Feelings

Dancing with Another Man

Nara and Hyomi glared at each other. Nara didn't understand how Hyomi could be so angry. Her cousin hasn't even been here that long and was already making her life complicated. 

"Look, Hyomi, why are you acting like this?" Nara started off with a tired sigh,"I don't want trouble anymore. I've already gone through this year, I don't need anymore, alright? Just don't do anything stupid." 

Hyomi crossed her arms and scoffed,"I told you about him! Why are you stealing him from me?" 

"He was never yours to begin with. Kai, he's important to me, Hyomi. He's my everything. So, please, I'm begging you, don't do anything." Nara pleaded firmly,"Please." 

Hyomi stared at her. She saw Nara's desperate, anxious eyes. A smirk started to slowly form on her face,"Sorry, dear cousin, but once I set my eyes on something I want. I always get it. Watch your dear Kai fall in love with me." 

Nara eyes quivered and she feigned a laugh,"You've always been a spoiled ." Hyomi's eyes burned with anger and Nara smiled back at her,"I've lost Kai once and I don't plan on losing him to someone like...you." Nara's smile was replaced with a stoic expression,"He deserves to be with someonelike me, not some trash like you." 

Hyomi's never felt so angry before. Nara was always a crybaby from what she remembered. She always messed with her and Nara would never fight back. This was a first and Hyomi thought it was interesting at first. But Nara's smart mouth was pissing her off. She wasn't serious at first, but seeing how Nara got so riled up made her even more excited to toy with her.

"Hmph, you can't possibly compete with me. You're not even comparable to me. You're down here," Hyomi lowered her right hand and she raised her left,"And I'm right here." Hyomi crossed her arms together and sneered,"Anyways, what happened to make you so...overprotective over him? What? Get your heartbroken because something happened between you two?" Hyomi snickered with a teasing smirk. 

Nara stared at her, her eyes going cold from remembering the past,"Something like that..." Nara's eye fired once again as she stared at Hyomi,"But, like I said, I lost him once...I won't let that happen again. Even if you're my cousin, that won't stop me. I've always given up everything because of you, but not this time Hyomi." Nara eyed her once again before going inside her house. 

Hyomi scoffed and watched Nara go back inside. Her eyebrows furrowed together and she felt a little pity for whatever happened to Nara and Kai. She didn't know the full story, but Hyomi could tell Nara must've hurt a lot. Hyomi pouted whenever she started to feel...anything relating to being nice. She's always been a , she knows, but that's just how she was. Hyomi sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "What a pain." 

 

Once Nara was in her room, she literally flipped out and screamed into her pillow. She's never felt so embarrassed and stupid and angry. What have I done?! Well, it was Kai who initiated it...I still shouldn't have said all those lies.

"I'm so stupid!" Nara muttered. She turned over and rested her hand on her stomach. If only she could apologize to Kai about her stupidity and bringing him into this. Nara decided to call him and explain everything. She also just wanted to hear his voice. Being so close to him today made her feel so giddy.

She dialed his number and waited for him to answer. Kai was almost home when she called him. He answered with a big grin,"Hello?"

Nara felt his smooth voice radiate through the phone,"Hi." she softly spoke into the phone. She felt nervous all of a sudden. His voice could make her crazy. She felt like he was right next to her, softly speaking into her ear. 

"What's up?" he asked, walking casually still with that gigantic smile on his face. Nothing could mess up this moment for him. When Nara said they were going out, he felt like the happiest man alive. Even if they weren't exactly true, it still felt nice. Kai felt like this thing could make them closer and would finally patch up their relationship.

Oh, Kai just wanted to squeal.

"Um, well you see, I wanted to talk about earlier." Nara bit her lips and twirled her hair with her free hand. Kai didn't sound so upset or mad, so she felt a bit alright. 

"Alright, what about it?" Kai asked. Nara didn't sound too happy and he kind of started to feel nervous too. 

"I-I'm sorry. About my cousin and what I said. I shouldn't have said that to her. That lie was a horrible thing for me to say and it was all wrong timing and I'm just so sorry to put you in the middle of this." Nara sighed and propped her legs up. "Kai?"

Kai was just standing still. His eyes were full of surprise and his mouth made a little 'o' shape. Nara's words just hit him hard like a rock and he felt like he was being pummeled. It hurt to hear her say all that. He felt a bitter and hurt. Did she not feel the same way about the situation? Was she not happy to be 'together' again? 

"Uh, yeah." Kai cleared his throat and frowned while looking at the ground. His happy new thought of being closer together shattered and his eyes became distant. Kai bitterly laughed and he sighed. Of course being together again wouldn't come easy as he thought it would. He was too positive about the situation. 

"Did you hear me alright? You just became quiet...are you okay?" Nara asked with concern. 

No. He wasn't alright. Kai was far from it.

"I'm totally fine." Kai sadly smiled,"Why wouldn't I be?" he suddenly started to feel frustrated. If she wanted to tell the truth about her feelings, so would he,"Of course I'm okay, Nara. I am, or I was, estatic. I was so happy, Nara. That lie made me feel like the happiest guy in this whole planet. Your lie made me feel like everything was going to be okay between us...so, sorry to you, Nara. But, I don't want your sorries. Because I am perfectly fine and happy being your, I quote, boyfriend again. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way." he muttered softly. 

Nara felt her chest tighten. She didn't expect Kai to feel this way. Nara was happy but also guilty now. She did feel a bit excited when Kai was acting so sweet and kind to her earlier. She thought she'd faint when she felt his warm lips touch her forehead. Nara was happy that Kai felt like this. But guilt started to pile up inside her when she heard Kai's hurt voice. 

"Jongin, I didn't know you'd feel this way." Nara whispered. Tears started to form as her voice cracked,"I'm stupid for saying that to you without knowing how you truly feel. I just felt like it was wrong to lie about something like that. I thought it would make it more complicated between the two of us. I also said it on a whim. I don't want to lie about our relationship, Jongin. I want to treasure it and protect it. I don't want to act rash and throw it around like it's nothing when it's more than that." 

Nara wiped her eyes and sniffed,"You mean so much to me and I don't want to treat you like an excuse or lie."

Kai started to feel that warm feeling in chest. Kai frowned and hushed,"Don't cry. Please, don't cry. I vowed to never hurt you or make you cry ever again. So, please don't." 

Nara held in her soft whimpers and she nodded even though he couldn't see her. "Okay." she mumbled. 

A comfortable silence filled the line as Nara laid on her bed staring off into space and Kai walked up to his room. He listened to her soft, paced breathing and imagined her pretty, red flushed, tear stained face. He imagined her breathing into him. Kai closed his door and sat down on his bed. He couldn't believe what Nara said to him. 

Was that the same thing as a confession?

Kai was dazed and completely set back.

They had mutal feelings. 

They both treasured each other, more than themselves. 

Kai sat against his headboard,"What is our relationship right now? Are we pretending or are we real? What exactly do I mean to you? How do you feel about me?" he asked slowly. He already figured it out. He just wanted her to finally say it to him.

Nara struck with silence and she played with her chocolate brown bear. She just naturally grabbed for it and hugged it tighter to her. She was lost for words and didn't know what to say. No, she knew what to say. But somewhere along the love she had for him, she was still scared. So much had happened, she couldn't help but feel that way.

She laid on her back and rested the bear on her stomach. She stared at the inanimate thing as if she was was looking at Kai. "I-"

Her words were cut off by Kai. "Nevermind. I want to hear it in person." he said. 

Nara was relieved by that. Was she ready to say it to him. After all the waiting, was she really ready? "Oh, okay." was all she said back. 

"I'll see you later, Yoo Nara." Kai's smooth voice felt like it was giving Nara's ear small invisible kisses. Her stomach tightened and she found herself smiling,"I'll see you later, Kim Jongin."

 

Next morning, the doorbell rang while Nara was eating breakfast with Hyomi. Mrs. Yoo was running early errands and Mr. Yoo was already at work. It was just the two cousins left at home. The two of them didn't even talk or look at each other. They just simply ignored each other.

It's just what girls do.

Nara stood up because she knew there was no way Hyomi would answer the door. She walked her way to the door and swung it open,"Yes?" Her eyes widened when she say Kai greeting her with a bright smile,"Good morning. You ready?"

"K-Kai?" Nara coughed,"What are you doing here?" she whispered fiercely, trying not to talk loud or else Hyomi would find out he was visiting.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck with a timid smile,"I did say I was going to pick you up, didn't I? I was expecting a better reaction, but I guess this will suffice." he winked at her before entering her house. 

Nara grabbed his arm,"Are you crazy?! Hyomi's up eating breakfast, what if she sees you?!"

Kai blinked at her hands wrapped around his arm, then looked up to meet her worried eyes. He laughed and ruffled her hair softly,"You worry too much, Nara. Are you guys really going into WWIII for me? I thought you guys would get over it. I mean, I'm flattered, but it's nothing serious, right?"

She pouted at his aloof attitude,"It's serious! Hyomi always gets what she wants! She doesn't care if we're family...that's just the way she is. She's an evil little -"

"That's nice that you think that of me dear cousin of mine." Hyomi scoffed, leaning against the stair rail. She eyed Nara and Kai. Seeing them together made her sick.

Kai glanced at Hyomi. She looked innocent and nice, but he kind of didn't trust that about her. He already had experience with girls who acted too similar at first: Soh Jihyun. Maybe Nara was right, maybe Hyomi was a serious, crazy like Jihyun. 

Hyomi stared at them, her eyes lingering on them before heading back upstairs. Nara knitted her eyebrows together as she watched her cousin walk back like nothing. Like she didn't care. She was beyond confused and a bit tense. Maybe she's planning something big...maybe she's pretending she doesn't care and later on she'll really attack...

Nara's thoughts were cut when she felt Kai tap her shoulder. He was giving her that to die for smile,"Hm, well that was weird. Anyways," he pointed at the door with his thumb,"Don't you think we should go before we're late?"

 

Nara and Kai walked side by side to school. It was mostly filled with that silence they both were comfortable with. From time to time they'd look up at each other and shyly smile away. Oh, young love. The butterflies kissed their stomachs and the silent interactions with their eyes brought them a bit closer. They were so close, the back of their hands brushed, like secret small kisses between them. Nara's face was flushed with happiness and Kai could not fight the smiles everytime he saw her blush. 

It was a nice feeling to see her act that way because of him. He had kind of forgotten what it was like to make her feel so flushed and shy. He liked having that power over her. It was something only he could do...oh, and Luhan, but he was irrelevant at the moment. 

When they had gotten to school, the rest of boys found their way to them with sly smiles. Kai shot them a look to not ruin the moment, so the boys trailed behind them. Nara was grabbing things she needed while Kai just leaned against that one locker besides hers, again. He acted so sweet and full of charismatic charm. Nara thought she was going to faint. 

She just couldn't get enough of Kai's presence. 

And he couldn't get enough of her's either.

"Gosh, they're so together." Baekhyun shook his head while observing the said couple. 

Chanyeol laughed,"They're just too ignorant to know themselves."

"Yeah! There are rumors saying the famous couple is back together." Sehun happily chatted while sipping some banana milk. 

Suho eyed the maknae,"Who said that?!"

"I did." Sehun snickered playfully and ranway from the elder's grasp. Suho followed after him while sternly calling after his name,"Oh Sehun! Don't start trouble!"

Another body joined them. Someone they didn't expect to see next to them,"Well, what do we have here? I've been so busy with school activities and my boyfriend, I missed quite a lot." Saerin tilted her head as she stared at her best friend.

"What kind of best friend are you?" D.O scoffed at her. "You've completely disappeared."

Saerin felt guilty and she gave him a ghost smile,"Yeah, I know. Stuff have been crazy...personal problems." she genuinely smiled when she saw Nara laughing about something as Kai grinned at her. "She look's fine thought, that's good." 

D.O eyed the girl. She kind of looked...bad. She had bags under eyes that kind of looked swollen red. Her hair was a bit out of placed and she just looked tired. He had a small frown,"Hey...Saerin, are you alright?" 

Saerin looked startled at his question and she gave him smirk, which left him breathless,"Yeah, I am. Do I look that bad?" D.O was about to counter that he didn't mean to say it that way, but instead of being mad she laughed and brightly smiled at him," Well, I gotta go study. Have to get that A for math. Nara's not the only bad one at it." Saerin giggled and patted his shoulder and walked away. Her back sagging as she walked father away.

If he was breathless from her smirk, he was even more breathless with that gorgeous smile of hers that couldn't compare to heaven itself. D.O stared at Saerin's disappearing back. He didn't know what was going on. Wasn't it too early for him to completely move on? His heart was barely broken, but something about Saerin soothed it. She made him forget his pain and replaced it with something else. Comfort. Ease. Peace. Happiness.

Someone placed an arm around him,"Yo, Kyungsoo, what's wrong with you?" Kai asked his best friend. Nara was on his other side, watching D.O too with a concerned look. He looked distracted.

D.O kept his eyes at the same place where Saerin disappeared and slowly brought his eyes back to his two curious friends. He smiled at them,"Nothing. Let's go."

Time did heal. But maybe it didn't have to take a long time to do it's job. Maybe for D.O, a short time talking with Saerin was all he needed. And he wanted more of those short time talks with her.


A little focus on D.O at the end *sigh*

this smile is illegal kyungsoo.

What's up with Hyomi?

no s bout hyomi, right? awes lol

What's up with Nara and Kai? (3 very good reactions to pick from)

What's up with me? eating some damn invisible ice cream rn.

Well, it's winter break for me...and that means, more updates~!!

done with my first quarter of college. woosh. and im back at home with real food!!!!!

woop woop chocolate kai dance~~

Happy holidays and CHRISTMAS IS NEEARRRRRR~~!!