Let's Love

Let's Love

 

                Suho stepped into the restaurant, greeting everyone on his way. He went to the office first to take a look at a few documents he needed to sign towards the end of the day and then strutted to the big kitchen, ready to work and get everything done smoothly. Being a restaurant owner and a head chef at the same time was never an easy thing for him. He sometimes could not juggle office task and kitchen task perfectly because of the time and pressure. When he thought the papers in his room could wait, the customers outside would be yelling. Thank goodness he was learning how to manage all of those.

                Putting on a serious mask on his face, Suho arranged the utensils needed on the counter properly. He laid out the ingredients on the other side of it and started chopping, whisking, and rolling. When he was about to pour the batter into a bowl, a hand reached for the jug he was holding and putting it away from him.

                Suho sighed a little before he spoke. “I asked you to do your task only, right?”

                “I’m done with the beef.” The cheeky grin on the young lad’s face in front of him didn’t seem to disappear at anytime soon.

                “Do the veggies, then.” Suho replied gently.

                “Let’s not talk about this stuff.” Luhan crossed his arms under his chest. He was still smiling but it meant a different meaning. “Why the gloomy face?”

                “We’re in the kitchen right now. Let’s talk about this later, okay?” Suho patted his shoulder gently before trying to take the jug of batter and get back to doing the mixture. He could feel Luhan staring at him with those doe eyes. A little uncomfortable with the gaze, Suho walked away slowly from him.

                “Come on, tell me. We’re friends, right?” Luhan spoke, making him turned around.

                Suho rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. “Fine, let’s go to the freezer.” He moved to a medium-sized room next to the kitchen.

 Luhan followed closely behind, still guessing what had been bothering Suho since he got engaged to a young lady. It shocked him a little when he realized it was all arranged by Suho’s father, probably because he knew Suho never had luck with women. Plus, he needed someone who could take care of his son. Suho was careless at times and he was worried how things would turn out when he’s going to leave him alone later.

                Luhan closed the door behind him. The coolness of the room hit his spine and he believed Suho felt the same as well. Out of all rooms inside the restaurant, why the freezer? Luhan grunted as he adjusted the temperature to warm up.

                “You seem to be tense these past few weeks. Tell me.” Luhan motioned him to spill. “It’s cold here.”

                “I know, but I really need some advice.” Suho muttered. He couldn’t believe he was going to ask his friend about that matter. But rather than getting more suffocated in the inside, he better let it out.

                Luhan raised his left eyebrow, curious. “What kind of advice?”

                “How to love?”

 

                Jihye browsed through the pages of the cookbook she just bought on the way back from café. Even though she was still tired from countless work that day, she was determined to prepare dinner for both her and Suho. She wanted to grow closer with her soon-to-be husband so they wouldn’t be that awkward when they get married later.

                As her eyes scanned a particular recipe, the bell of their house rang. Jihye jolted up from the dining table and waited for a few seconds before walking to the front door. She kept thinking who would be the guest during that time because as long as she knew, she didn’t have any close friend who wanted to stop by her house and said hi. And Suho were probably at restaurant for dinner shift.

                With a big sigh, Jihye slowly reached for the knob. Just right before she could peek through the small slit, the man before the door chuckled.

                “Jihye, it’s me.” Suho let out a small laugh. There were a few grocery bags in his hands and Jihye quickly took a guess that he was probably done with the work at his restaurant.

                “What are these?” She asked. Her hands stretched out to help Suho carried some of them.

                “Stuff.” Suho handed the bags she wanted. “For dinner tonight.”

                Jihye looked at the ingredients inside the grocery bags. All of them looked so expensive and she couldn’t help but gasped a little. Suho noticed it and walked straight to the kitchen, leaving her at the front door alone. A smile plastered on his face as he observed her coming to his direction with a confused look.

                “Suho, don’t you have to work at night too?” She asked.

                “I should be at the restaurant but there’s this one guy wanted to be the head tonight so… I gave him the chance.” Suho shrugged. He took out all the ingredients from the bag and placed them on top of kitchen counter.

                “You should have called me that you’re going to be home early. I was planning to cook something for us tonight, actually.” Jihye pouted. Suho chuckled at her reaction and somehow felt touched because his fiancée tried to put some effort in their relationship. Even though they only knew each other for a few weeks, both of them got comfortable around each other pretty well.

                “Really? Well..” Suho passed an apron to her. “..let’s cook dinner together then.”

                Jihye took it happily and put it on. “Now I don’t have to worry about what to cook anymore.” She grinned.

                “So you’re using me now?” Suho chuckled.

                “Nope.” She glared at him and slapped his shoulder gently. “Hmm.. what are we going to cook, chef?”

                “Miss, please tie your hair first because we don’t want to eat hair, right?” He teased. Jihye scrunched her nose and tied her hair into a ponytail. She slapped his shoulder once again and gestured him to start explaining about the menu already.

                After almost an hour of spending their time in the kitchen, they finally got ready to dig in. The seafood spaghetti looked so tempting and they wasted no time gobbling up the food. Jihye noticed how hungry Suho was and of course, the tomato sauce all over his face.

                “Suho, really now?” She laughed as she stood up from the chair and walked to the cabinet to take a few napkins.

                “What?” Suho blinked, his mouth was still full of food. “What did I do wrong?”

                Still laughing, Jihye wiped the sauce off his chin. “Really, what if I told your workers that you are like this at home? Head Chef Suho doesn’t know how to eat spaghetti properly.”

                “Thanks.” Suho glared. “You are going to be the death of me, then.” Though the words slipped out of his mouth perfectly, he was still flattered by Jihye’s action. She was so bold to even touch his face. No woman could make him feel like that in just split seconds.

                Jihye walked back to her seat with continuous laughter and then continued eating. “Wow, I’m scared.”

                “Kim Jihye, really.” He narrowed down his eyes at her.

                “Oh gosh, don’t take it seriously though.” She chuckled. “By the way, I have to go to the flower shop tomorrow, the client wants our roses real quick so we have to arrange everything by Monday. Don’t be panic if I weren’t home when you’re here.”

                Suho massaged his temple. That was the time where he could bring her to the park or cinema but now his plan was all ruined. He tried to hide his disappointment but Jihye seemed to know what was playing on his mind.

                “Are you alright?” Jihye searched for his eyes. He moved his gaze away and groaned in frustration.

                “I…. I have a day off tomorrow and I thought of bringing you to somewhere but… you have to work.” Suho mumbled the last part.

                Jihye suddenly felt guilty. If she could call her assistant right away and tell him that she couldn’t make it tomorrow, she would do that. But she didn’t dare to cancel it last minute or her workers would be really upset.

                “I’m sorry.” She muttered. That’s the only thing she could do during that time. Apologize. Even though she wanted to spend time with him, she still had to care about her work.

                Suho smiled, but not as wide as usual. “No, it’s okay.” He suddenly thought of something else, something that he could do instead of wasting his time at home alone.

                “What if I followed you to the flower shop and maybe, give you guys a little help?” He added. “I don’t want to be bored plus I want to see how you handle your cute little flowers.” Then, he realized it wasn’t a bad idea at all. Jihye always told him about flowers he had never seen before and maybe he could use the chance to see all of those later.

                Her eyes lightened up a bit as she nodded fervently. “That’s great! But you don’t have to do a lot of work, though. Just be there as a guest.”

                “Guest? Do you want me to sit there at a bench and watch?” He scoffed. “Scratch that, I’ll help even if you don’t want me to. Now don’t talk back.” Suho poked her cheek before leaving her to do the dishes.

                “Fine. Do what you want. But don’t come to me and whine if you suddenly found it hard.” She laughed.

 

                “Suho, you can bring those roses to the aisle at the back.” Jihye patted his back and then continued doing her work. Suho was left dumbfounded. It had been the fifth work he had to do and now he understood why Jihye said preparation needed for certain event would cause a chaos to her shop.

                He climbed the ladder to place the roses onto the upper rack and arranged them neatly. It was such an experience to see a lot of different flowers around him. The scent was thick and it was very relaxing. No wonder Jihye loves flowers very much. They have their own charms and colors which make people wondering why they were created such way.

                “Suho hyung!” He heard a young boy shouted beneath him.

                “Oh, Kai.” Suho climbed down and jumped from the ladder when he was only two steps away. “What is it?”

                “Jihye nuna asked for you. She’s at the white section.” The young worker pointed at a junction.

                “Alright, thanks.” He smiled and took off the gloves he was wearing before headed to Jihye. He looked around, a little lost. The shop was like a garden and it was confusing at times because of the weird sections that separate flowers according to their colors.             

                “Look at you, little lost child.” A sweet, melodious voice interrupted him. He immediately knew who it was and quickly turned around, scrunching his nose.

                “Seriously, Jihye?” He shook his head. “You should have told me that this is not a shop, it’s a huge garden.”

                “I do what I want, okay? Now, I want to show you something.” She grabbed his arm and brought him to the white section which was full of white flowers. Jihye left him for a minute and went to take a basket full of little flowers.

                She held it up to him. “Smell this.” She also took one of it and placed it below her nose.

                Suho closed his eyes and took all the scent. He was quickly reminded of someone. Opening back his eyes, he smiled lovingly at Jihye and then chuckled a bit. “You.” He said. “You smell like this flower. It’s smooth but at the same time it leaves memories to people.”

                Jihye grinned. “Really? Maybe because I love to hang out at this spot. By the way, its name is jasmine. Sweet, isn’t it?”

                “Yes, but I don’t know. Why all of flowers, it must be this flower that makes me quickly think of you? Hmm.” He tapped his chin.

                “Pabo. I told you I’m always at this section. ” Jihye pinched his waist, causing him to yelp. Both of them burst into laughter when they started chasing each other in the shop, forgetting that they have work to do. Jihye decided to stop abruptly and that’s when Suho crashed into her, making both of them fell on the floor.

                “We shouldn’t run for God’s sake.” Jihye giggled. Suho turned his body to face her and joined her in giggling. They quickly got up, eyes suddenly caught each other. Something hit Suho very immediately and he found her really beautiful at the moment he laid his gaze on her. And the scent of jasmine didn’t help that much as he inched closer to graze his fingers on the nape of her neck. Jihye had shut her eyes already, waiting for him to initiate the move.

                “I thought we should get everything done by Monday.” Kai disturbed their moment and quickly ran away from them.

                Both of them stood awkwardly in front of each other, not knowing what words to say at that time. Jihye took the decision to just leave him be and proceeded arranging the flowers into bouquets. Suho grunted in frustration as he watched her walk away. Then, he saw Kai who was busy gathering carnations while listening to music.

                “Hey, Kai.” Suho approached him with a sly smile.

                “Yes?

 

                Jihye pouted as she tidied the counter which was full of rose petals and other stuff. She was still confused with what had happened between her and Suho a few moments ago. Why was it too sudden? Why must both of them felt that way at the same time?

                Suddenly, Kai sat in front of her with a red heart-shaped paper. “Nuna, for you.”

                “Eh?” She took it from him. “For me? From whom?”

                Kai smirked. “That person doesn’t want me to tell you.”

                “Jongin, go and do your work.” She rolled her eyes. Kai sang happily as she opened up the fold. A few words were scribbled on it and she smiled as she muttered it slowly.

                “I’m sorry about earlier.”

                Then, Kai came again with another heart. Jihye looked up to him and pointed to herself as if asking him that it was for her. Kai just answered with a hum, leaving her once again to do her work.

                “Are you mad?”

                Jihye shook her head gently. As soon as she almost put down the heart, Suho came and sat in front of her with a few more hearts in his hand. He passed one to her, motioned her to open it.

                “What should I do to make it up for you?”

                Suho put another one in front of her.

                “A slice of blueberry cheesecake?”

                Jihye raised her eyebrows in amusement. How did Suho know that cheesecake was her favorite dessert?

                “Hmm, a dish from my restaurant?”

                She laughed. Suho really loved to boast about the food at his restaurant.

                “How about a stroll at the park after we’ve done our work?”

                More laughter came out from her. She opened the last one and took a peek at Suho who was really looking at her straight into her eyes. A blush crept onto her face because she never had people looking at her like that.

                “No? Never mind, then. I just want you to forgive me. By the way, you look very beautiful and I just realized that when we… you know, a few moments ago. It was such a shame that I didn’t realize it sooner. Hmm, I’m wondering what flowers are we going to use for our wedding? I mean, would you like to have Chinese for tonight? I can cook Chinese food.”

                Jihye tried to hold back her smile. She crumpled up all the hearts in front of him and threw them into the bin beside her. Suho widened his eyes at disbelief. All his efforts had gone into waste. Jihye stood up and pulled her chair to sit closer to him.

                “First things first, I believe you used the paper from the cards section that are supposed to be used for greetings and stuff.” She pinched his arm.

                “Secondly, instead of using papers, why didn’t you come and just say it straight to my face?” She pinched his other arm. Suho rubbed the place she pinched with a slight pout that made Jihye felt guilty a little bit in the inside.

                “Lastly, I would love to have Chinese for dinner. It sounds pretty cool. It’s been long since I had my last Chinese meal.” Jihye smiled and nodded gently.

                Suho grinned at the last part that he almost hugged her but he tried to prevent himself from doing so. “Well, it’s Chinese then.” He nodded as well.

                “Well, do you think I forgive you?” She narrowed her eyes at him.

                That question caught him. How come he missed out that one? Suho shook his head, guessing that she still didn’t forgive him. Jihye chuckled before pulling him into a kiss, making him kissed her back without waiting. It’s just a quick kiss but they are satisfied. Satisfied that they knew where both of them stood now.

                “Hmm, about the flowers for our wedding, our parents want red roses only.” Jihye said.

                “No jasmine?”

                “I’m the jasmine. You said I smell like one.”

                Suho pinched her cheek. “You’re very smart, you know.”

                “Not my fault.” She laughed as she started doing the bouquet of roses.

 

                “So, how’s it going?” Luhan smiled cheekily at him.

                “It just came out naturally. Now I understand.” Suho beamed. “Thanks a lot, hyung.”

                “Thank yourself. So, when’s the wedding?”

                “Soon.” Suho smiled assuringly before patting the Chinese guy in front of him.

 

 


this is so rushed, i'm sorry ; ;,

thanks for reading, though. not my best but still /sighs

:::: not edited because i was rushing, please excuse my grammar and stuff ; ;