The incredible lady

It Started With The Stethoscope's Owner!

 

Shin Hyejung. A doctor at the Seoul National Hospital. Her father was Professor Shin, the so-called hand of the god and also the chief of the surgery department that admired by the doctors, which ultimately put an enormous amount of pressure on Hyejung at work. She couldn't remember the last time her dad just talked to her, or listened without it being about a patient or a conference.

Since she was a child, she was always told that she didn't have what it takes, eventually her father forced her into exactly what he hoped for, without considering that it might not be what she wanted. Her life. Her career. And most importantly, who she was, was everything her father wanted her to be.

Despite being 16 years old, she entered the Seoul National University and majored in medicine, followed her elder brother’s pathway, who was also well-known as a young brilliant doctor by that time. However, everything changed completely after her brother’s death. She. No more having any motive in having a dream in this cruel world.

It wasn't at all who she wanted to be. She didn't want any of it, but not getting the chance to explore and really figure out who she was and what she really wanted, she just figured she could do worse than becoming her father, right?

It's been about five years since Jaemin’s death. Every day, she threw herself into work, buried herself with cases and patients so that she would never have to deal with it. However, no matter how weary and trying hard she was to focus her mind on her patients, she figured out that she couldn’t erase the pain of loss by avoiding the situation that was causing it.

Every time, she felt lonely when she was alone, and the only thing people were going to remember her for was work. She wasn't that special among the doctors, and even if she’s special, it’s might just because of the title she have, the young beautiful daughter of Professor Shin. Those were the only thing that crossed her mind whenever she thought of it for a million times.

Today, she was making her rounds at the hospital as usual. She took a double shift despite the nurses trying to get her home for a rest, considered that this doctor would be collapsed if she continued to torture herself in that way.

“Dr Shin, why don’t you just take a rest? You look so exhausted.” The chief nurse said, showing her worry about the young doctor in front of her. “I’m okay. Don’t worry. I still have some reports to do so if have any problems, just call me.” She said with a tiring smile forced on her face, making the chief nurse felt sympathy to her.

If and only if she’s not the daughter of Professor Shin, I guess she will be happy like what a normal girl is. She sighed, looking at the young doctor who headed herself to the office.

Walking down the hallway to an office’s door, she was stopped by a voice behind her, calling by her name. “Chaeyoung?” Hyejung asked while turning around, seeing another young doctor running toward her. “Hyejung ah, I need to ask you a really big favour” She pleaded. “Minsuk is waiting for me and I'm supposed to be there already” She said hurrily, not realizing her words had jumbled together.

Understood her worries, Hyejung put a hand on her friend’s shoulder, saying “Relax man, what do you need from me?” “Well, I just really need to get going, and I have to check in on a patient.”

Seemed to understand what she was trying to asking for, Hyejung crossed her hands around her arms, pretending to be angry by her request. “And you want me to check up on them for you?” “If you could, I'd really appreciate it!” She begged, trying to force the lady to agree with her with her cute charm.

Returning the smile, she gave her a nod. “Yeah, just stop acting cute and run now! If not, don’t blame me when you’re late!” She said, showing her the time on her watch. Patting her on the shoulder as thanks, she turned to leave but never forget to inform her about the new case. “Yeah, the patient’s file is on my desk in the office. And I got to go now! Bye!” Hyejung just simply nodded, slowly moved her exhausted body towards the elevator.

Pressing the elevator button and walking inside when the doors opened, Chaeyoung suddenly returned back and stopped the elevator’s doors with her hands. "Sorry! Forget to tell that his name is Lee Howon and he’s in the observation ward. Room 328.” She gasped hardly, after running her way back from the basement parking lots.

The doctor nodded, chuckling as she replied “Yes, madam! I got this, so quickly get out of here and go pick your wedding ring, Miss Park Chaeyoung!” “Thanks, darling! You know how much I love you today!” She replied, embraced the lady into her arms adorably. “Just today?” Hyejung joked and quickly replied by Chaeyoung. “If I said yes, will you angry?” “Absolutely not! Just go and meet your Minsukkie!” She said, jokingly pushed the lady out of the lift, waving goodbye to her before the lady went off to meet her soon to be husband.

Stumbled into the office, she saw the file placed on the desk and just grabbed it up before walking off to the Room 328. As she was tiring, she didn't read through the file actually. Well, I guess it was just a check up after all, it would be quick and simple. I guess. However, she seemed to be unnoticed that it was actually an encounter with an unexpected patient. An idol star that ventured into her life.

 

                                                 

                                                                      --------------------------------------------------------

 

Dear readers, 

 

It's been a long time that I leave a message here. How's everyone here? I guess maybe it still not holiday yet so it's quite less people here. Wish that all of you won't mind to leave a comment about the story and give me some ideas for this fanfics too. Thank you and have a great day!

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2013.11.17