The Dorms

Language Barrier

 

We all walked down to the lobby together, and then made it outside.

Eonni guestured to her van, "Do you guys want a ride to the dorms?"

Sceptical, I asked, " Is there enough room for everyone?" It looked rather small and beaten up, the paint was also chipped in several places. NU'EST looked at the van and gave each other worried glances.

She itched her chin for a few moments, looking the van over, "Yeah," she seemed unsure, "yeah, it should be fine. But the passenger seat is completly busted, so you'll all have to sit in the back seats."

Saying that the seat was busted was an understatement, the seat wasn't even there. How does that even happen?

Ren, JR, and Minhyun slipped in to the back three seats, while Aron, Baekho, and I sat in the first row of seats. 

Eonni the radio, but quiet enough so she could easily talk over it. I listened to her for a while, but I was exaughsted. I could feel myself slowly dosing off.

ARON'S POV

Noona was on one of her rants again. I did my best to pay attention but I gave up and found myself daydreaming while looking out the window. Alot was on my mind today, well alot happened in one day, so. I was trying to clear up my thoughts, they were too muddy for me to think clearly. Emmi showed up out of nowhere, I'm getting mad whenever she gives attention to others, what's going on exactly?

My mind was racing when I felt my shoulder get heavier. I looked over and saw Emmi's head leaned on me. I cranked my head around to where I could see her face. Her eyes were closed. Did she fall asleep? She should be tired, after everything she went through today. I sat back in my seat again and smiled to myself, I mean she chose my shoulder over leaning against the window.

I felt a nudge from my other side, I looked over to Baekho. 

"Is she asleep?" he wispered to me and nodded over to Emmi. 

"Yeah," I said. Baekho attempted to glance around me to see Emmi. "Yah!" I screamed-wispered. He stopped in his tracks, "Don't look at her sleeping! That's creepy!"

He moved back to his original postion and put his hands up as if he was caught, "Sorry, hyung." 

Yeah you'd better not look at her.

EMMI'S POV

I was awakened by Eonni's loud voice, "We're here, kids!" I lifted my head up from it's resting place. I rubbed my eyes and tried to take in my surroundings. I glanced to my right, out the window was a huge apartment building. Then to my left, was Aron. Wait, wasn't that were I had been sleeping? I looked up to meet Aron's eyes. He was watching me and gave me one of his fantastic smiles.

My mouth fell open, "I am so sorry, oppa. I'm just... I'm really... I was just really tired." I gave him apoligetic eyes. 

Aron ruffled my hair and nodded his head. I smiled back.

-----------------------

I was having a hard time getting the van door opened. Man, this this was a peice of junk. I struggled with it for a while before. Aron scooted toward me and reached around me and yanked the door open. I was suprised at how close we were, I could feel his breath on my cheek. Our faces were but an inch apart. But once the door was slid open, I jumped out to get away. I'm sure my face is beet red my now, I brought my hands up to my face to cool it down.

ARON'S POV

It was cute watching her fight with the van door for awhile, but then I felt bad. So, I helped her. I moved closer to her and pulled it open for her. What I didn't notice was how close we were to each other. 

But then I turned to face her and she was looking at me. Her cheek brushed against my face as she hopped out. I was frozen for a second. I couldn't beleive how close we had gotten to each other. 

While I was in my own little world, I felt the seats begin to shake.

"Hyung, can we get out now?" It was Ren and he was getting annoied from waiting.

I nodded and got out, followed by Baekho. Then I moved the seat forward to let Ren, Minhyun, and JR out.

EMMI'S POV

I stared at the gigantic building in front of me, "Wah, it's huge!" I excitedly ran up the stairs and waited at the door like a little puppy.

Everyone finally caught up and Eonni handed me something, "Here's the key to the door," she also gave me a small sticky note with five digits on it, "And this is the code to you're dorm room."

I jumped up and down and gave Eonni a hug, she laughed and returned it.

I fumbled with the key, trying to put it in the key hole. As you may guess, I was a little nervous. I finally got it and walked into a beautiful white and beige lobby.

The newness of everything was making me hyper. I grabbed on to Arons arm and shook it, he laughed, "Woah, calm down, you're heart is going to give out on you."

I nodded and followed Eonni to the elevator. She hit the third floor button. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. Everyone got off and we went to room four.

I typed in the number that was given to me, you could hear the lock slide, and it made a happy ding. 

I rushed in from excitement and slipped my shoes off. I ran around checking out every crook and cranny of the dorm room.

Kitchen:

 

c04ce71732ccc7b490ba1a1ca3dc5e09.jpg

Bed Room:

 

d8b9abb3dd9eef65978c5e0a43e2b94b.jpg

Living Room:

 

e0273846d9cf66b75b1dfedf04d2cb63.jpg

Everyone else sat in the living room as I jumped from room to room. 

I was glad to see that my bags had been delievered safely to my room. I rummaged through everything, seperating, and storing them in their new homes. But befor I did any of this, I took out my stuffed animal panda and place him on my bed. Yes, he took up alot of space in one of my three breifcases, but I have to have him with me. He was a present from my grandmother before she passed away, making it the most special thing that I own.

I finished up and went out to the living room. Minhyun got up from his spot on the coach, allowing me to sit down. Minhyun then sat at JR's feet at one of the chairs.

"Thanks Minhyun-ah," I said before sitting. I looked around at NU'EST and Eonni, "Thanks everyone, at first I was really nervous, but I feel like it won't be too hard to adjust."

Aron, who was sitting next to me, reached over and gave me a hug around my shoulder, I was shocked,"You are so cute!" Everyone joined in. 

"Don't worry, we live at the other end of the hall." Ren reassured me.

Baekho chirped in, "So, if you need anything just come and find us."

"Plus I'll be with you most of the time, Emmi-ah!" Eonni added.

Suddenly the door opened up and several people walked in, "Don't forget about us!

"Yeah! We're here for you too, Emmi-ah!" They all said cheerfully. 

Who are these people?