Seunghyun

Taste of Heaven

 

At lunch, Heechul got as much information about Mi-Kyong’s brother as he possibly could. His name was Seunghyun and he was six-foot-two. He’d had about fifteen boyfriends that Mi-Kyong could remember (Heechul had smiled at this and whispered “He’s experienced” to me), he was currently single, and he worked at a grocery store. ‘Coincidentally’ the same grocery store Heechul had been planning to go to. Mi-Kyong told us to say we were friends of hers to get a discount. She even showed Heechul a picture of Seunghyun, which he requested she send him after letting a moan escape his lips. I rolled my eyes, trying to figure out why exactly that moan had made my heart stop briefly and why this entire ordeal was annoying me. Was it because I kissed him? It was one kiss…

Grocery shopping with Heechul was fun. We laughed and talked before Heechul hit me in the stomach. “Ow! What was that for?!”

“Seunghyun! That’s him! Come on!” Heechul took my hand and pulled me into his line. While we waited, Heechul fixed his hair (which wasn’t in the least messed up). I saw Seunghyun look over and smirk.

“Did you find everything alright?” Seunghyun asked as he began ringing things up. I took note of the smirk still on his face and the way he looked Heechul dead in the eyes.

Before Heechul got the chance to say anything that could even remotely sound like a pickup line, I nodded and said, “Yes, thanks. We’re friends with your sister, Mi-Kyong. She told us you’d give us a discount.”

“She’s right. Especially since she got two good-looking guys as friends on her first day.”

“You think I’m good-looking?” Heechul asked. Could he be any more obvious?

Seunghyun stopped in his tracks, not aware we knew of his uality. “Heechul!” Some guys from school called out. “Stop hitting on the cashier!”

“Lay off, will you? He thinks I’m good-looking!”

“I’m confused.” Seunghyun said.

“How much of a discount would I get if I were to take you out on a date?”

Seunghyun leaned towards Heechul. “That depends on where you take me.”

“No, no. I like being ignored.” I said to myself.

“Well where do you want to go?” Heechul smirked, also leaning in.

“There’s nothing good playing in the movie theater.”

“Movie Theater it is. Pick me up Saturday at seven?”

“I’ll text you.” Heechul pulled out a pen and wrote his name and number on Seunghyun’s hand. I paid the total (how did I end up paying for Heechul’s groceries? I’d get him back later) and led Heechul out of the store.

“And that’s how you ask a guy out.”

“I feel like you manipulated him into saying yes.”

“Oh, Hannie, that wasn’t manipulation. He was into me, therefore it was pure flirtation.”

“And now you have a date.”

“And now I have a date.” Heechul repeated.