Alternate Universe

I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me

“jinwoon~~ jinwoonie~~ jinwooniee~”

A small sweet soft voice calls for him. But JinWoon doesn’t stir a bit, he seem to be in deep slumber.

“Jinwoon, Jinwoon, wake up”

“Rian-ah~”

JinWoon mumbles and open his eyes slowly, the woman chuckles

“bweoyah??”

She asks clearly confused.

“oh Hyorin-shi, waeyeo?”

He asks, fully awake now.

“ooh, you so cute, it’s such a pity to wake you up”

She said jokingly. JinWoon frowns, how come she can jokes in situation like this? Seeing his frown, she then turns back into her serious secretary mode.

“right, I just wanted to remind you that the event will be starting in 2 more hours, in our company grand ballroom.”

“event? What event?”

“omo director! Don’t be like this, welcoming event to introduce the debut of our new girls group, T-Ara”

“its today??!! I told you to reschedule it, I told you that no event or activities will be held or join by any Oz entertainment, not until next month, no next week, no this week and especially not today, why didn’t you copy?”

His face reddened, now it was HyoRin turn to frown.

“no, you did not, you did not say such thing”

“if this is a joke, it seriously wasn’t funny HyoRin”

He’s so raged that he slams his hands on the table and stand up immediately.

“how could you possibly handle such event on Rian’s memorial day?”

He ask disappointed and sad.

“bwoh?? Duguyah? (who?)”

“what do you mean who? Rian! My fiancé!”

HyoRin burst out laughing upon hearing such statement.

“yah, Director Jung! The only fiancé of yours that i had ever known is your company, jeez you such a workaholic, it’s no wonder YeonJoo got a lover first, she might be marry first than you”

“what do you mean? I clearly have a lover, Rian is clearly my fiancé”

“alright, alright, I don’t know how long you’ve been sleeping, neither do I know what dream you got or who possessed your mind right now, I’m telling you Jung JinWoon, there’s no such thing as fiancé nor does Rian’s name rings a bell, I tell you what, you might still be in daze, its tiring week for you, I’ll just leave you so that you can calm down and get a grip of reality, arasso? I’ll get you when it’s time for the event.”

With that, HyoRin left the dumbfounded Director alone in his office.

JinWoon was left struck in his office. What’s going on? Why didn’t HyoRin remember Rian?

“OPPA!”

JinWoon’s was shocked and then he realise that YeonJoo had already in front of him, holding a nicely hang and neatly ironed tuxedo.

“oh dongsaeng, waeyeo?”

“waeyeo wae? I just come to send you this, you left the house urgently you forgot to bring this”

She said handling him the tux.

“oh thanks, but why trouble yourself, you can just pass it to Butler Lee”

“why trouble that old man since I’m also going here for the event, it’s not hurt at all to come early, maybe I can observe the preparation so that it will be perfect”

“so it really wasn’t cancelled”

He whisper to himself

“pardon?”

“ah~ nothing, I just reminding myself of something, well, where is JR? I’m sure he’s with you right?”

He tried to change the subject.

YeonJoo just shrugged it off meaning that she couldn’t care less about her brother behaviour

“oh, he’s outside, chit chatting with HyoRin, so I guess I go observe the preparation now, anneyeong oppa”

She turned to leave when JinWoon stops her.

“chakaman, Yeonjoo-ah”

“deh oppa?”

“do you by any chance knows someone’s name’s Rian?”

YeonJoo’s face suddenly shocked and light up. JinWoon starts smiling, his hope’s came back.

“OH MY GOSH OPPA, she’s my middle school’s bestfriend, but she moved to Busan during highschool, oh god, how do you know her oppa? Did she contact you or something?”

YeonJoo asks excitedly.

JinWoon frowns again, okay, maybe not.

“aniya, the name’s suddenly pops out, that’s why I’m asking”

“oh, is that so? Then I guess I better get going”

She said walking out. The moment YeonJoo steps out, JinWoon started to panic.

“ this is insane, this is insane, how come everyone didn’t seem to remember Rian? Ah, the news, today’s news will be all about Rian.”

He quickly took the remote on his desk and turn on the television that hanging flatly on his office wall.

“if you look clearly, you can see the remarkable pattern on its skin”

Some animal shows, nope. Channel changes

Some 5 years old or something with tutus and ballet dresses, nope. Channel changes

“this will not be the last you heard of me,,I WILL BE BACK”

Some freaky psycho killer  movie, nope. Channel changes.

“entertainment news, today at exactly 8pm, the Oz entertainment company will holds an event to introduce the debut of their new girls idol group called T-Ara, eventhough the event is yet to be started, we can see reporters and everyone that’s involve in entertainment had makes their way to Oz Grand Ballroom located in Oz company themselves. Everyone are excited and anxious to see this new group and to hear what president of Oz Director Jung JinWoon had to say about their new artists”

Turn offs TV.

“this is mindfreak, this is mindblowing, what the heck’s happening here?”

He tries to focus on the last thing he remembers before HyoRin wakes him up to this very confusing alter universe world.

“the pictures! The albums”

He quickly said and makes his way to the rack where he put the album.

“strange, the album’s still here, guess I’m not crazy”

He took one of the albums and examines the content. He then close it back.

“of course, if everyone forget about it, how come there’s been evident of existences at all”

He said frustrated when the inside of the album seem to changes into pictures of him and his friend and family, ‘surprisingly’ no Rian at all inside.

“well let see if everyone really forget about her”

He took the phone and dialled a number that he had long remembered, first ring unanswered, second ring... third ring... he’s getting his hope down now, fourth ring..... and finally

“yoboseyeo”

A woman answered. YES! He thought.

“oh yoboseyeon, om er Mrs. Lee right?”

He was about to call her omonim like he always did, but decided not to, as far as he knows right now, everyone he knows doesn’t know Rian, and she never be an artist, either that or she never died but never met him also.

“ah deh, its me alright, who is this?”

“ermm, I’m actually from a company called Oz Entertainment, do you know that madam? “

“ owh the very famous company with that young good looking guy as the CEO right?”

“yes mam, that’s the one”

“aigoo, why do the company called me? I think I’m a little old for your boss company now” she chuckles at her own jokes.

“well, as you know, we always find a new face, new people to become artist and represent us, well, I must say that your daughter, Lee Ji kyung had show an amazing performances during the auditions and our boss think that she would be perfect to be an artist”

Well, a little white lie won’t hurt, he figures.

“oh I’m sorry darling, I only have a pair of twin sons, and they still young, I don’t have any daughter, I think you might had got the wrong number”

“are sure madam? Are you certain?”

“yes I am, though I always wish that I had a daughter, I always imagine that she would become a great big sister and help me with my twin boys you know, hehe, owh I’m sorry I’m not the person you looking for, or in this case, the mother you’re looking for, things like this happen you know, people always misdial a number”

“well, thanks for everything mam, have a nice day”

“you too darling, you too”

‘okay, I’m officially going crazy, did Rian ever existed or not? But if it all just a dream, it’s a one hell long of dream, every stories is there? Or I’m just thinking it’s there? I mean every single things is blank right now.’

“well, I guess I just have to roll with it today and hopefully tomorrow’s all this insanity will be over and all that’s left is clarity.”
 

He finally said after a long minutes of thinking and wondering, he decided to let the day passed and he’ll figured what to do the next day. So with determination to just finish his day and went to sleep and hopefully he’ll wake up from this crazy dream, he changes his clothes and getting himself ready for the event.

Not long after, HyoRin came as she promised, prepared to bring him to the event.

“are you ready?”

“I think so”

He said and ready to walks out when HyoRin stops her.

“chakaman, chakaman”

“what is it?”

“where’s your cufflinks? Why didn’t you wear any?”

He stares down at his hand

“oh yeah, I forgot, don’t worry, I always kept a pair in my drawer”

He turns back to his desk and open his drawer, he then stops midair.

“hurry up boss”

“don’t worry I’m the boss”

He said fastening the cufflinks to his suits and walks away with HyoRin by her side.

On the way to the event.

‘ what the heck? If this whole Rian, murderers, fiancé things is just a dream and imagination of mine, why the heck is that crystal piano stills there?’

“Director Jung, sits here first, this is the waiting room, you see there? The T-Ara girls, your cue to go in is after a few moment they went in  arasso?”

HyoRin had got her secretary mode again as they were in professional event’s right now.

“I need to be inside to take charge of matters, you’ll be fine okay?”

After that she left JinWoon. JinWoon just give her a small nods, he’s still thinking about the insanity of what’s happening, which is real? Which is illusion? He doesn’t know. Then he spotted a very familiar face among the T-Ara’s girls. He quickly went to them.

“Rian” he called, he touch the said shoulder to grab her attention.

The woman turns around, slightly confuses, but smiles nevertheless “I’m sorry Director Jung, but I think you got the wrong person, I’m not Rian”

“what?”

He asked confused.

“anneyeong, T-Ara  Jiyeon imnida” she bows and so also her groups members.

The end.................

[190714hani © thehoneyhani]