Love and Fire

His Voice...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walk together hand in hand to the beach, the water lapping at your ankles every few seconds. Your arms swing loosley as your fingers clutch to each other. You see the dim light of the fading embers and sit down on the love couch with WooHyun. He puts an arm around you and you nestle into the side of his chest. 

You feel a tremor run through his body and ask, "Oppa, are you cold?"

"Calling me oppa now?" he breaks into a grin and continues, "I'll be cold everyday if you call me that."

You huff a smile and then get up,"I'll start the fire up again."

But Woohyun grabs your waist and pulls you down to the couch. "You don't have to, let's just sit with the little heat we have. It's not cold out."

You sit back down and he rests his hand on your leg, but in a comfortable way. You extend your leg into the sand. "What are you doing?" Woohyun says. 

You snag his shirt on the ground with your foot and then drag it back to you. Woohyun take his hand off your leg as you bend over and grab the shirt off the ground. You shake it for the light layer of sand and then hand it to him. 

"Put it on," you say. Woohyun obliges and throws his shirt on. Then you collapse on to his chest and he wraps his arm around your shoulder.

You both look at the embers in silence. He starts to fiddle with your hair that isn't really wet, but still had the slight cling of water to it. Your breathing gradually matches his. You smile, half of it smothered by his cotton shirt. 

You smile in happiness. The moment is so perfect. The rythym of the waves beating, the warm breeze enveloping the two of you, the light smell of the bonfire floating into the summer night, the warm sand trickling between your toes. 

Then you feel Woohyun shift. You look at him and he says, "The stars look beautiful tonight."

You join his gaze and you both see the sky full of star clusters and bright points. It takes your breath away and you sigh. You feel Woohyun stop playing with your hair and he rests his hand on your shoulder. You're both looking at the same silent sky and its beauty. 

Then a shooting star streaks across the sky a million kilometers away. "Oppa, did you see that?"

You feel him nod and you say, "Make a wish."

Your eyelids flutter close as you make an impossible wish:

Please let me hear Woohyun's voice. Just once.

You wait a moment and then ask, "Are you done wishing?"

"I didn't know what to wish for at first, butI'm done now."

"What did you wish for?" you ask as you get up so you can read his lips.

"I wished for the health of all my loved ones. How about you?" 

Woohyun was usually selfish, but his shooting star wish had been for others. You had wished for something so impossible and selfish, but you told him anyways. "I wished that I could hear your voice."

Woohyun stares at you, not moving. The silence is comfortable, but sad. You see him clear his voice and look at him expectantly. He forces a smile, "You know, all this time with you, I don't think I've ever sang for you. Just for you, with no one else around."

Of course he didn't sing for you. You can't hear him. But you play along, "You've never sang for your girlfriend? I don't think that's acceptable Woohyun."

He crosses his legs and turns to face you on the couch. You have one knee propped up with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter