Eonnis and Practice Rooms

Language Barrier

"Noonas!" NU'EST all stood up and bowed to the new comers.

One of the two women came up to me and cheerfully wrapped their arms around my neck, "Wah, I'm so happy to finally meet you!" the younger of the two said, "I'm Song Dambi. You can call me Eonni, though! I live right across the hall, eonni lives in the room right next to yours." She was so friendly, it kind of caught me off gaurd. So, I just gave her a shy nod.

I noticed that the older eonni had stayed by Mirae-eonni, talking causually with her. She caught me looking at her and smiled. She walked over and cooly patted my shoulder, "I'm Park Kahi. Eonni." she put a serious look on, "Not ajumma, I'm only thirty three." She gave me a bright eye smile. I nodded and bowed.

Dambi-eonni spoke up, "You know Korean, right?" she was so blunt, it was slightly comical. 

I let out a small giggle before answering, "Yes, Dambi-eonni, I know Korean." 

She shrugged her shoulders, "I wasn't sure, I hadn't heard you talk yet."

I noticed her slowly loosing interest in being here. She gazed off in the distance, as if she was trying to remember something. Surely enough she was.

"Oh yeah!" Dambi-eonni yelled, "I need to get to the radio show, shoot!" She waved bye behind her as she darted out the door.

"Cute..." I wispered to myself, her scatter-brainess and directness was adorable. What a cute eonni!

Kahi-eonni patted my head, "Dambi-ah may be a little strange but she is a great actress. And she is great to her dongsaengs, right guys?" She was refering to NU'EST.

They all nodded their heads. Minhyun stated, "Mhm, Dambi-noona always takes care of us."

Then Baekho added in, "Yeah, and she always buys us food!"

Aron nudged him and shook his head in disapointment, "Is that all you care about, Baekho-ah?" He gave him one of his fantastic eye smiles and shook his head yes.

"Baekho-ah, I'll buy you some food too! As long as you share with everyone." I said poking his side. He chuckeled and nodded his head.

Aron-oppa turned me to face him, " DO NOT BUY HIM FOOD!" he said squishing my face in between his palms, " He is such a slob, wrappers are left all over the dorm and he never picks up after himself." he said the last part in english as to keep Baekho from understanding his insult.

I laughed and squeezed his face back, "Okay, okay, I won't." Then Ren came over and helped me by pulling Oppas ears out.

Everyone burst out into laughter, "Hyung you look like a monkey!" Baekho said, unknowingly getting him back for his 'slob' comment.

Kahi-eonni looked at the scene and looked at me, "How do you know these guys so well, Emmi-ah?" She narrowed her eyes suspisously.

Aron-oppa finally let go of my face and I did the same, "Well," I started, "After I had landed here, I got really lost." I motioned to oppa, "Then Aron-oppa showed up and escorted me to Pledis."

She still had her eyes narrowed and looked from me to Aron-oppa, as if she had discovered something she stopped on oppa, "What a nice person 'Aron-oppa' is!" She smirked and really emphisized 'oppa'. I turned to look at him and he had gone red. 

"I think it's time for me to head on to my next schedule," Kahi-eonni said walking to the door.

All of  us bowed to her as she walked out, "Goodbye, Eonni/Noona!" 

----------------------------------------------

Mirae-eonni turned to me, "Well I need to go back to the office soon to get some stuff in order for some apperences you'll be making." Eonni gave me a hug, and looked at NU'EST, "How about you guys show her the Studios?"

"Yeah! Let's go show you the practice studios!" Ren said cutely tugging on my arm. 

I giggled and put my arm through his, "Alright, Let's go!"

Ren and I skipped to the elevator as everyone followed us. We went down to the main floor and Eonni got in her van and waved as she pulled away.

-----------------------------------------------

We had only walked ten minutes tops before we came to a stop in front of another huge building. Still smaller though than the dorm building.

Truefully, I wasn't expecting to stop, and ran right into the back of Baekho-ah, "Why'd you stop, Baekho-ah?" I rubbed my sore nose and followed everyones eyes.

"Ohhh... Is this the studio?" Baekho laughed at me then wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me through the front doors.

He florished his free arm up, "Welcome, to my castle!

I giggled and punched him in his side, he let go and pretended that it actually hurt, "Your castle, huh?" I rolled my eyes and wondered around a little, peeking in a couple of rooms.

Ren came up behind me and poked my side. I jumped and flipped around to glare at him, "Yah!"

He gave me an innocent smile and acted like he didn't do anything, before passing in front of me to open the door. Aron nudged me in through the door, followed by everyone else.

The room was huge and very green. Mirrors covered the far wall and a small stereo system was set up in a corner. I also noticed a keyboard and several guitars were stored descreetly beside the stereo. 

I smiled as my eyes scaned the room, "Wah, so this is the room you guys use to practice?!"

Minhyun nodded,"Yeah," he linked his arm through mine and led me over to a chair in the corner by the stereo, "Sit here, we'll show you our new dance!"

Baekho looked slightly concerned, "But we don't have our back up dancers, won't it look a little strange?"

Minhyun was zoning out while trying to think of a solution. He suddenly perked up, "Ren can play the female parts. He's not doing anything whenever the girls are dancing, so he can just fill in."

"What?! But..." Ren looked at Minhyun in anger, "Why me!? Why not Jonghyun! He's just waiting too!" I supressed a giggle, he was deffinatly the most femine among the boys.

Everyone seemed pleased by the idea and ignored Ren. Minhyun pulled out his phone and plugged it into the stereo. He searched for a moment for the song, giving everyone enough time to get into their postions. Ren huffed his way over to where Aron-oppa was standing.

"Here, Emmi-ah," he handed me his phone, "Push play when I say go."

With that he rushed off to where a table and chair had already been set up.

"And.... Go!" I pushed the button on que.

 

 

 

 

 

I must say it was slightly funny watching Ren do the female parts, but he was suprisingly very good a them. Right after he was done with the parts he has to do with Aron, he rushed over to the seat across from Minhyun to do those parts. I couldn't help but giggle at the beginning. But after that, it was really amazing, they just looked really cool. It's kind of hard to explain, but they were all just really attractive when they dance.

They finished and I stood up, clapped, and ran over to them, "You guys look so handsome when you dance! That was... AMAZING!" I made a florish with my arms.

"Handsom..." Aron wispered under his breath.

"Yeah! I mean you are all attractive already," I guestured to the group, "But, seeing people do something that they work so hard at is just... well, attractive!" I tilted my head and gave them an eye smile.

Everyone's faces were tinted a light shade of pink, but that was just because they were worn out from dancing... Right?

"Can you dance, Emmi-ah?" Ren said curiously. It kind of looked like he had a hidden agenda, though.

I shook my head furiously, "Ohhhh noooo, I'm the most uncordinated person ever." The last time I tried dancing was in my room, and that ended with a broken vase and several bandaids. 

Ren came over and used his aegyo on me, "I'm sure you're not that bad," he pulled me over to the center of the room and faced me toward the mirror, "This isn't even dancing exactly, it's more like... acting."

I looked at him with disbelief, but reluctantly followed his instructions for the girl parts of the dance. 

I soon had them down, and everybody wanted to try dancing again. Before I could even agree, Aron had pulled me to the center where I was to start. 

I wasn't really expecting what happened, even though I practiced the moves with Ren, it felt different with Aron-oppa.

He held my hand tightly. As the music started he looked at me straight in the eyes and brough my hand up to his face. His cheek felt different from Ren's. He shyly looked down and then back up, making eye contact once again. Then bringing his free hand up he my hair and cheek, then resting on my shoulder, my eyes fluttered at his touch. I was sure that if my face wasn't red with embaressment already, it surely was now. 

I finished my part with Aron and quickly rushed over to help Minhyun with his part. All my parts were over and so I just sat and watched them finish the rest out.

--------------------------------------------

"See, that wasn't too hard, now was it?" Ren said patting my head. I looked at him with my puppy dog eyes and fixed my hair. He did his best to advoid me by hiding behind JR.

"Don't worry about it Emmi-ah, you did really well!" Aron said placing his hand on my shoulder. I tensed up and failed to look him in the eye, all I managed was a shy nod. He gave me a strange look and removed his hand and scratched the back of his neck.

I scaned over NU'EST, "I think I'll just stick to the things I'm already good at. Playing instuments is the extent to my musical ability."

They all perked up to that.

"You can play instruments?!" Ren and Baekho said together with suprise.

I looked at them with confusion, "Well... yeah, guitar, piano, and cello," I had spent all my time learning instuments back home. I had to so my father and mother didn't look like they had a talentless child in front of super important people whose children were doctors and lawyers.

With that Baekho ran over, grabbed the guitar that was resting in the corner, and pushed it in to my hands. I sighed, smiled, and sat down in the chair. They wanted me to play. They didn't even have to ask, I could see it in their expressions.

Gathered in a litlle semi-circle in front of me, NU'EST sat on the floor and looked at me expectantly. I gave them one last smile before starting.

 

 

 

I was so focused on playing that I didn't notice their stares of fasination. 

Even though the song was rather country sounding, it expressed my feelings well. I had never had anyone I treasured. No one that would miss me in America, not even my parents. I secluded myself at school, practiced my music at alone home in my studio my parents had built me, and hardly ever saw my parents. Whenever I would see famlies or couples on the street I can't help but feel a pain of lonliness and jelousy. I was still waiting for those people to come into my life.

I had finished the song and let my eyes linger closed for a moment longer. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand sweep across my face. My eyes fluttered open with Aron's face not even a couple inches from mine. He was knelt in front of me blocking the rest of the boy's view of me.

He gave me a small, sad smile befor starting in english, "Are you okay?"

I was shocked and brought my hand up to my face, I had cried. I looked away from his eyes imediatly and finished wipping my face myself. He was probably the only one who understood the song, as it was in english.

I nodded quickly and stood up, Aron fell backwad from his loss of balance. NU'EST laughed at their hyung, helping him up after they had.

Quickly rushing over to the keyboad, I guestured to it, "Do you guys want to hear me play this too?" I did my best to ignore my sad emotions and cover it with a smile.

They all walked over to me and nodded their heads for me to start. I did my best to pick a happier song this time.

 

 

 

My fingers glided across the keys, just like they'd practiced since long ago. My voice flowed out, knowing the song by heart. Even though it was in Korean, I had this memorized for years.

I did my best to control my emotions from earlier. I smiled and made eye contact with everyone. Ren and Baekho started doing some ballroom dancing to the song..... not their best dancing. It made me smile though. And I have to say I felt much better after I finished, I blocked out my past and focused on the present.