Now That I'm Here

Language Barrier

I stopped in front of the CEO's door and read the hangul 'Han Sung Soo'.

I suppose I looked worried. Ren playfully nudged my shoulder with his, "Are you okay Emmi? You've got this whole deer-in-the-headlights look going on," Everyone started laughing but me. I held the laugh that threatened me, and stared them all down, just to make them feel bad for laughing at me.

Their laughs slowly faded away in to the cracklely laughs that people do when they figure out that something they said wasn't as funny as they thought it was. Ren itched the back of his head and looked at me with apoligetic eyes, "Sorry, Emmi. I wasn't trying to be mean, I just... I was trying...to...well lighten the mood. I know you're nervous...and... yeah." With that I showed him a bright smile, "Aw, thanks. You are just adorable!" and ruffled his hair. He was quite a bit taller than me so I had to get on my tippytoes. I noticed that he turned a light shade of pink, and let out a small giggle.

I my heels to face the door. I noticed something strange, though. When I was turning, the rest of NU'EST was shooting Ren, with what seemed like, lasers out of their eyes. I decided not to pay attention.

I smoothed my skirt and fixed my hair. I had almost forgotten about my glasses, I quickly ripped them off my face and pushed them toward the closest person to me, which was Baekho, "Hold these for me, okay?" He gave me a nod and gently held them.

Putting my hand on the handle, I turned it until I heard a click. I looked back at everyone one more time, and gave them a slight nod. 

"We'll wait for you out here, okay?" Aron said in english. 

"Mm," I nodded in agreement. I finally opened the door enough for me to go in. Behind me I heard loud wispers, "Hwaiting, Emmi!"

---------------------------

The door shut behind me. In front of me I saw two people, a man at a large desk toward the back of the room and a woman sitting in a chair facing the man. I gave them a slight bow as I walked in.

"Emmi, you're finally here! Are you okay?!" The woman said in english while rushing over to me. She put one hand on my back and the other she wrapped around my left hand and led my to the chair that was next to the one she had been sitting in. You would have thought I had a near death experience with the way she was acting.

I gave her a shy smile, "Yes, I'm fine I just got a little lost. Well, really lost, actually." 

She kind of reminded me of a mother with what she said next, "We told you we could of picked you up Emmi! You shouldn't turn down offers like that when you need them!" She pouted and plopped down in her chair. I think she had what Korea would call 'Aeygo'. And it was actually quite cute, and also made me feel quite bad for worrying her.

"Sorry..." I gave her my best puppy dog eyes that always worked on my parents.

She looked at me then back forward, "Don't you think that those puppy dog eyes are going to work on me!" She crossed her arms.

"Okay ladies, that's enough bonding for now." The man said sarcasically. I turned from the woman to him.

This was the CEO. I could tell by his placard on his desk. He also had this air of superiority around him. The woman, I found out, was my manager. Her name was Mirae, she had just turned thirty this year and wasn't married yet, this seemed to grievence her. She was very motherly though and really liked to nag me.

We talked about some things such as, where I would go to school at, the jobs he has lined up for me already (Only cameos, nothing big), and where I would be living.

I have to say it was nice being able to talk in english, and I'm glad my manager could speak english too. 

Our small meeting was over and Mirae-eonni was walking with me out of the CEO's office.

She opened the door and was startled, "What are you guys doing out here?" I peeked around her shoulder and saw NU'EST standing, leaned up againt the window on the opposite side of the hall of the office door.

They scrambled over to me, and gave eonni a bow, "Hello, Noona."

She greeted them back and turned to me in confusion, "Do you know them?"

"Oh... Yeah. Aron-oppa was actually the one who helped me find my way here after I got lost.

She seemed to understand the situation a little bit better, "Ooohhh... You got really lucky finding him instead of a y old man."

I gave Aron a wide smile, "I know, right."

------------------------------

I want to thaks you guys so much for reading my story and I appericiate every single comment, subscription, and anything else you can do to my story on this website. Sorry my updates are slow, school has been my main focus, especially with Finals around the corner. ( Truefully, whenever I get on her to write, I end up reading stories instead of writing mine...) :)