First Night in the Dorms

Language Barrier

"Emmi-ah, have you ever thought about being an idol or a singer?" Baekho began as we started on our walk home. Everyone nodded in curiosity and looked at me for the answer.

I pondered this for a second, "Ani," I paused and rethought and answered truthfully, "Well, Of course I have..."

"Then why don't you..." Ren started before I interrupted.

"Because Idol agencies... Well, they have a certain type they like," I said gently. I did my best to smile as I explained it, but my sadness could be seen, "And well, I don't fit that type."

Everyone looked at me with apoligetic eyes.

Noticing this, I grabbed Ren and Baekho's hand and skipped. They were kind of being dragged at first, especially Baekho, but they caught on soon and we were laughing the rest of the way.

I didn't want pity, I don't need that. I just want to be wanted, and if that means I can't be a singer, then so be it.

I wasn't going to let my regrets hold back my future.

 

ARON's POV

Emmi turned to us with sad eyes, " Because Idol agencies.. Well, they have a certain type they like," she paused for a second, "And well, I don't fit that type..."

My heart ached for her. But she was right. The agencies always pick similar looking girls, and Emmi, well, she doesn't look similar.

She hid her face quickly but swinging her head away from us. Could she be crying? I was about to go comfort her when she suddenly grabbed Ren and Baekho's hand and merrily skipped with them.

That was impressive, I must say. She seems very good at hiding her emotions.

I turned to Minhyun and JR, "She's right you know." 

"Mm, I know." He replied rather sadly. JR just nodded.

 

EMMI's POV

Ren, Baekho, and I stopped skipping and instead held hands and swung them to and fro. We had slowed down to where the rest of NU'EST was walking in a row behind us.

Just then Aron called up to us, "Hey guys, I need to pick up some groceries for dinner tonight. So let's stop at the convenience store.

I let go of the boys hands and whipped around to face Aron, "Oppa, you can cook?" A huge smile grew on my face.

"Yeah" he replied with a smile. He then proceeded to turn me forward and push me to the direction of the store, "And since you are probably jet-lagged and don't want to cook, we were planning on inviting you over for dinner."

A stupid smile was plastered on my face as we went through the store, buying what we needed. Actually, I was so excited daydreaming about eating, that I stumbled over a bike parked on the side of the road and proceeded to fall on my rump. I quickly sprung up. And even though everyone was freaking out, I just brushed it off as my clummsy self.

---------------------

We took the elevator up to our floor and got off. There was a sitting room right as you got off, the hall way is like a giant 'U'. My dorm was to the right while the boys' was to the left, I found out.

"Go get changed in to some comfortable clothes and then come over when you're done," Aron instructed. I guess I hadn't notice that I was still wearing the skirt, or even just how uncomfortable it was.

I nodded and skipped to my room. I used my key and swung the door open and closed it behind me. 

I then rushed off to my bathroom and washed my annoying makeup off and applied a light coat of BB cream. I proceeded to my room and changed in to a pair of floral shorts and t-shirt with a cardigan layered over it.

 

2b9ec64b4a_84947887_o2.jpg

After I finished with putting my hair in a pony tail, I rushed over to the boys' room.

-------------------------------------------

When I got over there, I noticed their door was cracked open. So, of course, I allowed my curiousity to take over and I peeked in the crack for a moment.

"Yah, Ren! Just because you move it around doesn't mean you're actually cleaning, you're just putting the mess in another place!" I could here Minhyun yell at Ren.

Ren was carying a pile of papers and books, "Oh, okay," with that he walked out of my sight. He must of done it again though because I heard JR telling him the same thing.

I giggled before knocking on the door, they must be flustered having a girl see their messy dorm. I wouldn't of minded though. I mean the only reason my room is clean is because I've not even been there for a day. Just wait a week, it will look like a tornado blew through.

I heard footsteps racing to the door and then a thud. The door opened and I saw Baekho, but what suprised me most was Ren spralled out on the floor.

Baekho must of noticed my gaze and confusion,  "He was trying to race me," he said as he shook his head, "but he never learns."

Ren glared at Baekho and kicked him in the back of his knees, forcing him to kneel. Ren took advantage of this and pushed him down the rest of the way and hopped up. He the proceeded to pretend kick him, JR and Minhyun soon joined in.

I laughed and shook my head, "Boys."

I stepped over the little event happening in the living room and found my way in to the kitchen where Aron was.

He turned to me and showed me a fantastic smile, "I had a feeling you were here."

I returned the smile before sarcasically adding, "What? You mean the little show in the living room was a dead giveaway? Darn, I was trying to suprise you!"

Aron usually talks to me in english. And I quite like it, it makes me feel some normallcy about my move here. I don't think Aron actually knows how much I appericiate it.

I helped Aron cut some vegetables, but mainly he did all the work. 

Dinner was done soon and we sat at a couple of floor tables pushed together and ate. And I must say, IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!! Aron really was an awesome cook.

 --------------------------------------------------------

"You know what we should do guys?" Baekho started, "Let's watch a movie! A scary one"

'NNNNNOOOOO!!!' I screamed in my head, 'Anything but that!!!!'