What Fate Want

I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me

What fate wants?

“So this is what you wanted to show me? This is what you wanted me to remember? That I’d die and you’re here to take me away?”

The messenger continues to wear his calm expression.

“Like I said, I cannot tell you anything, there’s reason you were asked to come here, and there’s also reason on why you are still in this human world”

He said calmly, Rian continues to sob, but she remains quiet.

“and the reason lies in there”

He pointed to JinWoon’s office.

“come with me”

He said when she finally settle down and stop sobbing, she just follow him weakly. They went inside JinWoon’s office, he was looking on a photo album. She recognizes them, it was their album, it was their memories, pictures filled with sweet memories.

“Rian-ah” Jinwoon weakly said, he caressed her picture, his eyes filled with love and lost. It such a painful sights for Rian.

“Jinwoonie” she said slowly, tears threaten to fall from her eyes again,

“Rian” he said softly, Rian already started to sobs, “why did this happen to us? We’re almost there, towards our perfect happy ending, why does fate play such a cruel things to us?”

He asks no one in particular, his thumb slowly and gently caressed Rian’s face on the photo.

With that, Rian couldn’t hold it any longer, she starts crying loudly, tears keep streaming down her already puffed eyes and wet cheeks.

“how will I pass my days and nights now Rian? Tell me, how do I do it now?”

He ask again, not bothering to cover the tears that falls to his cheeks, only a cold hearted person won’t be affected by the death of their loved ones, so he got nothing to hide.

Rian, not caring that he couldn’t see her, nor that he could feels her touch, went to him and back hugged him.

“don’t say that, don’t say that you couldn’t live without me, you have to live, no matter what, you have to be happy again, I’m sure, as much as I hate to admit it, you will find a new love, and you will be happy without me, because you got that new person to love, and it doesn’t matter if you forget me after that, because you’re happy, that’s what matter, you will be happy, you must to”

She said sobbing while hugging him tightly, her hair falls to his side, but of course he couldn’t sense nor see it. Both of them were crying, the scene was heart breaking, even the angels were crying, the feeling of losing someone we love and have to see them torn apart because of us is really a scene that we don’t want to see, even for the angels. Because no matter how much we love someone, we will always pray for their happiness even if it because of someone else, because it’s better that they are smiling because of someone else rather than crying because of us.

And that’s what Rian thought, she rather see JinWoon smile to someone else than to cry for him. And that’s when she prays, with all her heart, that they were someone out there that can bring back the smile to JinWoon’s face. Let JinWoon forgets about all the sorrow and forgets all about her if it what it takes to take away the tears and sadness from him. And if she still in this world when that happen, she will be a happy ghost, lonely but happy.

Unknown to them, even to the messenger SiWoo, that during that time, a star were lighted, if stars were lighted, its means that someone’s prays had been heard, that’s why the skies are filled with shining stars, they all represent the prays that had been heard from the humans, the sincere and filled with hope prayers that wish for somebody else matter and not a selfish prayer, prayers that wish to help someone else and not themselves. Because, only honest, true, filled with hope and selfless prayers will be heard and will be shine as a star.

Rian continues to hug him while he continues to watch the photos of them together

“You’re always the one that will hug me first, and no matter how taller I am than you, you always back hugged me, it’s your favourite thing to do”

He put a hand on his shoulder, as if sensing she was there, as if he was trying to touch her hand that was on his shoulder, but that’s the cruel words, AS IF. Because he doesn’t know, he cannot senses it, she’s a ghost, she’s no longer belong to his world, and she will never wanted him to be in her world, well not for now, she want him to grow old, not die young like herself.

He then took out the crystal piano, but it’s too much for him to bear, he cries while hugging that crystal piano, how couldn’t he? That was their symbol of love, the only thing that can calm them down when they were having a fight, the only thing that will remind them of their true love whenever they felt like they couldn’t do it anymore, their monument, their love representation.

Rian also couldn’t take it anymore, she stands up, walks pass through JinWoon’s desk and stands still a few inch in front of SiWoo , she looks at SiWoo with teary face

“please, why do you torture us? What do you want me to do? Why bring me here? Why didn’t you just bring me to wherever that you need to bring me and just let him forget about me? Why don’t you do it? Why do we have to go through all this?”

She asked sobbing, the messenger SiWoo can only give her a pity look, he also knows the pain and hurt of losing someone, why does he even agree to become a messenger? It’s because only by being a messenger he can travel to the human world, even though he couldn’t do anything, at least he can visit, maybe not for long, but for a while, visit the love of his life, the person he had die protecting, his lover. Like JinWoon, at first she can’t comprehend with his death, and the fact that he died while trying to protect her are making things worse, but time heals everything, by continuing watching her and secretly and discreetly helping her to go through life (well not much he can do as he’s living in another world now), the smile had return to her beautiful cute face, yes, she did cry alone at night sometimes, and still ‘talking’ to him about her day let it be her thought or by writing letter to him which she can’t send or by calling him even if she knows she’ll be hearing the operator voice again and again, but at least she’s smiling and laughing with her friends now, and slowly but surely she had open her heart to love again. And there’s this one guy who really interested with her and willing to do anything for her, now he just have to create a perfect moment for them together, he’s not interfering with the destiny, he just making sure its happen. Well enough about him now, this story is not about him, it’s about the two young couple who’s madly in love in front of him.

He continues to stare at Rian’s with that pity looks on his face, how can he answer her when he himself doesn’t know the exact situations? If he doesn’t know any better he’ll say that God is just some sadist who enjoys seeing people in tears.

Just when he’s about to open his mouth to say to that poor young just become ghost lady that he doesn’t exactly know either, he heard wailing from the young man, JinWoon, turning their heads and attention to him, both were shock to see that, all of the couple photos were slowly disappearing, Rian’s eyes went big and she quickly went back to JinWoon’s who’s desperately trying to stop that from happening and obviously failing.

“andwae! Andwae! Andwae! Andwae! ANDWAE!!!”

She shouted as she tries to cover the photos with her hands, but it’s no use, the photos disappeared anyway. She was crying miserably right now. JinWoon were the same. Both are in state of shock and panic.

“WHAT IS IT NOW? WHAT’S HAPPENING??” she shouted to SiWoo

“DO YOU ENJOY TORTURING PEOPLE? WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?? TELL ME!!”

She demanded when SiWoo seems to ignore her and were focusing on something else, indeed he was, they were a faint sound giving instructions to him, but no one can hear them, only the intended person can hear them, in this case, only SiWoo can hear them, he already used with that faint sound it didn’t bother him anymore like it used to be during the earlier time he becomes messenger. He listens to that faint sound carefully, not missing any details and instructions.

Suddenly it becomes blurry, JinWoon’s office seem to be slowly lit with enormous blazing light that its hurts the eyes, squinting her eyes, Rian tries to look at SiWoo and demands more answers from him, where he just stood there calmly, and smirking, the blazing lights didn’t have any effect on him at all. He continues to wear the smirk, with hands in his pockets, trying to look cool, he then said with his usual annoying calm voice. “Perhaps, your wish had been answered, and perhaps there’s still hope and faith in love.” With that, the office becomes totally bright with the white shining rays all over, and the scene, and most importantly the two no longer mortal people were gone, swallowed by the shining ray of light.

To be continued...


A sneak preview

“Rian” he called, he touch the said shoulder to grab her attention.

The woman turns around, slightly confuses, but smiles nevertheless “I’m sorry Director Jung, but I think you got the wrong person, I’m not Rian”

Now he was confuses, he was so sure he saw Rian, but did he? Or is it some kind of day dreaming of his? He doesn’t know what reality or what fantasy anymore, he was torn apart, torn apart and confused. Can someone help him?

[140614hani (C) thehoneyhani]


a/n : so that was it, finally an update hehe, tell me what you guys think? I’ll tell you, this chapter is very emotional for me to write, I almost cry, I’m not lying, the tears had already pools in the corner of my eyes. So some reviews/comments will be very useful to make me happy again,, hehe well,, we are almost coming to an end, it will be just another chapter or maybe two, not more than that. But I tell you, I’m very busy right now, got university activities (yes with ES, meaning plurals) to do and right now its final exam oh gosh i need to study OTL
but don’t worry, its Saturday right now and my next paper is on Wednesday, so yeah,, I need some break from all that science weird looking facts books hehehehehe...