To Be Trained

Night Warriors [Hiatus]

Chapter Three: To be trained

 

(Zelo)

 

Seul looked at each of us and gave a deep sigh. He had just told us that the Fallen are gathering to rise again yet we gave him no reactions.

 

What did he expect us to do? Shout for joy?

 

Surprisingly, Youngjae nodded his head. It was like he understood. As expected of the brains of Night Warrior Section B.

 

"I knew this would happen. The Fallen we have been fighting have been decreasing lately. It must be because they are gathering together somewhere. What do we have to do to stop them?" Youngjae asked placing a hand on his chin.

"You'll need to go on a mission. You are to search for the rumoured saviour. But before that, you need to train first." Seul told us.

"Train? Why do we need training? We've been on missions before." Yongguk said crossing his arms across his chest.

"Not like this one. You need to prepare your selves. This isn't like fighting one Fallen at a time. No. This time while you search for the rumoured saviour, you will fight not just one Fallen at a time. There are hundreds of them and you need to train your abilities if you want to finish your mission." Seul said.

 

We all looked at each other and nodded our heads. If Seul was serious, then we really need to train. I don't like the idea of someone else telling me what and what I should not do but this is an important mission, unlike any other mission we've had before.

 

"So everyone agrees to the training?" Seul asked us.

 

Like we have any other choice...

 

"I have one question... Who'll train us?" I asked out loud.

 

Seul smiled a little as if remembering something funny, before his face turned serious again.

 

"Section S of course." He told us.

"What? You want us to be trained by those loony’s? Are you crazy?" Himchan said, complaining as usual.

"I admit their methods are eccentric but it is also necessary. Meet me at the Mansion tomorrow morning. The training starts there." Seul said before disappearing.

 

Everyone was quiet after that. I guess all of us didn't like the idea of Section S training us but what Seul said was true. They are the best at what we do and no one could train us like they can. But they are a group that most people would never approach.

 

"I guess we will be having a very interesting... Mission." Daehyun said with a small laugh.

 

I rolled my eyes and forgot about everything else. Tomorrow was an important day and we need to prepare. There was no time to be fooling around.

 

I was the last to join Night Warriors Section B but I was the one with the longest training time as a Night Warrior. Which is why compared to Jongup whom I shared my abilities, I was able to use my ability more effectively. Having someone to train me is something I really didn’t want to do.

 

Isn’t two hundred years enough training?

Jeez!

 

Seul told us to meet him at the Star Manor the next day for our training. The others went on their separate ways once the meeting was over. I, having nowhere else to go followed Yongguk home. He was living a miserable life as a mortal and I pitied him. His human parents always compared him with his human twin brother. Even though Yongguk never said anything, I knew he must be hurting inside. I didn’t need to read his mind to know that.

 

Yongguk was the first one among the members to approach me. He always defended me against anyone that would bully me. He in one way or another became my saviour. Before the Night Warriors Section B and Yongguk, I knew nothing more than to eliminate my target. I didn’t care for human sentimentality.

 

After all…

We aren’t humans to begin with.

 

It is true that being angels we were created with the Creator’s love and our purpose was to love him. But we Night Warriors are different. We were made to fight and protect humans. It was our main purpose. We did our job as Night Warriors without any questions or doubt.

 

As long as it is what the Creator wishes…

We are to do it.

 

I sat on Yongguk’s window sill. I saw his mother sitting on the couch staring into space just like how I left her before. As soon as I saw Yongguk enter the living room, I snapped my fingers and returned his mother to her previous mental state. When she saw Yongguk, she reprimanded him again just like before. Yongguk did nothing but listen to her. He then handed her a note. It was a fake notice that his school was having a field trip. His mother looked at him then gave a deep sigh.

 

“Fine… do whatever you want. I’ve had it. I won’t care for you anymore. Just don’t influence your brother. I don’t want him to end up like you. Do you understand me Yongguk?” His mother said.

“Yes.” Yongguk replied nodding his head.

 

I wanted to tell his mother off. If she only knew what we were doing night after night, she wouldn’t be acting all high and mighty. In situations like these, I was glad that I wasn’t born into a human family like the others.

 

When Yongguk had gone up his room I tapped his window and he let me in.

 

“Are you going to spend the night here again?” Yongguk asked me raising an eyebrow.

“I thought you might need some company.” I told him smiling.

“You heard what she said, huh?” Yongguk asked.

 

He lied down on his bed and stretched his arms above his head. I sat down beside him. I said nothing. He looked at me then smiled a little.

 

“It’s nothing to be worried about. I knew I was unwanted right from the start. Besides, I’m not human unlike my human twin. Of course, he would be favoured by our human parents.” Yongguk said shrugging his shoulders..

“Are you happy?... You know… being with humans?” I asked him.

“Sometimes… you can learn a lot from them.” Yongguk said.

“What can you possibly learn from humans?” I asked him again.

“A lot, like forgiveness… patience… although I must admit those two are difficult to do.” Yongguk replied.

“We angels have that too, you know.” I said.

“It’s different with humans. I can’t explain it in words. You’ll have to experience it yourself.” Yongguk said yawning.

 

It didn’t take long for Yongguk to fall asleep. I on the other hand was restless all throughout the night. There were a lot of things going on in my head.

 

The mission…

The training…

The humans involved…

The Fallen…

The rumoured saviour…

 

All of these thoughts occupied my mind. Yongguk said that you can learn a lot from human beings. I guess he is right, though I don’t quite understand. Humans were the Creator’s favourite and being his favourite, there must be something different about them.

 

Maybe this mission is what is needed for my questions to be answered.

 

_____________________________________________

Hi guys!

Finally updated this after like forever? 

What will happen to Zelo and the others when their training starts? Who are the members of Section S? Will they be able to get along with each other?

Stay tuned for more!

Love you guys!

Peace!

Seul Young

1.13.14