Heartbreaker

Project: Eve [Hiatus]

 

 

The following day, Sohee got up early to go to school. On her way out, she hoped to meet GD along the street.

“GD!” Sohee shouted as she ran out of the house, but a car quickly passed before her that she had to stop walking because she was almost hit.

The car then slowed down when it reached GD. Who could it be? Sohee thought. The windows of the car were heavily tinted that she didn’t see who was riding it.

GD turned to the car as the driver rolled down the window. GD took off his earphones and bent so that he and whoever was driving the car were on the same eye level. They talked for a few seconds. Sohee even saw GD nod for a couple of times before the car left. GD smiled as he waved to the person inside the car.

“Who was that?” Sohee suddenly appeared behind GD.

He turned, a bit surprised. “Oh, Sohee.”

“Who was that?” Sohee asked again, staring at the car as it drove away.

“Oh, that?” GD looked at the direction of the car, “That’s my mom.”

Sohee turned to him, “Your mom?”

“Yeah,” He chuckled, “I just that didn’t I?” He smiled and started walking.

Sohee followed.

“She asked me if she could drop me off to school.” GD explained even though Sohee didn’t ask.

“Why didn’t you just go with her?”

He smiled, “Well, I was hoping I’d see you so... I told her I’m fine and that she could go.”

Sohee smiled shyly as she blushed.

GD put his two hands behind him and tilted his head to see her face, “Aren’t you glad that I didn’t go with her?”

She smiled, “There’s the bus, I’ll be going now.”

“Of course,” GD chuckled, “Take care!”

“You too!” Sohee shouted as she boarded the bus.

As usual, she went to the end of the bus and sat there. She was deep in thoughts when she looked out the window and saw GD waving at her. She smiled and waved back.


 

At school, Sohee was unable to concentrate with the lessons, not that she wanted to though, but she kept on thinking about GD. When it was already dismissal, Sohee immediately picked up her things and left. Her classmates were a bit shocked as she was always the last one left in the room.

“Sohee, you’re leaving already?” One of her female classmates asked.

Sohee was surprised that they cared. When she turned, everyone was looking at her as if they’re waiting for an answer. “Uhm, yeah.” She said.

“She must be meeting her boyfriend.” One at the back of girl commented.

“What? Boyfriend?” She laughed.

“We heard that a really cute - no, slash that - hot guy went to see you yesterday.” Another girl said quite intriguingly.

Sohee laughed, “No, no, you don’t understand. He’s just...”

“Sohee,” One girl cut her, “We don’t care who he is. We’re just glad that you’re socializing now.” Then the girl smiled.

Sohee didn’t know what to say, “Uhm, thanks. I should be going.” At that, she left.

She rode the first bus she saw and rushed to the back. She sat there quite confused. Am I really that weird? She messed her hair in irritation. That was so embarrassing! So, all this time, they’re thinking how I’m such an introvert. She shoved the thought away as she got ready to go down the bus.

“So, this is Yang Hyun Suk University?” She smiled as she stood in front of the school’s entrance. The students looked at her as they passed, but Sohee ignored them. For some reason, when it comes to her job, she feels more confident of herself.

“Do you need to see someone ma’am?” The school’s security officer asked.

“I’m here to see Kwon Jiyong. Is there any way you can contact him and tell him that someone’s waiting for him here?” She said.

The officer smiled, “You must be his new girlfriend.”

Sohee was annoyed. Why does everyone keep on saying that we’re together? Ugh! She tried to contain herself and spoke politely, “Will you please just go look for him? If it’s okay with you.”

The officer suddenly remembered himself, “Oh, yes ma’am. I will go look for him now.”

“Thank you.” She smiled and sat at a chair in the lobby.

After a few minutes of waiting, Sohee finally saw GD. He was with a bunch of friends, chatting happily that he wasn’t able to notice her immediately. She stood up and started to walk towards him, then GD finally saw her.

His mouth dropped, “Sohee, what are you doing here?”

She smiled, “Aren’t you glad to see me?”

“Of course I am.” GD smiled.

“Okay, we’re leaving!” GD’s friends said, teasing them.

“Yeah, you should.” GD said.

“Introduce us to her next time.” One of his friends whispered to him. GD just laughed.

“So, how about you treat me to something this time.” Sohee said.

GD smiled, “Of course. Let’s go.”

As they walked outside the school, GD couldn’t stop himself from smiling.

Sohee chuckled, “What’s wrong?”

“Do I look crazy?” GD asked, still grinning.

“Well, if you tell me the reason behind that crazy smile, then maybe I would reconsider.” She said.

He laughed, “I’m sorry.” His grin then turned to a sweet smile, “I’m just really happy that you came to see me today.”

She smiled, “That actually comes with a payment.”

GD laughed, “Fine, I’ll treat you to something nice today”

“You really should!” Sohee smiled.

 

I know this took a while, but I hope you like it :)) What do you think of these two?

Oh, let me just add.. Thanks to all the new subscribers that I was not able to personally message yet. I'm really sorry. I'm only using my sister's laptop so usage is limited. I hope you all understand. Thank you so much! :*