Behind the idol’s life…

It Started With The Stethoscope's Owner!

 

Today, it was still like always. A very hectic and tiring day.

After practicing their dance for hours, each piece of clothes was fully soaked by their sweats and each of them looked extreme exhausted. Sungjong got a bottle of water from the nearest table and threw himself down onto the couch.

“Hyung, we should go home now, I’m tiring and hungry.” He said, with his eyes staring into their manager. Understood how much they suffered from the tight schedule, he agreed to bring them home. Of course, everyone was shouting in hooray, except for one person, their almighty dancing machine.

He was still dancing hard even though there’s no music on. He kept on practicing even if the day was already called off. He just wanted to spend more time to improve his dance skill so that he won’t disappointed his fan for acknowledged him as the group’s dance machine.

“Hoya Hyung! Hoya Hyung! Let’s go home now.” Sungjong shouted as he continued to pack up. “It’s okay. I’ll stay here, you all can go ahead.” He replied, with his legs continued to step out the stunning dance moves. “Aish! Hyung! Aren’t you hungry? If you continue to dance so aggressively, I’m sure one day you will end up with bone fracture.” Sungjong shouted. “It’s okay. I’m not that hungry. And more to say, my Sungjongie will never leave me alone even if his Hoya hyung is paralysed.” Hoya joked, earning an angry glare from the younger one.

Knowing that Hoya would never listen to their advice, they decided to leave him alone and bid goodbyes to him, with the youngest one giving his last warning to his Hoya hyung. Threatened that he would definitely make a flag with his boxer and hung it outside the window if he dared to come home late than he expected.

“Yeah. Just do it if you dare!” Hoya smiled back. Of course, the youngest got angry and fired back his hyung by telling him not to take a challenge on him, or else he will be a dead meat. Wow, what a funny joke for the fan if they knew Sungjong’s Hoya hyung lost to him. Due to a boxer!

After leaving him alone in the practice room, Hoya continued to practise, not realizing the latter one was watching him from a far. “This hyung really know how to torture himself!” He said to himself, his eyes continued to observe on his hyung. Being his roommate since debut, Sungjong knew how much hard work his hyung paid, practicing night and day in order to satisfy the high expectations from Inspirits.

“Hyung.” He whispered, surprised the latter who was still in the midst of dancing with his soul. “Hyung, we should go now.” He insisted, trying to drag him along with him. “I think I’ll stay for now” Hoya replied, smiling back to his younger-brother-like roommate who was worried about him.  “I’m okay…” He mouthed, taking over the bottle of water in his hand and took a sip before he stood in the middle again, following the next different dance beats.

The latter one watched him practice intensely and all he could ever think about was the way his hyung was dancing in front of him. His dance was always different. Even it might not be as cool and unique like other dancers, the dance steps he made were like sending some kind of message that everyone can understand. Even though there’s no music, the way his body moved at the beat was the epitome of perfection.  The thing that hard to see in a person. That the reason he danced was not going to show off nor trying to use it as a weapon to attract ladies, but it was because of the passion. The passion and determination to become one with the music with his own soul.

Actually, Hoya had been holding back the pain caused by the intense dance, however, he ignored it and put his all into the routine, trying to hide it in front of Sungjong. It was a bit pain at first, but later the discomfort had been slowly increasing. He tried his best to hold it back and just continued on his dance, not noticed the cold sweats on his forehead had betrayed him in another way.

“Hyung, you should give yourself a rest…” He murmured. He knew no matter how people tried to convince his hyung to give himself a rest that he needs, his hyung always brushed them all off with the typical, “I’m fine, you don’t have to worry” and that stupid signature smile at the end.

“Babo…” He mouthed before he stepped forward, joining his hyung in his dance practice.

 

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2013.10.29