The Confession and The Rejection

I Love You, Nuna!!!

 

            "What's her name? Yeoyon? "

            Kiseop stared at Hoon, did not understand. "Yeoyon? Name?" he  asked as he entered the stationeries back into his bag. The last lesson is over and it is time to go home.

            "The girl that I hit her in the cafeteria. I heard you had to called her name."

            "Oh. Her name is Kim Hyo Yeon. Why?"

            "And you call her nuna? She is our sunbae?"

            "Yes. Why?"

            Hoon was silent for a moment, looking at Kiseop. "She was the girl who accidentally hit by me yesterday. Do you still remember? When we played basketball in the sports arena in Daejoon Park. "

            "Huh? Really? "

            Hoon nodded reassuringly. "Anyway, you know? Hyoyeon Nuna. "

            Now Kiseop nodded. "Em! Hyoyeon Nuna and I are in the same club, the dance club. She's really a very great dancer! We talked often when I'm in the club. Hey, what are you asking me continuously about her?" Kiseop asked, looking curious at Hoon. Suddenly he laughed. "Ahahaha ... you fall in love with her huh?"

            "Who is in love?" asked Eli who was suddenly joined with Hoon and Kiseop. Kevin and Jaeseop were come along too.

            "No ... I mean ..."

            "You're in love, Hoon-ah?" asked Jaeseop at him, teasing.

            "Aw, aw ... Hoon is fell in love!" said Kevin happy.

            Fortunately just them who were in class. “That’s not like that!" he muttered.

            "But, Hoon, Hyoyeon Nuna does not like young men like us," said Kiseop ignored the nagging of Hoon. "She once told me about the type of man of her dreams. One of her type is he was no younger than her. You must have rejected her. "

            "Really?"

            "Yeah! Look! You really like her?"

            Hoon just pouted heard Kiseop’s words.

            "Who’s Hyoyeon Nuna anyway?" said Kevin.

            "The girl who was hit by Hoon yesterday in Daejoon Hoon Park," Kiseop said.

            Kevin frowned, not understanding.

            "Kevin and Eli were not there at that time. How do they know the incident?" said Jaeseop warned.

            "I'll tell you who is Hyoyeon Nuna," Eli said to Kevin.

            "You know her?" said Hoon did not believe.

            Eli nodded. "Yeah, let's go home!"

 

***

 

            Hoon surprised to see Hyoyeon stood up in front of his class that morning. What is she doing? His mind asked. Then, he approached his sunbae. "Are you wanting to see someone, sunbaenim?" he asked, apparently surprising Hyoyeon. "Ah, I'm sorry if I was surprising you..." he admitted as he leaned forward.

            "It's okay," said Hyoyeon shortly. The girl looked Hoon for a moment, then replied, "I want to see Lee Ki Seop. You also the student of this class? "

            Hoon nodded agreeably as he cleared his throat. The man stucked his head briefly into the classroom. Kiseop was not there. Jaeseop, Eli and Kevin as well not exist. "He’s not here, sunbaenim," he said later, looking at his sunbae. Secretly, he was enjoying her face. Nuna, why your face can be so beautiful? "Anything that I can help for you if I meet Kiseop? You know, maybe a message for him or else."

            Hyoyeon quickly shook his head and her face turned grim. "No," she said simply. "Oh yeah, just call me nuna. Sunbaenim is too formal for me," she said, and and then left Hoon.

            "Nuna," called Hoon, making Hyoyeon turned and stared at Hoon. Hoon smiled broadly at her. "My name is Yeo Hoon Min."

            Hyoyeon just chuckled after she realized that her hoobae wanted to introduce  himself. Strange. Three times they met accidentally and she did not know his name. Well, do not want to know anyway. "My name is Kim Hyo Yeon."

 

***

 

            Since they were introducing to each other formally, Hoon accompanied Kiseop to the dance training at the club often so he could be able to see or say or had a little talk with Hyoyeon. Because of that he knew that Hyoyeon was a girl who did not talk too much. Kiseop’s statement about Hyoyeon was a great dancer was true. Hoon've seen it and it was making him more like the girl. Until one day ...

            "Nuna, be my girlfriend ..."

            Hyoyeon who was drinking choked after hearing Hoon’s confession. "What did you say?" she said with a little cough.

            "Are you okay, Nuna?" Hoon asked with worry and was not expect that Hyoyeon could be that surprised to hear his confession.

            "I misheard right? You want me to be your girlfriend?" Hyoyeon asked again, ignoring the question of Hoon.

            Hoon was silent while seriously looking at Hyoyeon. "You did not, Nuna. I really want you to be my girlfriend, Nuna," he said.

            This time, Hyoyeon chuckled while Hoon was staring at her. "No, Hoonmin. I do not want a relationship with any hoobae," she said flatly as she turned her face away from Hoon.

            "But, why? What's wrong?" said Hoon with a disappointed tone.

            "There’s nothing wrong. I just do not want it. "

            "Nuna ... but, I really like you!"

            Hyoyeon looked back at Hoon. This time with a gentle smile. "Thank you to like me, but we should not be a couple if you're going to like me right?"

            "Nuna! Hoon!" cried Kiseop suddenly from a distance. That man jogged to approach them. "Nuna, you are called by Jessica Nuna," he said after being among them, panting.

            Hyoyeon nodded. "The training has been completed, Kiseop-ah?" she asked Kiseop and he answered by a nod. The girl took his bag and left them without saying anything more.

            Hoon was silent, still looking at Hyoyeon. Kinda long time he was daydreaming until Kiseop patted his shoulder hard enough and decided reverie.

            "Let's go home, Hoon!"

 

***

 

            "You're right, Kiseop-ah ..."

            "About what?" asked Kiseop not understand.

            "Hyoyeon Nuna does not like men younger than herself."

            "I knew it! Finally, you also believe what I said then," Kiseop said, smiling triumphantly. He did not realize the sad face of Hoon. "Hyoyeon Nuna told you so?" he asked curious and Hoon shook his head. Kiseop frowned, puzzled. "Then, how could you believe me then?"

            Hoon pauses, then he replied, "I confessed love to her."

            Kiseop's eyes immediately rounded and his mouth slightly open. he shocked. Kiseop had no idea if his friend could do that. "Really? Then, what? She rejected you?" he asked and Hoon answered with a weak nod. Kiseop sighed heavily. Of course he was sad too. "Come on, Hoon... there are so many pretty nunas beside Hyoyeon Nuna right?" he assured him, patting Hoon’s back gently.

            "No. I just love her, Kiseop-ah... " said Hoon. Unnoticed, they were already arriving in front of his house. "See you tomorrow, Kiseop-ah!" he said, then entered the gate of his house.

 

***