Chapter 10

Prey

 

"Mr. K..." Taeyeon called out while running towards him.

Mr. K was surprised with someone calling him suddenly, turning his body only to find a petite girl that he passed the message to earlier, running anxiously towards him.

"Can I know what's that girl name?" Taeyeon asked hurriedly while gasping for breath, constantly keeping an eye on her right.

Mr. K looked towards the direction where Taeyeon was looking, "You are asking me?"

Taeyeon quickly nodded her head, "Please..." She begged while looking at her right again, "Before she find out I am missing..." 

Mr.K scrutinized Taeyeon under his black glasses carefully, "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"She won't tell me. She's one stubborn girl."

Mr.K tilted his head with a slight hint of smile on his face, finding the situation interesting, "What makes you think I will be telling you her name? You are going to be dead anyway."

"At least..." She fidgeted the hem of her shirt, "Knowing her name compared to knowing nothing at all sounds better..."

Mr.K was amazed by her answer, "But I had to apologize, we cannot share our names to you. It's one of the policy."

"As you said, I am going to be dead anyway!" She slightly raised her voice, finding the whole policy thing ridiculous. "So, what's the big deal of not telling me?"

"I have to say..." He took off his black glasses, "You are one interesting person... No wonder I can see that she's starting to become less uptight with all these, slowly letting her guard down which is not a good thing for her..."

"Not a good thing?" She grimaced, "You want her to be a psychopathic killer instead? Heartless, and almost lose her humanity?"

"I cannot help it, I am just a trader, it's our master."

Taeyeon clutched her fist at the mention of that bloody bastard again who tried to ruin her life and the other.

"By the way, I think you better get back to her." He pointed his finger towards the girl who was now looking for Taeyeon before he chuckled another, "Honestly, I am surprised she actually let you stroll on your own."

She looked at the direction he pointed before she sulked, feeling disappointed in her failure, "Thank you anyway..." Taeyeon quickly took a bow before leaving, "You are nice to talk to actually"

Her gesture surprised the other, never had he experienced someone so polite like her before in his field of business, so easygoing, smooth and well-mannered.

This kid...
He curved a smile at the corner of his mouth, decided to change his mind after seeing her sincere gesture, 

"Tiffany... Her name is Tiffany." He said in the last minute. 

Taeyeon showed an okay sign in the air to him, indicating she managed to hear it while running towards the car park.

Taeyeon was glad that the other didn't realize her brief conversation with Mr.K when she rushed back towards the car park.

"Where did you go?" She crossed her arm, feeling slightly frustrated for looking all over the nearby area.

"To the washroom..." She made up a lie while continued gasping for breath. 

"Next time, inform me." She was displeased with her answer, getting into the car moodily before closing the door harshly.

"Al-alright." She smiled awkwardly before going to the front seat.

Taeyeon did not dare to say much in the car, only occasionally looking at the other worriedly, her brows were all brought together, the girl was clearly concerned about something. Ever since she saw her received that note, her mood changed, back to her original state where she first knew her, cold, unresponsive and void of feeling.

The atmosphere in the car was silent and solemn, a hint of sadness was shown in the other's face. There was a huge disparity within her when they were heading to the amusement park compared to the current, Taeyeon realized while looking at the girl beside her. She was totally drown with her worries.

When the car started to turn into the nearest junction without slowing down after the displayed of red from the traffic light, Taeyeon started to sense something amiss,

"Ehrm... Ti... Ti..." She had a hard time pronouncing her name while trying to warn about the incoming cars from the other side, till she immediately shouted loudly at a last minute, "Stop! Stop! Car!!! There's car coming!!!"

She abruptly halted the break violently, throwing their bodies forward, almost crashing into the mirror if not for the seatbelt holding them back.

The driver in the white car who almost crashed into Taeyeon, continued to press the car horn viciously before winding down his window, throwing vulgar words and showing his middle finger to them. The vulgar words were all too repulsive and vile to listen at, cursing them non-stop, it was all deathly. The bald man beside the driver also participated with the swearing, harassing them with his filty words.

Before Taeyeon could even realized what was happening, the other girl harshly wound down the window and furiously shooted the bald man in the head five times as if he was made from tofu before pointing towards the driver.

Taeyeon experienced the biggest shock in her entire life, not even when her dog suddenly passed away, nor even when the dagger was almost in ... She saw blood splattered out violently towards the white interior of the car, the mirror and some on the driver's and her face. It was all so apparent in front of her, the clear white interior was masked with blood-red all over the front seats. It was gory and terrifying, some of the blood continued to flow out from his head.  

The driver immediately shut his mouth up and trembled with fear. His body and hands were quivering non-stop while looking at her with endless fright, ready to pull the trigger in his face without mercy. Her rage had completely took control of her as her brown orbs turned into pitch black as Taeyeon realized the similarity when she was experiencing in near-death. -Souless, and empty.

"Ti..." Taeyeon whispered suddenly with her soft voice. She slowly reached out her arms towards the raging woman.

"Ti... Ti..." She tried so hard to overcome the difficulties of her pronounciation while gently approached her.

"Ti... pa... ni..." She finally called out her name in her own way.

The woman looked at her with surprised.

"Tipani..." She gently called out again while slowly lowered down the gun in her hand.

The woman continued to stare at Taeyeon with disbelief while the orbs in her eyes slowly returned to hazel brown. Almost extincted to her ears, she thought she won't be hearing her name again. All her business partners used only her initial, even her master. At that particular moment, she cannot believe what she was hearing, she was unable to react when the blonde girl suddenly called out her name, the way how she gently tried to call out in her own way of pronounciation despite the difficulties moved her completely.

Taeyeon shot a look to the driver while slightly moved her head, demanded him to leave quickly.

The driver immediately nodded his head several times while still in fright before driving off in high speed.

The other was in the urge of breaking down after she heard her calling out her name for the first time. Till now, her name still sounded so foreign in her own ears, coupled with the pressure and worries she was trying to suppress earlier, she was trapped in the verge of despair. 

Taeyeon cupped her face tenderly while looking into her eyes, "Tipani ar... Hear me... You are going to be alright..." She whispered softly while gently her cheeks with her thumb pads.

Tears started to form at the corner of her eyes at the sight of her tender gaze and gestures before Taeyeon whispered another, "You are not alone... Tipani ar, I am here..." She wiped out the tears rolling down her cheeks with her thumbs attentively.

Taeyeon felt the girl in front of her was beautiful even when she was hurting inside, finally showing all her flaws only to her,  even in a sh-tty situation like this, so messed up and  screwed up, Taeyeon felt the girl was the most beautiful person she ever met, so fragile and broken inside despite the brutal acts she displayed.

"Let's go home... alright, tipani?" She tugged a strand of hair behind Tiffany's ear.

She shook her head while burying her head into her chest.

Taeyeon figured she might be afraid to go back, immediately suggesting another, "Then let's go to the Han river. I am sure you will like it." She her hair gently.

She nodded against her chest.

Taeyeon waited for her to calm herself down while continued her hair, ignoring the constant car horn from the other cars behind them. 

She heard the soft cried eventually died down slowly the longer she her hair, soothing the girl before the girl lifted up her head, looking at her with her soft eyes.

"Please cover my heart..."

She smiled while her thumbs her cheeks tenderly.

 

 

Taeyeon had tamed the beast within her.