First Day Jitters

Dreams Do Come True... Kinda

"Rise and shine everyone! We've got an hour to get ready and get to breakfast! Class is in one and a half hours!" Suho shouts as he goes around banging on all three doors.

"Dammit... Quit yelling. It's only 6:30 in the morning... There's still time," an annoyed Kai grumbles as he shuffles out of his room in only a pair of boxers.

"Thanks for the wake-up call, hyung, but I'm already up~" Kyungsoo practically sings as he joins the other two.

Suho simply shrugs and heads to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Kai rolls his eyes and flops down on the couch.

"U-Um.... Jongin, was it? Aren't you going to shower or at least put on some clothes?" Kyungsoo asks politely as his eyes unintentionally scan the dark, bare chest and arms of the younger.

"Screw that... I'll get to it later. Don't you have to go wake up your roommate or something?" Kai asks without looking at Kyungsoo.

"What about your roommate?"

"He almost made us miss the train. This is payback," Kai replies non-chalantly.

Kyungsoo simply nods and slips into the bathroom to shower, thinking that he'll be able to get in there before anyone else can (even though his thought process completely defeats the purpose of having communal showers). Kai sighs heavily to himself and closes his eyes, but the sound of running water soon kick starts his bladder. He groans and reluctantly gets up. 'To hell with this, I'll just shower and get all the annoying I do in the bathroom out of the way before it gets crowded in there. There's no telling if any of these guys are divas or are going to bust out singing in the shower or something stupid like that...' he thinks to himself as he quickly retrieves his cleanest uniform and enters the bathroom, nearly bumping into Suho in the process.

"Sorry about that. Have a nice shower~" Suho says almost too cheerfully and Kai simply nods as he makes his way back towards the showers.

He hadn't bothered to check to see where his shower even was before, so he knows that whoever is currently showering (Kyungsoo) will have to deal with him wondering around for a bit at first. He sighs again and leaves his clothes in the room labeled "Changing Room", dropping his boxers on top of the neat pile. Having only a towel slung over his shoulder and a small shower caddy in his right hand, he goes back into the shower area and smiles over at Kyungsoo. The older boy, however, doesn't seem to notice him and starts singing softly. Kai ignores him at first as he checks the two showers nearest to the doors. He smirks to himself when he sees Sehun's is pretty much right inside the doorway. More ways for the younger to suffer. He quietly makes his way to the shower head next to Sehun's, groaning when he sees his nametag there. Of course they'd have everything next to each other. As if sleeping in the same room wasn't enough for the rather annoyed Kai.

"This ing ..." he grumbles as he sets down his things, hangs up his towel, and starts the shower.

The soft singing from before falters a little bit and Kyungsoo lets out a rather girly squeak when he realizes he has an audience. This isn't just any audience though. This is the guy he'd just been checking out a few minutes ago. 'Except this time he's ing ...' the nervous, rather shy boy thinks to himself. 'Oh .... so am I! And his showerhead is right across from mine! This can't be happening... .... Relax Kyungsoo. Just relax. You're not gay... are you? Maybe not yet... Or am I? God this is just too confusing...'

"Hey. Could I borrow some soap? I left my shower gel in my bedroom accidentally..." Kai asks as he turns to face the other.

Kyungsoo freezes. Every single brain cell focuses on NOT looking at Kai's . It takes Kyungsoo a couple moments to finally pull himself together enough to let out a quiet "sure" before he gently tosses his bar of soap over to the younger.

"Sorry... Are you a germaphobe or something? I could always go get mine if you really don't want me using it," Kai says softly, trying to comfort the rather tense boy.

"I-It's fine... Really. I don't mind," Kyungsoo says quickly as he turns back around, hoping Kai hadn't seen anything.

Kai blinks once then a little light of recognition appears in his eyes.

"Oh... You're really shy, aren't you? Well don't worry about it too much. I really don't mind if other guys see me . Hell I could care less. But I promise I won't look or anything if you don't want me to," he adds calmly.

Kyungsoo simply nods and stares at the wall, unsure of what to say really.

An awkward silence settles over the two for a few minutes.

"H-Hey. Your singing earlier... it was really good. You should sing more often," Kai tries to cut through the silence with a compliment.

"Thanks but... I don't know. I'm not all that great and I really don't need to have people listening..." Kyungsoo replies quickly.

"Oh... okay. Just thought you should know that you really are pretty talented. Maybe you can be one of those gym leaders who's also a performer or something like that,"

"I doubt that could ever happen to me... But thanks for saying so," Kyungsoo says with a soft smile on his face.

The two lapse into a slightly more comfortable silence until a rather groggy (and completely ) Chanyeol barges into the shower area and quickly claims his shower in the corner next to Kai.

 


 

Just down the hall, five more new students are sleeping soundly. Xuimin had woken up basically at the crack of dawn. His nerves are already eating away at him as he checks himself in the mirror. The last time he'd had a first day of school had been a nightmare. His parents had moved them out of country to a place where he could barely speak the language and to top it all off had given him a pretty stupid haircut the night before with a fruit bowl and a pair of scissors. He'd been called Bowl Boy Boazi for months. His mind keeps replaying the awful incident over and over as he sits silently on the couch. The children's laughter and taunts ring in his ears.

Suddenly a shriek pierces through his painful cloud of memories, making him jump about a foot in the air.

"ing... God WHY can't you just wake me up like a normal person?!! Screaming bloody murder is ing rude and uncalled for!!" Tao's angry voice shouts through the wall.

The distinct sound of sobbing makes Xuimin stand up and hurry to the bedroom where all the ruckus is coming from. Without hesitation he knocks on the door.

"W-What's going on in there??" he asks somewhat loudly, but only loud enough for the two in the bedroom to hear him.

The door quickly swings open, revealing a pissed-looking Tao wearing a black wife beater and a pair of dark boxers. There's a rather dark aura about the boy, making him twice as scary as normal as he glares down at the older boy.

"This ing idiot decided to scream because he thinks there's something in his bed... It's probably just a mouse or something but he won't get off of my bed now," Tao practically growls as he grabs up his shower stuff and stomps off to the bathroom.

Xuimin steps back quickly and lets the younger boy out of the room, watching after him for a moment. The rather loud sobs coming from the corner of the room quickly snap him back to Luhan. He hurries inside, letting the door swing shut behind him, and carefully sits down beside the other boy, rubbing his back lightly.

"Hey now... It's okay. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about... You're probably just a little homesick or something like that. It's nothing to be too worried about..." he says soothingly, smiling as Luhan's sobs start to slow down to soft little almost-hiccups.

After a few minutes, Luhan turns and wraps his arms around Xuimin, burying his face in the older boy's chest.

"I-It was so scary... I swear... There's still something over there... U-Under my blankets... Please... Go check for me... I don't want to go back over there until I'm sure my bed is empty..." he whimpers softly as he clings onto Xuimin's shirt.

Xuimin sighs. No matter how helpless and adorable Luhan may seem, he knows he's going to have to try to help the younger. Though deep down he really, really doesn't want to let go of the shaking boy just yet.

"Shhh... Just take a deep breath and I'll go check for you, alright?"

Luhan nods slowly and reluctantly lets go of Xuimin.

"Please don't let it eat you... You're too nice to be eaten..." Luhan whispers brokenly as he wraps his arms around his legs and pulls them up to his chest.

Xuimin gives him a weak smile and stands up. He gently ruffles Luhan's hair before he pulls away and makes his way over to the other bed. Hearing a little gasp from Luhan, he lays his hand on the sheets. He mentally counts to three, then pulls the fabric down along the mattress. Lying there in the dip between the pillow and the mattress is a baby Ralts. A huge smile appears on Xuimin's face as he turns to show Luhan.

"See? It's not a mouse at all. It's your very first Pokemon!" he says excitedly.

Luhan looks a bit surprised and quickly scrambles off the bed. Within seconds he stands beside Xuimin and gazes down at the tiny little Pokemon.

"Oh my gosh.... It's so cute... But how do you know it's mine?" he asks curiously.

Xuimin simply chuckles and nods his head towards Tao's dresser. The top drawer is pulled out slightly and overflowing with t-shirts. There's an egg nestled inside the soft fabric. Luhan blushes lightly and bends over the bed to scoop the sleeping Pokemon up into his arms.

"Looks like I'm a psychic type trainer~ This little one's from the Hoenn region and its name is Ralts... Though I have a feeling I'll come up with a cooler nickname soon~" he says happily as the little Pokemon opens its eyes and blinks up at him.

 

{OMG sorry this has taken so long you guys! I had it started just before my spring break then got swamped with last-minute projects and quizzes. But here you go! I'm about halfway through my spring break now but I should be updating both these stories at least one more time before I head back on Sunday. Hope you all have a fantastic day! Classes for these boys start in the next chapter, so stick around! :D }