Chapter 8 - Gathering of the Teams and Lee Byunghun

I Missed You

 

Daehyun's eyes grew wide to the words of Kris' answer. He never wanted to go back to this kind of life. Living in hiding with Jongup and the others would already be perfect for him.
 
"Just think, if we'll take revenge on the master, we can live in peace without anyone on our butts." Kris added.
 
"We should all ask Daehyun about this," said Sunggyu. "He's the right person to asked about this. What would be your answer, Daehyun-ah?" The hyung asked.
 
"No." This was the straightforward answer he gave.
 
"Why not?" Kris' partner, Tao, asked.
 
"Because Zitao. I never want to go back to that life. Although I missed it, killing people will never be the answer. I already lost Jongup. What if I lose him again? I don't know what I'll do!" Daehyun exclaimed.
 
Without any hesitation, Daehyun walked out of the table, infuriated. The thought of losing Jongup clouded his mind. He already lost his love once, he wasn't ready to go through that again. It would just kill him.
 
A few seconds later, Daehyun was already out of the door and the rest were still sitting on the table, dumbfounded.
 
"When Daehyun walks out like this, he always goes back a few seconds. It's already been a minute, what's happening?" Sunggyu thought. He motioned for Jongup and Woohyun to go with him in going after Daehyun.
 
When they got out of the warehouse, they were surprised at what they first saw. It was Daehyun, strangled by the neck, by a short guy with bleach blonde hair.
 
"Lee Byunghun! Let him go!" Exclaimed Sunggyu. The rest ran to the entrance of the warehouse to see what was going on.
 
Yongguk and Tao ran to Daehyun's aid but Byunghun raised his katana and aimed it at Daehyun's neck.
 
"Take a step further and your ace dies." Byunghun smirked as he let the edge of the blade closer to Daehyun's throat.
 
"What do you want Byunghun?" Kris asked.
 
"Simple. Fulfilling the master's wishes is my only duty at this point. If you all return to the mountain, and pledge your allegiance to the master, he will all let you live, including Daehyun here." He Daehyun's cheek.
 
This action made Jongup really angry. "Why Byunghun? Will these actions by you bring back Chanhee? Huh?" Jongup smirked when he saw Byunghun's tears and grabbed Daehyun as the opposite let him go and knelt to the ground, crying.
 
Baekhyun, sensing something was wrong, crouched down at looked at Byunghun's eyes. "Byunghun-ah?" The boy was surprised when he felt arms lacing around his neck.
 
"Baekhyun-hyung!" Byunghun cried into Baekhyun's shoulders. "It's alright, Byunghun-ah. We're all here." The latter put his hands behind the boy's head.
 
"I know you can't do this to us, let alone Daehyun-hyung." Sungjong said as he held Byunghun's hand and looked at his eyes. "Now tell us what's wrong, Byunghun-ah."
 
The blonde dried his tears and started to talk. "Minsoo-hyung and the rest of my team. They were all killed. By Heechul's men."
 
Chanyeol shook his head and asked Byunghun, "W-wait! Are you sure? They may be hiding, just like us."
 
"Guys, let's discuss this inside. Byunghun-ah, I'll make you some tea." Kyungsoo said as he motioned for everyone to go inside.
 
Once they sat again at the table, and Byunghun continued. "I'm pretty sure that they're dead hyung. I stayed there to confirm that they're dead. Master Shin ordered to have a ceremonial burning."
 
"What about Heechul's men?" Kris asked.
 
"Heechul killed them himself. He didn't want them to talk because he knows that Daehyun-hyung was still alive." Byunghun answered.
 
"So they feel threatened by Daehyun's existence," said a square-headed man named Jongdae, "Did Master Shin ask for us because of that?"
 
Byunghun turned to Daehyun, "Daehyun-hyung, Master Shin is dying. Kikwang poisoned him with the black lotus flower. The clan needs you."
 
"If you were ever listening to our earlier conversation, Byunghun, I clearly stated that I never want to go back to killing people." Daehyun sternly responded.
 
"I know, hyung. Master says he's sorry about trying to go between you and Jongup," Byunghun looked at the rest, "he needs all of you right now."
 
"Does he know about Myungsoo and Sungyeol still being alive?" Asked Sunggyu.
 
"No. But I think their presence will make him feel better. Daeryong's taking care of him right now."
 
All heads turned to Daehyun. "Daehyun-ah, you're the one to decide. If you go, we'll all go. If you don't, we won't as well." Said Kris.
 
"Byunghun, bring Myungsoo and Sungyeol with you. Inform the master that they're alive, and that I'll think about it. Give me seven days to decide." Daehyun told Byunghun.
 
"But Daehyun-ah! We can't go back there! What if we do get killed?" Exclaimed Sungyeol. "You have my word." Byunghun responded.
 
Myungsoo and Sungyeol left the warehouse with Byunghun. The others followed them to the car that Byunghun drove.
 
As they drove away, Sungjong asked Daehyun, "What if it was a trap?"
 
"If it is, the better then. I secretly gave Myungsoo some weapons and instructions in case they were true." Daehyun responded with a smirk.
 
Not far from where they were standing, a figure was watching them. "Don't worry guys, Byunghun-ah isn't lying." He said as he scurried away, leaving his nameplate.
 
His name was LEE CHANHEE.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Note: Lee Byunghun is Teen Top's L.Joe.