Play With Me?

Dreams Do Come True... Kinda

The rest of the day passes without too many incidents. Key's egg hatched shortly before lunch, revealing a bright-eyed baby Pichu that he quickly named Sparky. A few of his classmates had laughed but Taeyeon shut them all up impatiently. Lunch had been fairly bland, other than the exotic foods that'd been prepared to match the style and cuisine of each of the different regions. None of the boys had been given any form of homework, but each of them had been given more detailed schedules. None of the boys from the same dorms seemed to have many classes together, which was probably for the best. 

Shortly after a rather elegant dinner the older boys from the Super Junior dorm start to mingle with some of their new dongsaengs.

"So I hear you're a water Pokemon trainer," one rather eager young man says as he taps Suho's shoulder.

Suho turns slowly and looks up at his hyung. The boy has rather shaggy, jet-black hair that hangs in his eyes a little bit. His head seems slightly too large for his body and his hands are closer to the size of a small child's. Standing just behind him is a much shorter boy holding a green, monkey-ish Pokemon in his arms.

"Y-Yeah... This is my Staryu, Mul-jeonsa. And I'm-"

"Kim Joonmyun aka Suho. No worries, we know that much," the shorter boy says cutely.

Suho blinks in confusion until it clicks and his mouth makes a little "o" shape. Right, the entrance ceremony. His name had been announced for everyone already. He blushes lightly then clears his throat.

"S-Since you both know me, may I ask your names?"

The pair smile and nod.

"I'm Kim Ryeowook, but most just call me Wookie. And this is my Pansage. I'm a grass-type trainer," the shorter boy says with a grin.

"And I'm Kim Jongwoon. Just call me Yesung though. I'm a water-type trainer as well, but I started with a Squirtle. She's already evolved into a Wartortle though," the other says with a light smile.

"R-Really? A Wartortle? Can I see??" Suho asks eagerly, biting his lip softly.

"She's upstairs napping now. We had a couple of practice matches during class this morning and she's still exhausted. I'm sure you'll see her in our Water Master's sectional class though. I, for one, can't wait to see what your Staryu can do," Yesung says softly.

All around the large dining hall, other exchanges are going on between the new Pokemon trainers and their upperclassmen counter-parts. Most of the boys stand huddled together holding their eggs securely in their arms and gossiping.

"I wonder what the girls only school is like... There are probably more trainers just like us that're just getting their Pokemon," Chen speculates, earning himself a nod from Jonghyun.

"I hear they have a much lower enrollment rate... But these two Academies are far more popular than the Youthful Generation School for Gym Leaders," Jonghyun says earnestly.

"You mean YG?" Onew asks in confusion.

"That's right. I hear they've only got a couple dorms total. And only two professors that go by Psy and Se7en," Key adds.

"There's no need to mention YG here. They stand no chance of having the same amount of successful graduates as we do. They only have ten students enrolled now. Four returning girls, one new girl, and five returning boys. If anything those trainers will simply get lesser roles at smaller gyms. The only new trainer they got this year is called Lee Hi, I hear. We've already sparred with Big Bang and 2NE1, the two returning dorms. They were easy to beat last semester," Jaejoong says as he strolls over to the crowd with a high-and-mighty expression plastered on his face.

"Jaejoong, quit your bragging. You know YG doesn't have the money or support that we do. They're a new school that just started last year. Both of our campuses have been open for at least half a decade and our professors are previous students and are currently gym leaders or Elite Four members across the world. They give their training time to teach us," says another older boy.

"Whatever Yun. I know we shouldn't take that for granted, but we're just so much better than YG," Jaejoong pouts.

A few whispers pass between the new students. After a few moments, Tao steps forward.

"You're rather full of yourself, aren't you Jaejoong hyung? I suggest you cool it and give them more credit for trying. Maybe someday they will be more difficult for us to beat. For all we know, we could end up filling just the "lesser gym" roles while they overtake the Elite Four positions. There's really no way of knowing," he says rather calmly, holding his egg against his chest.

Yunho stares at Tao with wide eyes as Jaejoong simply smirks.

"You'd better not disrespect your hyung, kid. My Houndour can cover you in third-degree burns if you don't shut your stupid Chinese mouth," he practically spits.

"Jaejoong! That was uncalled for! Apologize, now," Yunho snaps.

"Why should I? The weakling can't do anything to me anyway,"

Tao shakes his head slightly, then wordlessly hands his egg to Yunho before procceeding to flip Jaejoong's slender, yet still slightly muscular body around until he's pinned to the nearest wall.

"Don't you ever call me stupid. And I'm NOT a weakling," Tao growls.

Jaejoong gasps and tries to fight against Tao, but fails with the awkward position he has against the wall. Kris steps forward and rests a hand on Tao's shoulder.

"You can let him go now, Zitao..." he says soothingly in Mandarin.

Tao simply shakes his head again and grips Jaejoong's wrists tighter, causing the older to whimper.

"Okay, stop. Now," Yunho says as he steps forward.

Before he can even take a second step, the egg in his hands begins to shake. A small, hair-line crack appears in the soft, spotted shell. Everyone's eyes go right to Tao who's already let go of Jaejoong and has snatched his egg back from Yunho. Jaejoong starts to lunge for Tao, but Kris steps between them and glares down at the shorter boy. Silence falls over the whole room as everyone stares at the egg in Tao's arms. Moments later a small reddish foot kicks through the top of the shell, shattering it to pieces. A baby Tyrogue blinks up at Tao and yawns.

"I-I.... I have  Pokemon..." he whispers to himself, staring at the little creature.

"That's a Tyrogue, a pretty tough Fighting-type Pokemon that can evolve three different ways," a rather skinny boy says as he steps forward.

"Who're you?" Tao asks curiously.

"Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae. I'm another Fighting-type trainer, so it looks like we'll have a few more classes together once they rearrange your schedule to fit your Pokemon's type," the boy responds.

"Oh.... It's nice to meet you. I'm Tao~"

"I'm not finished with you, punk," Jaejoong practically growls.

"Well I'm done with you. Get out of my face, hyung," Tao snaps back before he turns on his heels and heads back up to his dorm.

 


 

Later that night, just before lights out, Kai flops down on the couch in the EXO K dorm with a huge sigh. His mind had been rather... clouded all day long. Something kept pulling his mind away from the very things he was best at; annoying Sehun, bothering his new roommates, being the all-out iest boy on the planet, etc.

"Maybe I'm becoming schizophrenic or something..." he mumbles to himself, not noticing as the couch cushions sink slightly under the weight of another person.

"Is everything okay, Jongin-ah? You seem a bit out of it..." Kyungsoo says softly.

Kai looks up with a start and takes a moment to realize his new companion. Biting his lip softly he nods.

"Y-Yeah... I'm okay," he says quietly, instinctively leaning against the older boy.

"You don't seem to be.... Wanna talk about it?"

Kai hesitates a little and sighs.

"Maybe... It's just... I don't feel like myself today... Something's really distracting me..."

"I think I know what you mean... It's as if ever since this morning I've been in a bit of a fog..." Kyungsoo admits quietly.

Kai slowly looks up at him and hesitantly pecks the older boy's cheek. Kyungsoo's face quickly turns a deep shade of scarlet and he can't help but clear his throat.

"S-Sorry... Did that make you uncomfortable?" Kai asks, sounding rather unsure of himself.

"N-No... Not at all... It actually made me feel... Really special... No one's ever kissed me before," Kyungsoo admits, earning himself a rather y smirk from Kai.

"Never ever? You still haven't had your first kiss?"

Kyungsoo simply shakes his head and looks down at his lap.

"You poor baby..." Kai murmurs softly as he gently lifts Kyungsoo's chin and presses his lips against the blushing boy's lightly.

The smaller boy tenses up and lets out a little squeak.

"You're just too cute, hyung~" Kai says softly.

Kyungsoo shifts a bit uncomfortably and leans in closer to Kai.

"I-I always thought fireworks would go off when I hand my first kiss... But this was way cuter," he whispers softly, pressing his lips against Kai's neck lightly.

The younger shivers lightly and looks at Kyungsoo curiously.

"Kyungsoo.... Wanna go out sometime? Our first weekend is completely free and my family has no intention of coming to check up on me. Let me show you a good time, okay?" he asks softly.

"A-Are you asking me... to be your boyfriend?" Kyungsoo asks nervously.

"Not just yet... Let's just give this a try and see where it goes, alright?"

Kyungsoo nods and closes his eyes, letting his head roll back onto the couch cushion.

"I think you're what's been clouding my mind..." Kyungsoo whispers after a few moments.

"I think what you mean is "You've been screwing with my heart and I think you're really really hot, Kim Jongin," ... Doesn't that sound better?"

"It's more like... You're really really really really hot," Kyungsoo admits with a cute little smile.

"I think you're absolutely adorable, Do Kyungsoo," Kai says softly, hugging Kyungsoo tightly.

The two smile at each other for a few quiet moments before Chanyeol bursts into the dorm yelling something about a blue worm thing attacking Kris' head.