Roommates

Dreams Do Come True... Kinda

"You have GOT to be kidding me... We've been best friends since infancy and even going to school can't separate us..." Kai says in a rather frustrated tone.

Sehun had just walked into the 2-man bedroom nearest to the bathroom, the very room that Kai had managed to unlock with his dorm key beforehand. He'd tried the other two bedroom doors as well but neither had opened for him. Earlier on he'd snuck away from the crowd in the dining hall and had been the first one to enter the EXO K dorm. Everyone's belongings were sitting in the main living area in individual piles and the moment Kai had discovered which bedroom was his, he'd moved his trunk and slid it under the bed closest to the large window and furthest from the wall adjacent to the bathroom. 

Sehun sighs softly as he's sees Kai's annoyed face. 

"It's not like we can change it or anything. Swapping keys is forbidden,"

"Says who?" Kai asks increduluously. 

"If you'd stayed at least until the end of dinner you would've known that that's one of the main rules. If you lose your key you get a spare, but there are only two spare keys per bedroom. In other words, we can't lose more than two keys between the two of us without it being a problem," Sehun explains.

Kai groans and flops onto his bed. Sehun simply gives up reasoning with the dark-haired boy and wanders back into the living area to get a feel for the place they'd be living in for the next few years. A wide, spacious room with two full-length windows that face a mountain range (presumably one from a nearby region of the Pokearth) seems to be the main living area. Two couches and a couple recliners stand in a semi-circle near a fireplace and just above the mantle is a rather large flatscreen tv. Sehun's eyes scan the room for a remote, but to no avail. He quickly gives up and wanders into another room that's lined with bookcases and filled with low tables and beanbag chairs in the middle of a dark, carpeted floor. 

'What good is a study? I thought we're supposed to be learning how to be Pokemon trainers...' he thinks to himself as he looks around the study a little more.

Soon voices can be heard next door in the SHINee dorm. One particular voice sounds rather annoyed and seems to be complaining that its owner didn't get a room to himself. Sehun rolls his eyes and wanders to the bathroom and is pleasantly surprised by the size of it. There's a wall lined with four urinals and two actual stalls and directly across from them are six sinks with individual medicine cabinets that have mirrors on the outside of their doors. Upon closer inspection, Sehun notices that there are little name cards on the bottom right-hand corner of each right-hand mirror with the hangul for one of the boys' names on them. His is across from one of the stalls near the back corner. Somehow he can't decide yet if that's going to be good or bad for him, but at least he won't have to awkwardly watch the reflection of any of the others doing their business directly behind him. He shakes off the thought and wanders over to a rather large sliding glass door. Inside is a communal shower room with six shower heads, three on each wall leaving plenty of space between. There are even little metal shelves directly underneath each showerhead and again there are labels with their names on them. This time he doesn't get so lucky as his shower is just inside the door and to the left. He sighs a little and decides to let it slide as he realizes there's a door next to his showerhead labeled "Tub". He blinks once then turns around and sees another door that says "Dressing Room" directly opposite of it. Before he can make a move to explore either, however, there's a rather loud cry from the living area.

"Growlithe! Stop it! You can't eat that!" A rather flustered Chanyeol shouts as Sehun races out of the bathroom.

The youngest K resident blinks when he sees the baby fire Pokemon trying to eat someone's shoe. Kyungsoo's standing not far away looking really upset. Sehun sighs and walks over to the little Pokemon, crouching beside it and its head lightly.

"It's okay little guy... You'll have to wait till your dork of a trainer buys you a chew toy or something though. Shoes are not food..." he says softly as he picks up the confused Pokemon and hands it to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol blushes and looks at Kyungsoo apologetically.

"S-Sorry about that... I guess he is just a baby after all. He must be teething..." he mumbles awkwardly.

It takes a moment for Kyungsoo to relax, but he doesn't say anything as he picks up the torn up shoe and pouts. 

"Looks like umma's going ot have to send me a new pair..." he says more to himself than anyone else.

An awkward siilence settles over the small circle of boys until Baekhyun shuffles out of the study, holding his sleeping Oddish in his arms.

"What's going on you guys? Who's eveyone rooming with?" he asks curiously.

"Jongin and I are stuck together again," Sehun says with a bit of a pout.

"It's a problem that you're living with your best friend?" Suho asks in confusion as he enters the dorm.

"It's not a problem really... I get along with him fine. It's just that I was hoping I'd get to know some new friends and learn to live with someone other than Jongin... Does that make any sense?" Sehun asks, sounding a bit unsure of himself.

"Well sure it does. If I'd spent my entire life growing up with someone then I'd want to get a stranger for a roommate too. But remember, we are all living in this dorm together. I'm sure it won't take too long for us to all get to know each other fairly well," Suho replies with a smile.

"Oh hey! My key unlocks the door next to the study!" Chanyeol shouts out excitedly. Kyungsoo's face just sinks.

No one seems to notice though as Baekhyun wanders off to try his key on another door, but it doesn't work. Unbeknownst to him, Kai is just inside that room still brooding over the fact that he has to live with Sehun.

"Awesome! I've got the room by the window!" Suho exclaims happily as he enters the aforementioned room.

"So wait a minute... Which one of you is Joonmyun?" Kyungsoo asks as he eyes the remaining luggage curiously, spotting a tag with the name on it.

"That's me!" Suho calls from inside his room as he locks the door, "Whoever doesn't know where their room is should come try this door now! I wanna know who's rooming in here with me!" he adds excitedly.

"It's Baekhyun," Kyungsoo answers calmly, earning him a quizical look from both Sehun and Baekhyun. "I already know my key goes to the door by the study. I tried it a few minutes ago... So I'm rooming with Chanyeol. And since Sehun and Jongin are together, that leaves Baekhyun's key to be the one that goes to the door where Suho's waiting. Simple logic really," he explains quite calmly.

"Oh... Okay..." Baekhyun says softly as he shuffles over to his new bedroom and easily unlocks the door. 

 


 

Just a little way down the hall, similar things are happening in the EXO M dorm. 

"Hi everyone~! I'm Luhan! It's nice to meet you all!" the youngest-looking boy says eagerly in Mandarin, assuming all the others speak his native language.

A few of the others greet him back kindly, but two look very confused.

"U-Umm... I only speak Korean..." Xiumin mutters, looking a little annoyed that Luhan was using Chinese already.

Luhan simply rolls his eyes and says "I know that, dummy," before he wanders off to try to figure out which room is his.

The other boys remain fairly calm and some wander off to explore the study and the bathroom.

"H-Hey! I know we all went over nicknames and everything during the walk here... But who's Yixing?" Kris calls out curiously as he inspects the nametags in the bathroom.

"T-That's me..." Lay replies shyly.

"Oh yeah! That's what Sooman called you earlier! I KNEW you were Chinese!" Luhan shouts from his bedroom, having discovered that his key opened the door next to the bathroom.

"Yah... What's being Chinese have to do with anything?" Tao asks in a cranky voice as he flops down on a couch.

"Nothing really. It's just cool to know not everyone here is Korean. Now I know I have more than one person to speak Mandarin with!" Luhan replies as he starts dragging his stuff into his new bedroom.

"Jesus... How old ARE you anyway?" Tao asks incredulously.

"Not telling~" Luhan sings in response.

Meanwhile both Xiumin and Chen have figured out which bedrooms are theirs. Xiumin's key opens the door by the study while Chen's unlocks the one by the window. Something about this situation bothers Chen, but he decides to remain silent as he waits to see who his roommate will be. Lay hesitantly takes off his shoes and shuffles further into the dorm, smiling at the interior for a moment before he too goes off to find his bedroom.

"There must be a lot of us going by nicknames here... The only names in there that remotely resemble the names I've heard are Luhan and Zitao, which I'm assuming is you, Tao," Kris says rather curiously as he exits the bathroom.

"Do we each have our own shower or something?" Luhan inquires as he takes his seat on the couch again.

"Go check yourself, lazy ," Kris says curtly. 

Tao lets out a frustrated sigh as his key actually unlocks the one door he had hoped it wouldn't; Luhan's.

"Oh yay! We're roomies now Taozi~" Luhan says happily as he skips over and backhugs the taller boy.

Big mistake. Seconds later Luhan's lying on his back with the wind knocked out of him and Tao just looks pissed.

"Don't. Sneak. Up. On. Me," the dark-haired boy says in a slight rage.

Only Kris had seen this exchange, but he's already a little worried that either one or both of his new dorm mates would be dead within a week. He lets out a soft sigh and decides it'd just be best to move his things into his new room. Based on everyone else's outcomes, he'd be living with Xiumin. He doesn't have any reason to complain. At least he knew his roommate would be quieter than Luhan. By the way things were happening already, it seemed everyone in this dorm was quieter than Luhan. He suddenly feels bad for Tao. But he has a feeling the boy would be able to handle himself. Especially with those Wushu skills on his side.

 


 

About a half hour later everyone in both dorms is settled into their respective rooms and (regardless of difficulty or distate for their roommate) is relaxing in front of the fireplace. In each dorm one of the boys brings up the last words of Professor Taeyeon from the feast. 

"The first class all of you will need to attend is tomorrow at 8am in the courtyard. Do NOT be late or you'll regret it," were her exact words.

Suho and Kris both decide to turn in early, even before the clock says 9. After some time, the rest of the boys trickle away from the fire and towards their bedrooms. Shifts seem to be taken in both bathrooms as only one boy at a time is in either bathroom. Things are a little awkward and tense that night. But hopefully things will even out soon as the dorms start to become their homes.

 


 

Hey everyone! Just a quick plug from me here. First off, I'm writing these two fics in tandem simply to try it out. Comments/questions/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. The love that both this story and it's sequel are receiving is amazing and I'd like to thank all my readers for that. But please, talk to me. :) I don't bite much and I'd absolutely love to hear from you all if you can spare a couple minutes to let me know how I'm doing. I'm trying my best to update often, but I'm a college freshman and do have other obligations. But please do check out An EXOtic Threat as well if you like this story. And don't be afraid to say something. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/criticisms here you guys.

- Megz