Chanyeol!! Come Home!!

Snips, Snails, and Puppy Love Tales

 

 

"Hey guys! Where are you? Its time for lunch!” Chanyeol’s owner Baekhyun called from the kitchen, as he gently set down bowls of food and water for his pets. Sehun and Tao slowly sauntered into the kitchen, ready to eat but Kris watched the outside through the large screen door, seeing if Chanyeol was somehow out there.

 

“You know the food’s over here right..?” The Slender Siamese commented with a mouth full of food while Tao snickered.

“Maybe he’s finally gone stupid from all those dramas he watches with Jongdae?”

Kris growled at the stuck up felines before walking over, pulling his food bowl close to himself and eating a bit.

“I’ll have you know that tv dramas are interesting and way better than that american reality tv that that Baekhyun Kid and you guys watch. You can’t even tell them apart and someone’s always screaming about baby daddies.”

Tao huffed and turned his head which made Kris grin, but it was short lived when he saw Baekhyun feeding the rodents and Chanyeol was still nowhere to be found.

“Where is that stupid dog? He’s not the type to skip out on lunch…”

With a large gulp Kris walked over to the small rodent’s cage and knocked on it with his large paw.

“Hey, you two, Have you seen Chanyeol?” Kris barked which made the small animals jump, Xiumin even squeaked and fell over.

“Nice.. Look at what you made him do! What do you want dog?” Luhan sassed while he scurried over the glass in front of Kris and was about to give him another piece of his mind before the both heard a weird sound.

Both looking around before Luhan face plamed.. Facepawed? Either way he sighed in annoyance as he and Kris looked over and saw that Xiumin was choking on a Sunflower seed. Again.

“Why can’t you go a day without filling your cheeks past its limits!! You’re only 6 inches long you can’t fit a lot in there!!” Luhan Squeaked a he went over to help out his cage mate.

Kris rolled his eyes as he waited for the grey and black hamster to dislodge the seed from his windpipe, But in his mind all he could think of is Where Chanyeol went and is he doing okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally getting away from the crazy human, Jongup and Chanyeol stopped to rest a bit, Panting heavily the two looked at each other before Zelo let out a loud laugh.

“Hahaha!! You guys should’ve seen that guy trying to keep with you! He was running so fast that he looked like a.. a… uh. what’s that big bird that runs fast on that show we like to watch?”

Zelo looked at Jongup who was laying flat against the concrete with his tongue hanging out. He shifted his glance to his friend and closed his eyes to think of what the name.

“I think his name was Speedy Runner? Birdy Runner? Something like that I think. I can’t remember, but I know Himchannie will know!”

The small shiba inu suddenly got very excited and wagged his tail while the golden doodle rolled his eyes a bit.

“You know Himchan doesn’t know everything Jongup, you should ask Youngjae or Yongguk.”

“No way! Himchan knows more than them! He said so!”

“He says that even when he’s wrong!”

“Nu-uh!”

“Yeah-hu!”

As the two pups argued Chanyeol looked around and realized that they were probably very far away from his house. Where he lived, there were lush yards of grass and neatly done structures, where they were now looked very dark and the house looked very broken. He wondered if anyone even lived around here but almost too soon did chanyeol get his answer.

Loud snarls, piercing eyes and claws clicking against the hard ground underneath their paws, Teeth were being bared and Chanyeol had no idea what to do, he saw the two pups he had come with shivering in fear next to each other and he knew he had to try and keep them safe. So Chanyeol growled back and used his body to shield Zelo and Jongup, claws ready to fight and teeth showing to let the enemy that he wasn’t going to back down. Oh how he wished he wasn’t such a goodie goodie as he saw the pack of dogs run towards him and he knew there was no turning back now.

Chanyeol stood his ground and barked loudly, hoping that he could scare off the band of foreign dogs back he was quickly charged at. Four dogs run out of the shadows; A husky ran over and grabbed one of Chanyeol’s front leg while two more dogs; A Labrador and Border Collie grabbed his hind legs and all of them flipped chanyeol onto his back. He yelped in fear as a large and muscular pitbull came walking over and snarled lowly.

“W-Wait!? What is all this about! I-I didn’t mean to come to your territory! I’m just trying to get these pups home! Please, you’ve gotta believe me!” Chanyeol tried to wiggle away but the teeth in his limbs only sank in deeper. Closer and closer the pitbull walked before letting out a loud growl and biting down onto Chanyeol’s neck. Chanyeol could feel his windpipe being closed. It was hard to breathe and everything became blurry for Chanyeol.

“STOP!!”

Almost as soon as it started all the teeth that were piercing his skin let go. Chanyeol quickly got his feet even if blood seeped through his white fur but he was surprised to see the loud uproar came from Zelo and Jongup. The two pups walked over to the attackers and surprised Chanyeol even more when they pushed the others down with their paws.

Soon the fierce hounds looked more calm and confused. The pitbull looked over at Chanyeol before speaking up. “So you were just trying to bring these two home?.... I’m sorry, all of us are. It's just that these two are our pups and we don’t want them getting hurt.”

“Heh it’s all good, I mean the whole attacking thing was hard to deal with but yes, I saw that Zelo was hurt and Jongup was having a hard time trying to get him up so I helped him out.” Chanyeol looked over at Zelo who was sitting but kept his right leg just above the ground.

“Well I got them here mostly not hurt.” Chanyeol quietly whispered but was was heard and the husky flattened his ears and glared.

“Did you hurt Zelo?! Why I oughta-!” Jongup stood in front the husky and barked loud enough to make him wide eyed.

“Himchan stop! Zelo Got hurt with me when we stole some food! He got hit by a car! Chanyeol didn’t hurt him!” The husky, now named Himchan, sat still and sighed. “Fine but i’m going to have to keep an eye on you two from now on.” A loud gruff sound came the Border collie and he stood up and stared at the alleyway’s opening. “We need to get out of here.” The other 5 dogs quickly leapt to their feet and quickly ran and hid where they could, even Zelo with his paw badly hurt he ran almost like lighting.

Chanyeol was left alone and didn’t know what to do but before you know it there was a large man wearing gloves and a paper mask that people wear when they’re sick. He coughed loudly before letting out a cackling laugh as he grabbed and lifted the spaniel by his red collar.

“I bet you’d make good money if I sold you to my dealer, he loves dogs hehe.” Chanyeol was scared, he’s never seen A human like this but he knew he wasn’t a good one. He wiggled and twisted his body just enough to lash out and bit the man’s face.

The man tossed Chanyeol onto the ground and bled all over his face, Chanyeol took this chance to run down the alley, and the alley dogs all looked at each other and ran after Chanyeol while the man was turned around. He’s had enough adventure for one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been 6 hours since anyone had seen Chanyeol, Baekhyun had started to get worried so he and Chen had gotten into the car to search but Kris had a hunch that they wouldn’t be able to find him.

He looked at the door and shook his head. “I can’t believe i’m going out to find that dumb dog!” Kris was about to leave out the doggie dog when Sehun spoke up. “Are you going out there alone? Why not take me and Tao, we can help you better then you just going out there by yourself.” Tao walked over and nodded in agreement. Kris looked at the felines and sighed as he knew that they were right.

“Fine but if you two get lost i’m not looking for you and you’ll have to find your own way back!” Kris walked over to the hamster cage as the two rodents stared up at the german shepherd with confusion on their tiny faces. “You two are staying here and keeping an eye out for Chanyeol.”

Kris opened the cage with his teeth and let the two climb on his back and held onto his fur. “No way!! We're going too!! Chanyeol is our family too!” Luhan said with attitude.

“My dream has finally come true!” Xiumin exclaimed while Luhan looked at then rolling his eyes. “Let’s go dog! I don’t want to be out there when it gets dark.” And with a low groan he, the double trouble cats and the rats ran out the doggie door.

The investigation was starting very cold, they didn’t even know where to start. That was until Kris picked the scent of the spaniel. “Come on guys! let's get going!” Kris leaped into a full run while Sehun and Tao were right behind him and Luhan tried to hold on while Xiumin squealed in happiness at the fact he’s getting to ride a dog.

“PABOOO!!” Was the only thing Luhan said as the held onto Kris’s fur but Xiumin could careless as he held on paw in the air like a cowboy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though he had started running first Chanyeol found the pitbull running past him and stopping him right in his tracks. Chanyeol was panting hard and and panicked as the others followed up and panting from running as far as they did.

“Hey pup, you were pretty awesome back there! Heh, at first I was going to send you home but I think you’ll be allowed in our hide out, at least till tomorrow so you start out fresh, and I bet you’re hungry too right?” the pitbull gave a gentle giant smile to Chanyeol.

“I am! I’m starving!” The chocolate lab barked with his tail wagging. “You’re always hungry Daehyun.” The border collie, Youngjae, rubbed against Daehyun as the others laughed causing the the Lab to pout and walked ahead of the group. Chanyeol was about protest but didn’t because he knew the pitbull was right, staying out at night like this would be a bad idea so with a weak nod and sheepish smile Chanyeol got up and followed the pack of stray dogs.

“So.. what are your names? and how’d end up out here..?” The simple question went unanswered, scared he had offended the stray dogs he looked at each of them a bit closer they all had scarring on their bodies, and with a gulp chanyeol guessed these dogs were more dangerous than he thought. He was about to say something else to change the subject but he soon forgot about the what he was thinking when he saw the others jumping onto a dumpster and over a wooden fence, even Zelo with his hurt leg and Jongup’s small body.

“Come on over Chanyeol! You’ll like it over here!!” This came from Jongup and Chanyeol merely looked at the fence. This was his chance to run back home, never have to go outside his fences, never have to worry about what happens beyond his yard, and pretend like this never happened! He could go back to his masters and his animal family but... but he didn’t want to go back, not just yet, he was a free dog right now and he wanted to explore it! So without thinking about it anymore he jumped up on the dumpster and landed past the fence.

He gasped when he saw it, it was a junkyard but it looked more like a paradise. Old couches, cardboard boxes and so much more! Chanyeol walked over to the group of dogs he arrived with, sitting on a torn pillow and he watched as the husky brought over a bucket of old fried chick and dropped it at Chanyeol’s feet.

“Eat up kiddo.” He said and sat back down next to jongup who looked more then happy for Himchan to sit next him. Chanyeol’s stomach growled loudly and at first he stared at it, he wasn’t supposed to eat human food but when he heard his stomach again he quickly dug into the scraps of food and as he ate the pitbull stood up and cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention.

“My name is Yongguk, the pack leader, The Lab trying to steal your food is Daehyun, The border collie is Youngjae and the husky is Himchan... We welcome you to our hideout.” Yongguk grinned and flopped onto an old couch. “And the scars, they came fights with a dog that thinks he runs the area around here, but we chased him off. Even though he comes around to cause problems.” Yongguk rolled onto his side while Youngjae came over to Chanyeol because Daehyun had went off to find something else to eat.

“Since you’re not from around here, where are you from?” Youngjae asked with a tilt of his head.Chanyeol raised his head and tilted it a bit in return.

“My street name is EXO avenue.” Youngjae’s eyes grew big and he gasped. “That’s almost 10 miles from here! Are you sure you know how to get back home?”

Chanyeol playfully scoffed, “Of course I do! I got this far over here, I can always find my way home!” Youngjae nodded with a smile and soon the others wanted to know what his home was like!

That sounds pretty nice, three full meals everyday~” Said Daehyun with a dreamy smile and a happy wag of his tail.

“Nice and warm fireplace when it's cold.” Said Zelo as he snuggled close to Yongguk, the older resting head on Zelo’s back.

“I want a human to play with! So we can play catch all the time!” Jongup said as he curled into a ball before he sat his head up and looked the large husky and gasped loudly, catching everyone's attention.

“Himchannie! What's the name of that bird on tv! That goes meep meep! And he’s super fast?” Himchan tilted his head before Jongup’s forehead and laughing. “You mean the Road Runner?” Jongup looked over Zelo and stuck his tongue out.

“I told you that Himchannie new everything!” Zelo just laughed and laid his head on his paws as he lay next to Yongguk. Himchan curled his body against Jongup and chuckled at the naive pup. Daehyun laid on his back against a couple of random pillows, letting youngjae lay across his stomach.

Chanyeol walked over to the fence, looking back he smiled knowing that there were good dogs out in the big city, but with a low sigh he used an old recliner to lay on and rest his sore paws, he would set out for home once he was well rested.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter for a long time gone!! OMG THIS TOOK TOO LONG!! XD So many things have changed with exo but I still wanna finish this story up!

Please enjoy!! ^w^