I'm Back

Love Isn't as Simple as Boy Meets Girl

 

 

 

~Korea Air flight 5J450 has landed~

 

As soon as those words from the speakers echoed the airport, Yuri canot hold the excitement that she is feeling anymore. Finally! After 3 years, her bestfriend comes back. Oh! How she missed her bubbly, talkative and stubborn bestfriend.
 
She walked, well.. sprinted to the "Arrival" section of the airport and waited for her bestfriend. After a few minutes of waiting, she finally saw her. She ran to her almost stumbling them over, but nevertheless, the joy of seeing her friend overcomed her.
 
"Yah! Kim HyoYeon! After 3 long years, you are finally here!" Yuri exclaimed while hugging Hyoyeon.
 
"I know Yuri-ah. I'm finally back." Hyoyeon said while embracing her bestfriend. Yes, she's back. But is it really the right decision?
 
"I'm so happy you're here. So, how was New York?" Yuri asked her. They're now going out of the airport and making their way to Yuri's car. "Have you found any cute guys?" she continued while eyeing Hyoyeon.
 
"Well, New York was good. And no, I haven't found guys there, I'm busy with work there you now."  Hyoyeon laughed. Yuri hasn't changed at all.  She truly missed her bestfriend. For sure there's a lot of catching up to do.
 
"Aigoo.. don't tell me you're still not over him?!" Yuri teased. Making Hyoyeon a liitle bit uncomfortable.
 
"Anio! What are you talking about? It's been 3 years Yuri-ah." Hyoyeon protested. But she's not quite sure if she's actually over him.
 
"Rumor has it that he's dating a new girl, a socialite specifically." Yuri continued, not minding Hyoyeon's awkwardness.
 
Hyoyeon was taken aback for a minute, but she quickly regained her composure and manage to say something.
 
"I don't care. Aish! why are we talking about that stupid guy anyways? Come on, I've really missed you. And I'm sure I missed out a lot of stuffs. 3 years is a really long time you know." Hyoyeon changed the subject quickly. She doesn't want to hear about that guy.
 
The fact is, Hyoyeon can't stand hearing his name. She can't bear to remember all those awful things that happened a long time ago. And she has already decided to forget about him completely.
 
Yuri threw her an apologetic look and they both turn to the sceneries that they are currently driving their way through. Yuri finally brakes the silence.
 
"So, what have you been doing there in the New York Hyoyeon-ah?"
 
"Well, I'm actually an executive manager of a large manufacturing business there. And I have to say, I'm happy with what I'm doing." Hyoyeon answered. She gave Yuri an reassuring smile.
"Wow! You're big time now huh?" Yuri exclaimed.
 
"You can pretty much say that. But look at you! One of Korea's top rising models!" Hyoyeon exclaimed at her bestfriend. "I have seen some of the magazines that you're featured."
 
"I know, I know, I'm gorgeous alright." Yuri flipped her hair and posed like a model.
 
Hyoyeon just smiled at her bestriend. Truly, they both are successful now. After a few minutes, they arrived at Yuri's apartment. It's one of those high end ones. Beautiful in it's own way.
 
"Your apartment is so beautiful Yuri-ah." Hyoyeon said while walking around. A few portraits of Yuri can be seen hanging from the walls. The apartment has a victorian feel to it. Homey and elegant at the same time.
 
"Well thanks Hyoraeng.... anyways, just be feel at home ok? I'm all alone here you know." Yuri told her.
 
"Thanks for letting me stay here, it'll just be for a couple of months, until I find my own place."  she answered.
 
Yuri led her to the living room while carrying a tray with 2 glasses of lemon juice and they both sat on one of the victorian styled sofa.
 
"So, what brings you back here to Seoul? I mean, I'm happy to see you of course, but you have a great job there in NY, why go back here?" asked Yuri.
 
"Well, the branch of the company that I'm working for is in need of my position. And since my boss knows that I'm korean, he sent me here." Hyoyeon explained. Actually, she told all sorts of excuses to her boss in order to not send her back in Korea, but she failed. Her boss still end up sending her.
 
"Oh, I see. So, what's the name of the company you're gonna be working at while here?" Yuri continued to ask while sipping her juice.
 
"Hmm.. If I am not mistaken, my boss said it's L.H.J Corporation or something. Do you know about that?"
 
Yuri almost choked after hearing what Hyoyeon said. L.H.J Corporation?? Wait, isn't that....
 
"Yuri-ah, you okay?" Hyoyeon asked her. She tried her best not to look suspicious or anything and ignored whatever is in her mind.
 
"Yeah, I'm sure.. no worries Hyo."  Yuri reassured her, and hopes that she's convincing enough. "Come on, I'll show you to your room."
 
 
That night, Hyoyeon couldn't sleep. She keeps on thinking what's gonna happen tomorrow, knowing that she's going to that company her boss told her.  She doesn't know why, but she seems so uneasy, nervous even. She tried all her might to close her eyes so she can finally sleep. After a while, her eyes surrendered and she fell into a deep slumber.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 a/n: Phew! 1st update! So... how is it so far? Don't forget to comment, let me know what you think ok? And Subscribe! :D