Dates

Taste of Heaven

 

“How long did it take him?” Mi-Kyong asked the next day as she slid into her seat next to me.

“About 30 seconds. Oh, and I paid for his groceries.” I said, still annoyed that in his giddiness, Heechul still hadn’t paid me back.

Mi-Kyong laughed. “So… while Heechul and Oppa are on their date, do you want to do something?”

“Sure! What do you want to do?”

“We could go bowling or something.”

“That sounds fun! It’s a date!” I winked at Mi-Kyong, making her blush.

 

Ji-San dropped Heechul off at my house to get ready. I still hadn’t told Heechul about my own date with Mi-Kyong, but I figured Seunghyun might tell him. If not, he would figure it out eventually.

After Heechul had gone with Seunghyun, I borrowed my mom’s car and picked up Mi-Kyong. “You look nice,” I said as she climbed in. She wore light pink jeans and a baby blue shirt with a gold necklace.

“Thanks!” I waited for her to get settled before driving off.

“Do you want to eat first or bowl first?”

“Let’s eat first. If we bowl first, we’ll be eating after eight.”

“What’s wrong with eating after eight?”

“You gain weight.”

I laughed. “Well I don’t think you have to worry about that, but we’ll eat first if it’ll make you happy.” Mi-Kyong smiled.

After eating at the food court inside the bowling alley, we chose a lane and some bowling balls. I let Mi-Kyong go first.

She absolutely at bowling.

I had thought about letting her win, but how could I get a lower score than zero? Part of me wondered if it was an act, but still, I didn’t want this date to go down the drain. “Mi-Kyong, do you want help?”

“Yes! I haven’t been bowling in a while and I’m kind of rusty…”

What came next was very cliché and stereotypical, but I did it all the same. I took up position behind her and guided her hands and feet. She turned towards me and lowered her gaze to my lips. I’m not stupid, so I kissed her. She tasted like coconut and spearmint.

I dropped her off at 9:45 and walked her to the door. Mi-Kyong bit her lip and took a step closer to me before kissing me again.

We were interrupted when the door opened swiftly and a voice sounded. “Stop making out with – oh. Noona, it’s you. I thought it would be hyung.” A younger boy, probably still in elementary school, stood inside the door.

“Oppa isn’t home yet? But he left before I did!”

“Well he’s with Heechul, so who knows when he’ll be back.”

“Okay, well I’ll see you on Monday…” Mi-Kyong smiled and shut the door.

 

Sunday came and went. I texted Heechul asking how his date was, and he replied saying he’d have to tell me in person. I sought him out before school when he knowingly winked and ran off. He wouldn’t tell me. Even in fourth period, he said nothing. Finally, lunch came and Heechul shared all the details.

“We made out in the theater, and I mean hardcore making out. Seunghyun is a really good kisser.”

“You can’t tell me you made out during the entire movie and did nothing else.”

“Of course not, but the rest of it is , so I didn’t think you wanted to hear it. If you insist, though-“

“Thanks, but that’s really alright.”

“You jealous, Hannie?” Heechul winked.

“Nope. I’m happy if you’re happy.”

Mi-Kyong appeared and settled herself into me. Heechul raised an eyebrow and shrugged. “Hannie, do you keep promises?”

“Of course.”

“Take me to jail.”

“If I didn’t know what you were talking about, I would think that was a ual innuendo of some kind. However, since I do know what you’re talking about, why in hell would you want to visit him?”

Heechul shrugged. “I just want to.”

“What are you two talking about?”

“Heechul, your sister would have a heart attack.”

“That reminds me! She wants more guests for dinner tonight. I already invited Seunghyun, but would you two like to come?”

“Tonight?” Heechul nodded, and Mi-Kyong and I exchanged glances. “Sure.”

“Anyway, what Noona doesn’t know won’t hurt her. And you promised.”

“I’m still lost.” Mi-Kyong complained.

“I’d be shocked if you weren’t.”

“Who’s in jail?”

“My ex-boyfriend. He wants me to visit.”

“Heechul, I told you that you should only visit him if you want to.” I groaned.

“Well I do want to.” I gave Heechul a look. “I do!”

“You’d better not be lying to me.”

“Take me right after school.”

“Okay, then we can go straight to your house.”

Heechul laughed. “If you think dinner is at my house, you’re insane. It’s at Noona’s fiancé’s apartment.”

“So he did propose! Aw, that’s wonderful!”

“Mi-Kyong, you’re coming with, okay?” She smiled and nodded.

 

Sorry it's been a while... ^^ I've actually had this written for a while. Chapter 11, too. I'll try and put that up soon, but I have a semi-hiatus starting that may turn into a full-blown hiatus. It won't be too long - just until after my AP World History exam. However after that, I have a feeling school will be a bit tougher coming up on the end of the year and also I'll be doing odd jobs to earn money for A-Kon (if you're going this year, let me know! We should meet up!). Also I'll be working hard to make sure my World History grade gets up to and stays at/above an 85 so I can be exempt from the final exam.
I'm not sure when the next chapter will be up and I can't promise anything, so please just wait patiently for my return ^^