Chapter 22: Announcement

(ON HOLD) PLAYFUL LOVE : Teach, Touch , and Torn Me Not!

 

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen may I ask your attention please.” Mr. Kwon stands in front of the fabulous stage holding the microphone. “This night is really special because we actually have three things to celebrate this evening. First, of course it’s my son’s 18th Birthday.” He glanced at Jiyong who was standing in front of him down the stage. “Second, my lovely wife just came back.” Mr. Kwon’s face suddenly change innocently and sadly while looking at his wife sitting in a wheelchair in front beside Jiyong. The wife has no reaction at all her eyes are only focusing in one direction without even blinking.

 

“She’s been in a lot of hard times this past four years fighting for her weak body. And as her husband, I can’t stand myself watching her suffer and look like a living dead. I did everything to save her from this situation but I think this is how it is. Her whole body was paralyzed due to the accident happened four years ago. I also lost my eldest son that time and I can’t let to lose my wife too….. so no matter what…. I’ll do anything for her. Even though only machines can make her alive. I will do it just to make her life longer.” He said very sincerely.

 

The guests felt pity for Mr. Kwon and his family. The atmosphere turned into a gloomy one as they all shared sadness knowing the situation of Mrs. Kwon and how Mr. Kwon also suffering as her husband.

 

But behind all this very touching story of Mr Kwon which is now known as a “loving perfect” husband, there’s one person who knows everything. Who knows all of these are just lies. Kwon Jiyong balled his fist while listening to his father’s false statements. The fact that he can’t do anything but to listen and comply with all these lies is making him feel so terrible and miserable.

 

Mr. Kwon sighed. “But beside this hard and sad situation we had right now I’m trying my best to make my family still called a family. I brought back my wife in here beside us……for us to be complete until our last breath. My wife is such an adorable, good, kind, loving wife, she’s just like other mothers who want to see their children grow perfectly with a good and happy life. I remember that we always talk before about our sons and daughter’s future, she even has those dreams and visions of having grandchildren and all. So tonight I want all of you to know that one of my wife’s dream is now about to happen…..and that’s because of my son Kwon Jiyong.” He smiled at Jiyong and raised his glass of wine. “Everyone!……….my son will be having his engagement party after his graduation and you are all invited” He proudly announced.

 

The murmurs started around the place. “Yes you heard it right. I know it seems fast and so sudden but what can I do youths today are not the same as before” He then glanced to the girl beside Jiyong and smiled at her. The girl also smiled back.

 

“Everyone let me introduce to you the girl that my son’s going to marry.” Everyone followed their eyes to the girl beside Jiyong. Jiyong hold the girl’s hand to guide her towards the stage. “This beautiful lady named Lee Chaerin, my son’s fiancé.” The murmurs continued as Jiyong and Chaerin walked on the stage. “They are so perfect together. Right? For those who don’t know who Lee Chaerin is. She’s the only daughter of our country’s Prime Minister. So she’s not just an ordinary girl you know. My son is so smart to find a girl like her.”

 

Everyone clap their hands after Mr. Kwon announced the dates and other details of the upcoming engagement party.

 

Meanwhile…………….. Dara’s world is like going to crumble at any moment. She can’t believe what she just heard. Everything seems surreal. She can’t move her body and even her fingers. After hearing the announcement about Jiyong’s coming soon engagement party her ears goes numb as it can’t hear anything anymore. The party continues but Dara was still in his own world unmoving. Bom almost wants to cry because her bestfriend looks like fainted when her eyes open. She’s so sure she’s not blinking anymore. Bom panicked and look for Jiyong to ask help. She left Dara in the corner of the venue where they stay.

 

While roaming around, she found Jiyong but many kinda like royal people surrounding him that she can’t even make her way towards him. What makes Bom stop her trance was seeing Jiyong with a smile on his face with the girl clinging in his arms. Bom badly wants to bomb the two with his boomerang but someone diverted her attention.

 

“Bom you’re still here?” Donghae surprisingly asked.

 

“Yah! Donghae! Help me!” Bom promptly shouted.

 

“What happened Bom??!” Donghae started to panic because Bom’s reaction is very freakish.

 

 “Donghae.” Bom said in gritted teeth. “Please Help me.”

 

His eyes grew wide. “W-what happened Bom?! Tell me!” He held Bom’s shoulders with his both hands to make her face him.

 

“Kill that bastard!” She pointed at somewhere and Donghae turned his head to where Bom was pointing. And he saw Jiyong at the center of the crowd.

 

“I want to kill that bastard Donghae! How dare him! Look!” Bom still pointing at Jiyong’s area. “That bastard can still smile. Does he don’t have conscience? Does he even know what Dara feels seeing him like this? …..with a girl?! I want to kill him really!!!” Bom bursted in anger.

 

“Is Dara still here?” Donghae worriedly asked and completely ignored Bom’s burst.

 

A moment of silence. It takes a few seconds before Bom came back to her senses.

 

“Omona! Speaking of Dara!” Bom started to panic again remembering her bestfriend state.

 

“Where is she?”

 

“I left her there” Bom half-run towards where she just left Dara a while ago.

 

Donghae quickly followed her.

 

When they reached the place they found it empty already. Bom panicked even more because she knows Dara is not in her right mind now. Knowing your boyfriend will marry a different girl can surely break every girl’s heart. This is the first time Bom saw her best friend acted so down a while ago so she’s really worried.

 

“Oh my gosh where is she?”

 

“Did you bring your phone?” Donghae quickly asked as he looked at Bom’s eyes very concerned.

 

“No even Dara didn’t bring her phone too because we’re kidnapped”

 

Donghae hissed. “We need to find her.”

 

“Of course! After hearing what she heard a while ago. I have this feeling she might do something not right.”

 

Donghae shut his eyes firmly and open after. “Did she hear everything?”

 

“Yeah. We actually on our way leaving this place after we talked to you but unfortunately we met Jiyong’s father.”

 

“You met him?”

 

She nodded. “He actually talked to us. That’s why we are still here.”

 

Donghae sighed. “Where do you think Dara will go in this kind of situation?”

 

Bom think first and shook her head. “Well Dara is a kind of girl that will go back home every end of the day. The only other place beside their house she usually comes in is our house. I’m sure of that……..but the problem is I never saw her in this kind of state so I don’t really know where she’ll go in things like this”

 

Donghae nodded his head. “Okay I’ll check her at their house after sending you home.”

 

“No. I think Dara needs someone to talk as soon as possible. We don’t know what things she’ll do.” Bom stated. “I can go home by myself and check if she’s there while you should check their house so that we won’t waste time. And please make sure her safety for me Donghae in case you find her first. Call me asap.”

 

“Okay, that’s better. Don’t worry I’ll call you if I find her as soon as possible”

 

Donghae and Bom immediately leave the place to find Dara. Bom went home straightly while Donghae check Dara at her house. He saw that the lights of the house were still on. He went and stood in front of the door and deeply inhaled first before knocking. He knocked twice and waited. He heard some talking voice inside and footsteps. And then the door suddenly opened.

 

Dara’s mom greeted him.

 

Her face look at him wondering.

 

“Annyeong Haseyo Mrs. Park.” Donghae bowed down. “I’m Lee Donghae Dara’s friend. I’m actually looking for her…... Uhm May I know if she’s already home?” He asked politely but worriedly.

 

“Yes she’s here….”

 

Donghae took out a deep breath right after hearing that Dara is safe.

 

“….but I’m sorry to say that she’s already sleeping.” Mrs. Park continued her sentence with a smile on her face.

 

“Oh” Donghae smiled in relief.

 

“What brought you here this late night for my daughter? What do you need and you’re looking for her? Do you even know what time is it now?” a manly voice suddenly interfered with tons of questions. Donghae quickly bowed down as he saw a man with good and masculine body now standing beside Dara’s mom. The thought that it might be Dara’s father quickly entered his mind. Maybe because of his work as a fisherman really helps to build his body like this. Donghae thought.

 

“Mr. Park. I’m Lee Donghae. Dara’s friend.” He introduced himself again. “Well I’m just here to check on her Mr. Park.”

 

“To check on her? And why?” For Donghae the questions of Dara’s father were very obvious. Mr. Park thinks that he is the guy that him and his wife speculating as their daughter’s hidden boyfriend. Of course they already have this idea since they saw their daughter differently happy these past few weeks.

 

“Well, Sir—“

 

“If you will ever hurt my daughter you will never ever see what will be your future is.” He warned. Donghae was taken back.

 

“Hon stop that. What are you saying?” Mrs. Park held Mr. Park’s right arm. “I’m sorry Donghae. Don’t mind him.” Mrs. Park sweetly said.

 

“This guy might be the reason why our daughter is acting like that now.” Mr. Park said almost whispering but enough for Donghae to hear. So some thoughts that Dara might not be okay entered his mind after hearing what Mr Kwon said. “Is Dara okay?”

 

“No she’s not.” Mr. Park answered seriously. “Is that your fault?”

 

“Ah…N-No Sir. There’s something just happened recently so I think I need to talk to her.”

 

“No. You’re not allowed to talk to her.” Mr. Park said with an angry tone. Mrs. Park elbowed him and eyed him saying to stop acting rude.

 

“I’m sorry but she’s sleeping already maybe you can talk to her tomorrow?” Mrs. Park replied to cut his husband’s bad mood.

 

Donghae politely nodded. “Yes Mrs. Park. I understand.”

 

“I’m warning you boy. If you do something bad to my daughter—“ Mrs. Park suddenly covered Mr. Kwon’s mouth stopping him to say more things to Donghae.

 

Mrs. Park smiled at Donghae and bowed down slightly. “Take care on your way child.”

 

“Thank you.” Donghae smiled politely and before he leaves he said something to Dara’s parents. “By the way Mr. and Mrs. Park just to clear everything’s out. I’m not Dara’s boyfriend.”

 

Mr. Park’s whole face turned in all red.

 

 

 

 

 

___________

 

 

"You don’t want to talk about it?" Jiyong can’t take it anymore so he asked bravely first.

 

Dara was surprise on his sudden question she's not so prepared at this moment. They are now inside Jiyong's car. He stops in front of the restaurant where they always eat.

 

"Ahh--well" she struggled from her words.

 

"Dara, you heard everything right? Donghae called me last night and told me that you already know. I tried to call you but your phone is off and Donghae advised that it’s better not to come."

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

A moment of silence.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said its okay. I know that’s not what you wanted but …….your father. You're in the situation that you can’t do anything.” Dara said in a low and weak voice.

 

Silence envelopes the two again. They are now inside his car and the atmosphere was completely different. They are both having a hard time to look at each other's eyes. Both knew that they are in the situation that any couple doesn’t want to experience. It’s like there is fire that slowly covering their hearts that they both enduring right now.

 

“My father talked to me last night." Jiyong broke the silence first. "He said that I’m going to marry her.” Jiyong suddenly uttered focusing his eyes in front while Dara is listening beside him. “I can’t do anything but to say yes cause mom’s life is in his hands.”

 

“Your mom’s life?”

 

“Hmm” He nodded.

 

Dara deeply sighed. “I didn’t know he can do beyond that. He is your father....his family.”

 

“That’s him. He brought back mom to use her to threat me.”

 

“But I thought it’s a good thing that your mom is already here. You can save her already. Right? Like what you said before that it's an advantage to bring back your mother here in Seoul. So that the authorities will know what her real situation under you father’s care.”

 

“That’s what I thought at first too but everything suddenly changed. That man can manipulate everything around him. He can even turn the worst situation to good, the right to wrong, truth to lies. You see what he did, right? He let people see mom with that state without worrying. He just made people see him as a good husband that will never ever leave his weak and sick wife no matter what. Now all people are in his side looking up to him as a perfect and loving husband. So if ever we will turn our situation to police or even lawyers, No one will believe me and my sister”

 

He bowed his head and look at his open hands thinking deeply for a minute.

 

“Do you know what I feel right now. Dara?” She turned her head at him to see his face. “I feel so crap, worthless; dump……because I can’t even do anything to stand on my own. I can’t even do anything to fight that evil old man. I can’t even do anything to save my sick mother and I can’t even do anything to fight for the girl I love…I’m so useless. I just let these things happen to me without even doing an effort to fight back” He then raked his hair with his fingers. Jiyong was pissed at himself thinking all these things.

 

“Jiyong” Dara tapped his right shoulder with her left hand. “Don’t feel like that. It’s okay to feel unhappy or sad but don’t ever feel that you’re worthless or useless. You’re here because there are people considering you important in their lives and I’m one of them”

 

Jiyong smiled a little and glanced at her. She glanced back.

 

"Arasso. Thank you Dara. I’m happy that you're here."

 

Dara smiled and hold his right hand.

 

"Welcome"

 

And because Dara is not that good in handling this kind of dramatic scenes  longer so “welcome” is the only word she replied. Darn!! She wanted to rip right now for saying such word instead of sweet or comforting words. So in order to escape from humiliation she thinks something to say again.

 

"Hmmm by the way ……Donghae came to our house last night and my parents thought that he's my boyfriend."

 

Jiyong eyed her. Dara bit her lower lip. Urgh. Thats not the best thing to say! Dara is having a time right now that she can't even think straightly.

 

"What?! They thought that he's your boyfriend? And not me?" He said childishly.

 

"Well....Uhm....well....D-dont worry Donghae denied it."

 

"Do your parents believe him?"

 

"Hmmm well I already told them that he's not my boyfriend this morning."

 

-Paused-

 

"So your parents still don’t know about us?"

 

Dara nodded.

 

"Do you still have plans to say it?"

 

"Of course! But I think not now that we have this kind of situation."

 

"Do you think your parents will like me?”

 

Dara pouted.

 

“Yah! Answer me!” Jiyong exclaimed. “Don’t tell me they like Donghae?"

 

"Yes. I think they like him."

 

Jiyong gaped. "Really?!"

 

Dara chuckled.

 

"Are you jealous?"

 

"No."

 

Dara chuckled once again. “My parents will like you. Don’t worry……”

 

Jiyong’s face brightened.

 

“………..Just don’t hurt me.” She continued.

 

A long silence enveloped them again. Dara is encouraging herself to be strong. She’s dying to ask him about something that's been bothering her since last night.

 

“Jiyong?...”

 

“Hmm”

 

"What about CL?" She finally asked.

 

Jiyong stiffened for a second but recovered immediately because he's been expecting Dara to ask about her before the end of this day.

 

"I actually don’t get her." Jiyong answered awkwardly.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I don’t know if she's just acting that she likes me or not. I don’t why she suddenly doing this"

 

"She likes you?"

 

"I don’t know. I don’t have a serious talk with her since we met yesterday."

 

“You like her?”

 

“Stupid question”

 

Dara pouted and tried to shut . The atmosphere is really uncomfortable for both of them. No one has the strength to show how hard for them the situation is. No one has the courage to show how hurt they are inside. Both are fighting back what they truly feel. Both wanted to show to each other that they’re fine but the truth is they’re not.

 

"What do you think Seungri's reaction if he finds out that his ex-girlfriend is now your fiance?" Dara asked to break the deafening silence.

 

-Paused-

 

Jiyong's chuckled at the thought about his maknae soon to be reaction.

 

"I think…………………………………He will freak out." He uttered. ".....for sure"

 

_________

 

 

 

O.O

 

 

 

*O*

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

Seungri: "What?!!!!!!!"

 

Daesung: "Are you serious?!"

 

Taeyang: "You're going to engage?!"

 

Seungri: "And with my EX?!!!!!!"

 

Bigbang's mouths are all hanged open. They just came back from their happy and memorable Europe trip and big news welcomed them from going back to Seoul.

 

Bom: "Yep! You all heard it right"

 

GD: "I will be engage"

 

Seungri: "and with my ex?!!!!"

 

Top: "I can’t believe. Wow! This is so fast. I thought your father is going to do this after you finish your college but it happens now."

 

Taeyang: "Well we can’t predict the future."

 

Daesung: "So what are you going to do now?"

 

Dae glance at Dara but quickly return his eyes to Jiyong.

 

GD: "I can’t really think anything for now."

 

Top: "but how about Dara?"

 

Everyone went silent. The atmosphere automatically changes when Top threw that darn question. Bom wide her eyes to Top but he just shrugged it.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

GD: "I'll handle everything and fix it. I promise."

 

 

___________

 

 

RING

 

 

RING

 

 

RING

 

 

RING

 

 

Dara picked up her phone. She was walking at the street going to the bus stop bound to her school.

 

“Yeoboseyo” She answered.

 

“Hey.” Jiyong coolly greeted.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re so early.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I went to your house and you’re not there already.”

 

“You went?!!!”

 

“What’s with that the tone huh?” Jiyong clicked his tongue. “Don’t worry your parents didn’t saw me. I check you using your room’s window.”

 

“Waah. You’re really a creepy boyfriend.”

 

She heard him chuckled on the line. “So where are you now?” She asked.

 

“Behind you.”

 

“Eh?” She turned around and found him walking towards her.

 

Dara giggled. “You’re walking?”

 

“Yeah.” When he reached Dara’s place he turned off his phone same as Dara did.

 

“Are you sick?” She placed her palm on his forehead.

 

“What do you mean I’m sick?” He slightly patted her arm to remove her palm in him.

 

She smiled. “Where’s your car?”

 

“I left it in there.”

 

“Ahhh I thought you’re going to walk from here to school.”

 

“I have car. I don’t need to do that.”

 

“Tsk”

 

“I’m not crazy like you.”

 

Dara wrinkled her forehead. “Why?”?

 

“Do you have a rich, cool and handsome boyfriend but you are here…… walking alone in the street instead of asking me to fetch you.”

 

Dara just smiled. “Conceited”

 

Jiyong shook his head. “Come. It’s time to do some boyfriend duties now.” He pulled Dara’s hand and went to his car.

 

 

 

__________

 

Jiyong holding Dara’s hand while walking in the school hallway. Dara find it uncomfortable so she keep struggling her hand from his hold because some students are staring at them.

 

“Yah! Can you stop moving?”

 

“Ji this is not….I mean it’s”

 

“Shameful?”

 

“No! Of course not!.”

 

“Then stop struggling.”

 

“But it’s so uncomfortable.”

 

“Geez” He pinched her nose. “You’re so cute.”

 

“Awwwww” She pouted. Dara find it uncomfortable because her boyfriend is so hot that all the eyes in a place are pasted on them. She herself can’t contain all the feels whenever Jiyong is beside her. Just imagine a blonde, pretty boy, cool guy beside you, Holding your hands, doing sweet little things with you, teasing you AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That is so much right? It can make you die.

 

“Kwon Jiyong” A not so familiar voice suddenly appears taking Dara away from her dreamland.

 

“Hi” She greeted. Dara was stiffened when she saw who’s in front of them right now. The girl walked towards them until she reached the right distance. They are now facing each other.

 

“Sandara Park?” She asked with a smile. “I’m Lee Chaerin. But you can call me CL. Kwon Jiyong’s fiancé.” She unhesitatingly said and offered her hand for a shake hands. Dara was about to unwrap from Jiyong’s hand to shook hand with CL but Jiyong hold Dara’s hand tightly.

 

CL saw it so she stared at Jiyong. “G-Dragon. Don’t forget that it should be my hand that you’re holding right now not hers.”

 

Jiyong smirked. “We’re not yet engage for your information. So don’t act we are.”

 

CL raised her eyebrow. “So you don’t really have plans to do your promise at all?”

 

“First in foremost I never stated a promise with you or even to my father.”

 

“and what do you mean?”

 

“If you don’t want to be hurt don’t asked again.” Jiyong pulled Dara and drag her after saying that to CL.

 

“Yah G-Dragon!”

 

Jiyong stop from walking and so Dara.

 

“If you’re thinking that you can still get out from this mess……well you’re wrong.”

 

Jiyong formed his right hand into fist.

 

“Out of all the people here you’re the one who knows most that you can’t. Acting cool in front of many people won’t make things change. I know you know that.”

 

CL started to walk until she passed where Jiyong and Dara were standing. CL turned around to them again and said “If you keep acting like this. Goodluck then” She mockingly smiled. “Cause it’s not a big lost to me……..but yours” and left.

 

 

AFTER SCHOOL

 

So basically Bom got enlightened about why Donghae is in GD's party. And that's because Donghae is the big brother of CL the fiance og her bestfriends boyfriend. T.T

Bom was really worried to her bestfriend after GD’s birthday party. She’s really thankful that she’s seeing Dara fine. But what makes Bom’s scare her so much is Dara was acting like there’s nothing happened. Yes it might be good for now that she don’t have to comfort a heartbroken bestfriend. But thinking that crying and sobbing is the most appropriate thing for Dara to do right now really bother her.

 

“What’s wrong Bom?” Dara asked her spacing bestfriend.

 

“Hmmmm? Ahh Nothing. Well how about you? Are you fine?” Bom asked back. Dara wrinkled her forehead.

 

“Of course I am. Why?”

 

“Nothing. Well you know…..graduation is nearing.” Bom tried to look what will be Dara’s reaction if she will mention about the graduation.

 

“Yeah. And I’m so excited and nervous Bom. I haven’t finished my speech yet.”

 

This made Bom goose bumps. She was expecting a sad face will show but its excitement and nervousness instead. Is her bestfriend is that numb already? They all know that if the graduation is coming it also means her boyfriend’s engagement in coming too. And this made Bom’s head ache.

 

“Hey! Bom are you really okay?” Dara asked worriedly.

 

“Dara I don’t know. I’m worrying about you.”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“Are you nuts?”

 

“Yah Bom!”

 

“Dara your boyfriend’s engagement is coming too. Are you not even sad, angry or anything?!!” Bom bursted.

 

Dara stared at Bom for a minute and then a small smile popped on her face. Bom’s eyes widen and hanged open.

 

“What are you?” Bom unbelievable asked.

 

“Bom.” She chuckled. “I know you’re worrying about me but you don’t have too. I’m okay.”

 

“The fact that you’re okay now is what worries me Dara!” She exclaimed.

 

“Well I’m really okay.”

 

“No. I know you’re not!”

 

Dara deeply sighed. “Let’s stop this kind of conversation okay? Jiyong and I have a date today. You know it’s the first time he asked me for a date so I’m really happy right now.”

 

Bom shut her eyes and let out a deep breath. “Arasso. Arasso…………….But Dara I want you to remember that there’s nothing wrong when you cry all it out loud. You and Jiyong might look okay right now but your future is what I’m afraid of. I know you have this idea of what I’m talking about, right Dara? Don’t keep all the pain inside you. Worst things might happen if those feelings inside you explode without your control. You should learn how to let the pain go little by little don’t keep it inside you. Do you understand? Show it! At least to me!”

 

Dara nodded slowly. “Yes Bom. I understand”

 

“I hope you do really understand”

 

Dara gave her a little smile. “Thank You Bom”

 

“That smile is creepy you know.” Bom .

 

Dara chuckled. “I know”

 

____________

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

After Bom and I talked I met Jiyong at the parking lot. For the first time in my life he invited me for a date tonight. I was really excited on our first date that the thought even made me shiver.

 

He brought me to Hotel.

 

Gaaaaaaahd what?!!

 

Hotel?!!

 

It should be a date? Right?

 

B-But why in Hotel?!! OMG

 

“Ji…..why are we here?” I bravely asked.

 

He just smiled and dragged me inside the Hotel.

 

 

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…………………….................................................... to be continued lol