I know something you don't

One Step Ahead of You (moving)

 

I absolutely love Sehun's character, which character(s) do you guys prefer? Tell me in the comments and I'll try to make them appear more often! 

Also...I have intentions to add a rated chapter or two soon. I don't know how you guys feel about that. Once again, comment your opinions or private message me if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Lalala! That's all. Enjoy, comment, subscribe!

 

Jihyun                                                                                                                                          

 

Kai took a quick glance at his watch and grabbed his box of possessions. "Do you mind if I take the office?" he asked politely. I shook my head and got up. "Thanks for the food" I said while picking up the empty food container. He smiled in response and left the room.

 

I sighed and started flattening all the empty boxes. It has been a long day, but the room started to look like my room now. "Or rather our room," I thought. It was at that moment I realized there was only one bedroom in the penthouse. And one bed. "It's not like you haven't shared a bed before," my snarky conscience snapped. I shook my head at that thought and decided to take a shower. The hot water stung my wounds and I remembered the way he had tended to my wounds earlier. "So gentle..." I thought as the pouring of hot water slipped me into a memory.

 

Something was different about the kisses that day. I had just gotten out of the shower when Kai walked into my bedroom. I could feel his eyes ravaging me, lingering at my chest and legs. A blush crept up on my face as I went up retrieve a sweater but he stopped me. His clothes were still damp from the rain, but he radiated warmth. He kissed me gently and slowly, pushing me towards a wall. I let my lips graze across his cheek and settled on his jaw line, nibbling my way down to meet his lips again.

 

I felt my back slam against the wall as out lips met. He slipped his tongue in my mouth as his hands moved down my body hungrily, tugging on my loose shirt until one shoulder was exposed. I moaned as he started nibbling my shoulder blade. Kisses so delicate, so gentle...

 

 

Kai                                                                                                                                           

"Where are my keys?" I thought. I dug my hands into pockets, finding null. I entered the bedroom and spotted them on the floor. "Ah," I said out loud and bent down to gather them. When I stood back up, I caught sight of Jihyun. Her hair was wet and water dripped from her ends onto her thin shirt. She was dressed casually, her clothes hanging loosely on her slim frame. "I'm going out," I muttered quickly when I realized I was staring at her. She nodded, then motioned towards the bed. "There's only one bed," she said hesitantly. "So?" came my instant response. Realizing what I said, I quickly corrected myself, "I'll take the couch."

 

Jihyun                                                                                                                                              

 

The doorbell rang soon after Kai left. "Who is it?" I wondered out loud and walked over to open the door.

 

"Jihyun-shi!" Sehun greeted cheerfully and presented me with an arrangement of orchids, "House warming present!"

 

"Hey," I said smiling at his cheerful expression, "I love orchids."

 

Sehun smiled knowingly. "Where's Kai hyung?" he asked.

 

"Oh he went out," I answered.

 

"Well then," Sehun said easily, "care to show me around?"

 

I started to show him the rooms, but Sehun started walking in front of me and poking into spaces, causing me to smile at his child-like deposition. As he entered Kai's office, he quickly ran towards the desk and looked out the window. I heard something fall with a thud. "Did something fall?" I asked Sehun as I trailed into the room.

 

"Oh it's nothing," he replied, "hyung wouldn't mind."

 

"Such a nice view," he said facing the window.

 

"Would you like something to drink? Tea perhaps?" I asked.

 

"If you serve tea with embarrassing childhood stories, I'll take two cups," he said cheekily.

 

And that was the beginning of a laughter filled evening.

 

Kai                                                                                                                                                

 

When I returned to the apartment, it was pitch black. "Jihyun must be asleep already," I thought walking through the darkness. I reached for my pockets as I heard my phone ring. Sehun's name flashed on my screen. "Just the person I want to talk to..."

 

"You! What do you think you're doing?" I snarled into the phone.

 

"Oh I'll tell you. Why don't you go into you office first?" Sehun fired back.

 

I entered my office and quickly shut the door behind me.

 

"Now look under your desk," Sehun commanded.

 

"What the hell?" I exclaimed as I discovered a shattered picture of Minyoung on the floor, "Did you do this?"

 

"News flash hyung, you're engaged, and you put a picture of Minyoung on your desk? You jerk!" he retaliated.

 

"Speaking of Minyoung, she told me you set her up with one of your buddies. What the heck do you think you are? You of all people should know how I feel about that!" I yelled.

 

"Look hyung, I understand you loved her."

 

"Love her," I corrected him, "you're my oldest friend, our friendship is even older than my love for her, you should know that."

 

"I'm not sure I do anymore," Sehun snorted, "and guess what hyung? You're marrying Jihyun soon."

 

I growled into the phone.

 

"Do you even think about Jihyun's feelings?" he continued, "She's a person, with feelings, do you remember what those are?"

 

There was a pause until I broke it.

 

"Then why did you let me do it?" I said through gritted teeth.

 

"Because I never thought you would have the heart to do it Kai."

 

"Well I did! Why didn't you stop me!" I shouted.

 

Sehun chucked. "Because you were in love with her."

 

"I was not!" I yelled in frustration.

 

"Listen to yourself." Sehun said icily before he hung up.

 

"I hate her." I whispered to myself.

 

"No you don't," my conscience taunted.

 

"I hate myself..."

 

----

 

Poor Kai. Personally, I think he deserves it right now~  Hmm, is that foreshadowing I sense?

 

Oooh oooh oooh. 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/389231/too-real-to-be-fake-angst-romance-exo-luhan-chanyeol-kris-suho <--- see this? 

That's my other story ^^ Check it out :)