Making Lines

simple // ur most basic layout tutorials thread

So some of you guys have been requesting on how to make lines.
LOL sorry. I couldn't be anymore descriptive, right?
Alright. But I gotta tell you something before we start.
Making lines deals with the tag < div > instead of  < span > or < p > like we've been using for qiute a long time now.
Well, let's start shall we?

Well, if you think of this tutorial as a collage, it'd be much easier to remember. Making lines is just a collage of a lot of simple thing's we've already learned. I should probably tell you guys that this chapter is going to be short. Like .. super short. I don't really have much to say in this chapter.

Example: < div style="height: 30px; width: 3px; background-color: #ff757d;" >< div style="height: 20px; width: 3px; background-color: #ff9ca2; margin-left: 5px;" >

 

Okay, so this tutorial only taught you how to make lines. And because I am me, I did not teach you how to put things beside the lines. Yet. Don't believe me and think you already know how to do it? Sure, go ahead and try. Bravo if you got it. But I highly doubt it. It took me a while to finally understand how you actually put thing beside your lines. But I got it now. So, if you want a profile with just lines on 'em, here ya go. BUT, since this tutorial only teaches you how to make the lines, you can always put everything, beneath it. And instead of having lines go vertical, have lines that go horizontal? Just a suggestion. Other than that, we're done with this tutorial.