evolution

Sisters in the Stars

She didn't really know how it happened, but by the time Krystal entered middle school, she had already participated in popular CFs, cameo'd in shows, etc. There was a routine to her days; morning - practice, noon - find Jessica for lunch, evening - practice, night - call mom, email dad and then sleep.

 

"Hello everybody, my name is Park Jung Soo — you might know me as Leeteuk from Super Junior — and I'm here to teach you all about comedy and courtesy today."

Accompanied by the shrill cheers and squeals of her fellow trainees, this was how Krystal met Leeteuk, one of her closer confidants for much of her duration as a trainee at SM.

Leeteuk was a guy who smiled back no matter what, helped out as much as he could and always always made Krystal feel special.

Becoming the brightest star in the sky is always the brightest goal of trainees at SM Entertainment and although it had not been Krystal’s intent at the age of 9, it certainly was now. Being a star with Jessica had been Krystal’s wish, but the more she confided in Leeteuk, the more she felt like the best, brightest most brilliant star and the more he made her feel special, the more Krystal forgot about Jessica being her sister star. The more Krystal forgot that lunches were for Jessica and evenings were for calling mom and emailing dad. 

And slowly, Krystal stopped surprising Jessica with hugs in the halls, stopped sending her sweets on the weekends through Sunny, stopped stealing her sweatpants for morning jogs. Her days were now spent in orbit around the man who made her feel ever so special. Mornings – jogging after Leeteuk, lunch – give Leeteuk a strawberry milk, evening – ask Leeteuk about questions from classes.

 

So that was that…