Knight In Shining Armor

New Independence

CHAPTER 3: Knight in Shining Armor



{Dara}



Last night, I studied my heart out.
I think I fell asleep while studying on my desk.

I was woken up by the sound of a motorbike, I think it was Jiyong.

When I opened my eyes, it was already late. "I'M GOING TO BE LATE!"

So I hurriedly got ready for school. And as for my school things, I just threw my books into my bag.

I ran to the bus station and got on the first bus.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



When I got to school, I was just in time. The school bell rang.
I made it I said to myself.

I ran to our classroom and got to my seat.

I was surprised that Jiyong wasn't there yet.


It was when Mr. Jang was in the middle of his morning announcements when Jiyong entered the class. It was strange, he left before I did, why did he arrive just now?

I looked at him and as usual, he just stared out the window.


Todays first class was National History.
"Class, you will be having a surprise quiz for today. I want to see if you really listened to me yesterday."


When our teacher was handing out the papers, I decided to look inside my bag and get my pencil case.

But it wasn't there. I started to panic. OMO OMO OMO!!

I have to borrow a pen from someone but not from Jiyong, I can't ask for his help, I might die.

So I decided to borrow from Bom who was sitting in front of me.

"BOM!" I called her silently, trying not to be noticed by our teacher.

"BOM!" I tried calling her again and again.

But she couldn't hear me. So I just leaned back on my chair and stared at my answerless paper. And then, a pen came rolling onto my paper. 



I looked up and Jiyong was already done with his test. He was now looking out the window, as always.

"Just answer it already." He coldly said.

"Thank you." I answered quietly and started answering my test. 



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Luckily, I was able to finish my test.

After submitting the test and the teacher left, I stared onto what I was holding, HIS pen.

I realized, I have to return it.

"Uhm, Jiyong?" I said as I tapped his shoulder.


He didn't look at me but he stopped staring out the window. He was now staring at the board.


"Uhm, thank you for letting me use your pen. Here it is. I could borrow from Bom now."


"Keep it. It's yours.†He coldly said, but somehow his words made me feel warm inside.

"Uhm, thanks then." I said as if I was talking to myself. 




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



LUNCH TIME came and I decided to join Bom, Chaerin and Minji for luch at the Cafeteria. 



When we were eating our lunch, "So, I heard the two of you talking earlier." Bom said with a sly look on her face.

"Who?" Chaerin asked.

"Dara and Jiyong." Bom said.

"WHAT?!?" Minji and Chaerin screamed out loud.

"It's not what you think. I was just returning the pen he lent me." I explained myself.

"He lent you his pen?" Minji asked.

"Yeah. I was supposed to borrow from Bom here, but for some reason, she couldn't hear me calling her." 



I took a long time before Bom replied.



"You were calling me?!" Bom said acting all surprised.

The three of us started laughing at Bom and her epic facial expression. But then, I felt something cold splash on my head.




"Oh no! I’m so sorry!" A girl holding her tray said, picking up the soda can on the floor.

Minji and Bom helped me dry of the soda all over my hair and arms.

Chaerin on the other hand said, "Sohee Ahn."

I looked over to what she was looking at.

The girl, who "accidentally" spilled her soda on me, was now laughing with Sohee in their table.

Being too naive, I said maybe it's just coincidence

I excused myself from the table and headed to the restroom to wash myself.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When I got to the rest room, three girls entered the rest room as well.
They were none other than Sohee and her two minions.

"So, Dara. I already warned you, didn't I?" Sohee approached me.


t worry Sohee, I wasn't doing anything wrong." I explained.


"That's where you're wrong. I heard you borrowed a pen from Jiyong. Am I right?"


"You're right but that's because I left my pencil case at home, promise!" I tried convincing her.


"You're lying! You were putting an oh-I-forgot-my-pen-can-I-borrow-yours act. Weren't you?!" She said as she gripped on my collar.


"I wasn't! I promise you that!" I told her.

Sohee then snapped her fingers. The two girls behind her approached me and held my hands, holding me in place.

Then, Sohee took out a water bottle and poured it all over me, causing my hair and clothes to be drenched.


"It's about time, we taught you a lesson." Sohee said.


They dragged me up to the rooftop, holding my mouth so I could not scream.

The two girls threw me onto the ground and locked the door from inside.


I'm all alone up here, how will anyone hear me?

I got up and started banging on the door.

I tried calling out for help. "Help me! I'm trapped!" I screamed out loud over and over again.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After 10 minutes of continuous banging on the door, I finally admitted to defeat.



I sat down in front of the door crying with my hair and clothes all wet.

And then, something blocked the rays of sun and was now standing in front of me.

I looked up and.....

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being on my hiatus.
Well, I'm back and I'll try to update as often as I can! :)
Thank you for having the time to read my story.