Fate

Necklace

The next day, the moment Lizzy entered the school, she was dragged to a corner of the parade square and pushed to the ground. No surprise, it was Chanyeol with his gang.

"So.. you're the one who saved Jinah? You think you're such a hero?"

Lizzy turned to look up. She glared at the leader of the gang. "I thought you were some big thing. Turns out your gang has only- one,two,three,four- four other people?"

"Does it matter? People fear us. And you- you have a nice body, maybe one of my brothers will want you. Anyone? Sehun, how about you?"

"Sure," was the reply.

Just as they were about to carry her, a girl's voice was heard. "Yes Teacher! They are trying to do something to Lizzy!"

Without a doubt, they ran away. Looking back, Chanyeol mouthed, "Just you wait."

The girl ran towards Lizzy. It was Nana. "Sooyoung-ah, are you alright??? You hurt your leg Sooyoung, look at this bruise!"

"I did? It must have been bruised when they pushed me. I'm okay Unnie."

"Come, let me help you up."

"I'm ok- ah it hurts!"

"Where? Did I hurt you?"

"No, I think I sprained my ankle."

"Let me take you to the bench there."

With the help of Nana, Lizzy finally got to the bench. As she sat down, Nana bent down and started massaging Lizzy's ankle. 

"Is it any better? I remember someone doing this to me when I previously sprained my ankle."

"Mmm, slightly better." Lizzy said, forcing out a smile in the midst of the pain she feels.

"I told you those guys would find you for sure. I'm gonna you everywhere from now on."

"But unnie, I'm supposed to be protecting you, I promised!"

"You've also promised that your safety comes first, Sooyoung."

"Oh. Yeah but-"

"No buts. Both of us can't take care of ourselves, but two would be better than one."

"Alright." Lizzy said in defeat.

After a while, when Lizzy's ankle got slightly better, Nana brought her to the sick bay to get her bruise treated. It was a long process, as it was hard to convince Lizzy that her wound had to be treated. Not until Nana went 'Please, Sooyoung.' that Lizzy finally decided to go.

"Wait here, I'll go up class to let the teacher know we'll be late because you injured yourself." 

With a nod as an acknowledgement, Nana left. On her way up, she started tearing. She felt apolegetic and guilty. It was all her fault that Lizzy's in this state. She couldn't take it that other people were hurt because of her. Especially Sooyoung.

***

"Thank you and goodbye Cher." the class chorused. 

Without even packing her bag, Nana ran to Lizzy's table. "Let me do this for you." Not even waiting for Lizzy's reply, she started packing her bag for her. 

"Jin Unnie, I can do this, my hands are not inj-"

"You sit here while I pack." Nana ordered.

"Alright."

"Wait a while. I'll go pack my bag now." 

*

"Let's go. I'll take you home and also carry your bag for you."

"No it's alright I'll carry it."

"No."

While walking for a while, Sooyoung decided to ask Nana the question that has been bothering her.

"Jin, why are you doing all these?"

"Do what?"

"Y'know, packing my stuff and all."

"You're injured, Sooyoung-ah."

"But those are within my abilities!"

"Oh look, those are candy floss! I remember you love it. I'll get one for you. Sit here."

Settling Lizzy down at one side, she went to get the candy floss from the stall nearby.

"Here, for you. Where's your house again?"

"Just that block there."

"Alright let's go."

It was silence from then on. One reason was because Lizzy was savouring the candy floss that Nana got for her, the other was because she was unsure of whether she should ask again. 

"We've reached. Bye unnie!"

"Bye!"

Just as Lizzy was about to walk away, Nana put her hand out to block. Lizzy looked at Nana, eyes showing the question 'Yes?'.

"Sooyoung-ah, I'm sorry."

"For?"

"It's all my fault you're in this state. I told you he'd look for you, I told you he's not to be messed with. It's all my fault that you have such a big bruise on your leg now and your ankle too. I'm really so sor-"

Lizzy put her finger on Nana's mouth. "Don't say anymore, unnie. I don't want to hear. You don't have to be sorry. Even if I knew he was like that, I'd still have saved you at that moment. No matter what you say, I would have protected you from him, and I will continue to do so."

"No but-" Feeling so bad, Nana burst into tears.

"Why are you crying? No buts, listen to me." She pulled the crying girl into a hug. "You took care of me unnie. You were there for me when no one was. Now fate has brought us together again, I will protect you, I've already told you that. I love you, Jinah."

"Alright Sooyoung. I know you're determined this time. I love you too."

 

===

 

Finally, an update! I think my writing skills have deteriorated :( But oh well! Took some time out to post this chapter because AS is back ^^ First Love is amazing! 
Pretty short, but hope y'all liked this chapter! (x