Meeting Sungkyu's Parents

His Voice...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you guys go up, you are greeted by Sungkyu's dad first. The party is just a get-together celebrating Sungkyu and his older sister. Woohyun and you bow to Sungkyu's dad and Woohyun and him clasp hands. "Nice to see you and your girlfriend, Woohyun-ah. We're glad you could make it."

"Ye, kamsahamnida." You both bow back to Sungkyu's dad and then move on to the mother so the people behind can be greeted.

"Omo, Woohyun-ah. You've gotten so handsome." She says while you and Woohyun bow. She quickly remembers to be respectful and slightly nods her head instead of bowing. Then she asks Woohyun something. Her lips are a bit difficult to read. Then she looks at you and her lips move too rapidly for you. You feel a tremor of Woohyun responding and you turn to him. You read him say to Sungkyu's mom, "Could you speak a little slower?"

"Waeyo? Is something wrong with your hearing?" she smiles as if jokingly.

You don't know how to respond immediately because she seems to be a very preppy woman who likes to make crude jokes. There is a slightly awkward tension in the beautiful air. You look to Woohyun who bites his lips. "Ye. She's deaf," he says. He's not ashamed, but you can tell he's upset. By what, you're not sure. You being deaf has never bothered him before...

She puts on an obviously fake shocked face. You were uncomfortable with Sungkyu's mother's falseness. "O-omo! I didn't know that! I'm so very sorry for your loss."

"Gwenchanayo a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter