Cupid Cat

Cupid Cat

 

Please read the author note at the bottom when you finish. It's very important.


 

Woohyun is tired. And hungry. Very very hungry. He wonders if there might be any fish for dinner. His tail sways side to side at the mere thought.

 

Yummy.

 

Woohyun lives the wonderful life of a cat. Blissful belly rubs, random adventures through the neighborhood streets, and the promise of meat for dinner. But Woohyun has another, more important aspect to his job.

 

See, Woohyun belongs to a boy named Sungjong –pretty face, pretty body, even a pretty personality. Yes, Woohyun fully believes that his owner is almost as perfect as he is.

 

Which is why Woohyun’s biggest job is to get lost.

 


 

You see, when Woohyun gets “lost,” he’s really on a mission: a scouting mission. Because Woohyun has great taste in guys, and girls too –but somehow he finds guys more fitting for Sungjong. Don’t ask why. He’s just a genius like that.

 

And when Sungjong posts the “Lost Cat” posters, as he inevitably will, Woohyun will have succeeded in his mission. Blind Date number one, complete.

 

Cupid Cat, 1. Mice, 0.

 


 

Of course, Sungjong and Woohyun have a love-hate type of relationship. Woohyun brings Sungjong boys, and Sungjong rejects them. Woohyun isn’t sure why. He suspects Sungjong of having too mousy of a character –lacking courage to just take a man by the balls and confess to him.

 

After all, Woohyun knows his men are top quality.

 

The first one actually went well, he thinks to himself. A man named Sunggyu –tall, masculine, and absolutely dorky. He made sure of that personally. Woohyun had to listen to the dork complain about being called a hamster for a week before he gave him the OK.

Of course, Sunggyu had to go ahead and decide to like Woohyun better than Sungjong. Woohyun can’t help himself. He’s attractive.

 

Sungjong doesn’t take it too hard. Woohyun wonders if maybe he doesn’t like dorks.

 


 

The second man Woohyun drags to Sungjong’s door is a prankster. Woohyun isn’t sure why he thought this was okay. Oh the things I do to find you love…

 

He isn’t amused when Sungjong decides to keep Sungyeol’s many bows on his tail. Or his ears. Or the bell around his neck.

 

“He’ll never get lost again!” Woohyun chuckles. Sungyeol? Challenge accepted.

 

Sungyeol never knew how creepy it could be to hear a cat chuckle.

 


 

Sungjong is this close to dating Sungyeol when Woohyun disappears again. This being about the size of the planet. Woohyun absolutely refuses to let Sungjong marry someone who ties bows in his beautiful fur and leaves bananas peels all over the house and has a strange affinity for the smell of vinegar. After all, if Sungyeol is this bad, imagine what the kids would be like?

 

He coughs up a hairball.

 

So Woohyun takes to the streets again, fighting crime one block at a time, until he reaches a couple’s home. Dongwoo and Hoya. He decides Sungjong should try a .

 

He’s a little more than disappointed when the three become amazing best friends and nothing more –at least until Dongwoo and Hoya start showing up for dinner with fish treats. Yum.

 


 

Woohyun still thinks Hoya could out -god Sungyeol in a second, but for some strange reason the choding keeps visiting Sungjong. Doesn’t he know basic etiquette? If a man as y as Hoya opens the door and says he’s having dinner with a boy as pretty as Sungjong, they’re automatically having babies together and you should leave them alone.

 

It doesn’t matter if Dongwoo has his arms around Hoya.

 

Threesomes are y.

 

Woohyun retracts his statement. Threesomes that do not include Sungyeol are y.

 

Woohyun is ready to start searching for Sungjong’s true love this time, when the door closes and Sungjong pulls him into a hug. Nooo~! Don’t you understand? I have to find your one true love!

 

Sungjong feeds him a fish treat. True love can wait.

 


 

Sungyeol still hasn’t realized that fish treats are the equivalent of throwing hearts at Woohyun, a fact that Woohyun continues to deny. However, he’s very happy that Sungyeol hasn’t figured out this fact that is absolutely untrue and he will continue to deny until the end of time.

 

After all, Woohyun doesn’t want to like Sungyeol. Stupid vinegar smell. Stupid bows. Stupid paws not long enough to pull the ribbons off his beautiful ears.

 

Woohyun is also in denial about being a short cat.

 

Then it happens. The most gorgeous man alive –with the exception of his beautiful owner –just prances into the street with a goofy grin on his face. Woohyun scratches at the door. Mission, start!

 

“You can’t go out today, Woohyunnie~!” Sungjong puts Woohyun in a cage –a cage! –and unlocks the door. “I have something special to do today.”

 

Myungsoo smiles at Sungjong. A bouquet of horribly folded paper roses with squiggles of handwriting all over them is shyly towards Sungjong. In his cage, Woohyun celebrates. Mission complete.

 

Myungsoo closes the door, pulls Woohyun out of the cage, and removes the ribbons from his ears.

Oh yes, mission definitely complete.

 


 

So anyone who has read any of my other works know that (1) I do not update on Sundays... like ever (2) I've been complaining that AFF has been devoid of love this week because midterms/finals and (3) I do not update when AFF is devoid of love.

And thus, I came across a dilemma. Today is Sunday. Today is in the middle of midterm season. Today is also deliberatemistake's birthday.

Anyone who has read any of my other works know that I love deliberatemistake to death.

So Cupid Cat is dedicated to you, my love. It is here, today, on your birthday, with all of the glory of YOUR man (at least for today =P I want him back tomorrow xD)

So if you enjoyed Cupid Cat, which is completely different than my usual writing, I'm sorry, drop a comment below and a happy birthday on delib's page. If you didn't enjoy Cupid Cat, I'm sorry, meow, and wish the lovely lady happy birthday anyways.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR READING IN THE MIDDLE OF MIDTERM SEASON. I LOVE YOUR BUTTS.
Myungdork moment. I love you. Like Myungsoo loves trying to kiss Sungjong.

Update: Poster with kitty Woohyun exists because delib couldn't resist... SUNGJONG'S INESS! And now in all seriousness, delib is just awesome and spoils me. So if that pic cracks you up, drop by her shop and give her a holler (or a shrine dedicated to her awesomeness).