rather harmless and coupled with the similarly colored red lips, the thing is not threatening in the slightest.

"Umm... What the hell?"

"Well how rude! That's my beloved Jellicent and she's just trying to let you know that there's nothing to fear... well except possibly me," the voice says as a rather short, adorable, and darkly-dressed woman steps out of the shadows.

"And who are you exactly?" Sehun asks incredulously, not finding this woman threatening in the slightest.

"Professor BoA's name and punishing students that aren't where they're supposed to be is my game. I ask my Ghost type friends to strike fear into the unruly students' hearts then deal a hefty punishment. And you, Oh Sehun, are not where you're supposed to be and by the rather frightened and tense way you're standing, I'd say the only part that's left is the punishment. WHY aren't you in class?" she asks with a stern look on her face, though somehow Sehun just can't take her seriously.

She's literally the shortest person he's seen here, other than Taeyeon possibly, and is wearing a rather lolita-ish little dress with stockings that go well beyond her knees. In other words, she's too cute to be scary at all.

"Considering my Professor and the only other classmate I had left ditched me, I figured I could at least go back to my dorm and get a snack. What else was I supposed to do? Wait there and pick my nose until Professor Taeyeon got back? No thanks," he says calmly.

"You're still required to stay in your classroom. The hallways are unsafe and there are many places within this building where Pokemon-less students do not belong. It can literally be dangerous for you," BoA replies quickly.

The tall boy simply shakes his head and side-steps the floating jellyfish thing. Without another word, he continues walking toward his dorm. BoA stomps her foot and suddenly a whole team of somewhat frightening Pokemon appear before the young man.

"You're not going anywhere except back to your classroom! If you try to defy me again I won't let you by with just a warning. You'll have a detetion with me. In the forest out back. At night. And your egg will remain here in the building with Professor Taeyeon," BoA says with an incredibly serious tone in her voice. 

"You can't honestly think that I would find that a threat, do you? It's your job to be sure all students are safe. And putting me in a situation like that would instantly make me unsafe. Now if you'll excuse me, I missed breakfast because my ex-best friend let me sleep in this morning. Good thing said ex-best friend is already in your Master Class, that means I probably won't ever have to confront you ever again for anything. Good day," Sehun responds as he takes another step towards his dorm.

Before BoA can even respond, the egg in his arms begins to shake violently. Whatever is inside is scratching and... pecking(?) its way out. Sehun jumps and quickly puts the egg down on the floor and crouches down near it, not wanting to have the little creature in his arms if its going to continue slashing it sharp claws. Silence fills the hall again until the shell cracks completely in half, revealing a tiny little Pidgey that gets stuck inside one half of the shell. The new baby blinks up at Sehun and coos softly before trying to move closer to him, but it stumbles a bit and tumbles foward, the egg shell ending up on top of it. He can't help but chuckle as he reaches out and lifts the egg shell up, tossing it aside before he scoops his new Pokemon into his arms. A soft tap on his shoulder makes him look up at BoA, who is smiling down at him.

"It looks like you no longer belong in that class anyway. The Flying Master Class is just down the hall. Follow me," she says kindly as she beckons him in the other direction.

Reluctantly, he stands up and shuffles after her, glancing down at his little Pidgey every now and then. Before he even realizes it, she's opened the door to a classroom and ushers him inside. The room itself is much bigger than he's originally expected. Its high ceiling is, surprisingly, completely non-existent. There's soft grass on the floor and trees rising up from the ground everywhere. There are a few benches near the door, but there doesn't seem to be anybody in the room at all.

"Where is everyone?" he asks curiously.

As if on cue, two rather well-sized birds start dive bombing from the sky, only to pull up and land lightly just in front of him. Both bird Pokemon have a trainer on their back, one of which is a boy Sehun recognizes from dinner the night before; Jungsu. Said boy smiles at Sehun as he climbs off of his Swanna then rushes over.

"Welcome, Sehun-ah, to the Flying Master Class!" he says eagerly as he gently the Pidgey's head.

The other trainer, who was definitely NOT at the opening ceremony, climbs down from his Altaria and slowly makes his way over to talk to BoA.

"I found this young man trying to escape from his class with his egg, but before I could punish him it hatched into a Pidgey. So I've brought him to you, Jay. It's nice to see you again," she greets warmly.

Jay returns the smile then looks at Sehun.

"It seems you're the new student that the Headmaster mentioned. It's taken your Pokemon quite some time to hatch compared to the other new students, but I'm glad you've finally arrived. Jungsu finally has someone to train with other than his own teacher. I'm Jay by the way. I'm your Professor for this class, but I'm also the active Gym Leader in Fortree City in the Hoenn region. There will be many times when I will not be able to make it to class, but you are to show up still and listen to Jungsu. He has plenty of experience to help you train. Just be warned, Flying-type Pokemon have many weaknesses. But they are one of the few types that can allow you to see the Earth below from the sky. They will be difficult to master, but once you have mastered them you will be basically unbeatable. Tell me now, is there any particular trainer here at the Academy that you'd like to challenge?" he asks calmly, earning a quick nod from Sehun.

"My roommate, Kim Jongin,".