The way they are...

It Started With The Stethoscope's Owner!

 

All he ever wanted was to live his dream. Walked up the stage, a smile plastered on his face as he heard the thousand of fans chanting their names. He was there, getting ready for the stage, to sing and dance till his heart gave out. Hoya was his stage name and now he was living out his dream as the member of an idol group named Infinite. The current trend idol in South Korea.

The bright lights reflecting onto the stage, with the screaming and cheering from their fans. Inspirits. Within minutes, SBS Inkigayo had finally started. Numbers of idol groups had performed their stages, showing their fans with their own great charms.

And now it’s finally the time for Infinite to perform, with Inspirits were eagerly anticipating for their cool and powerful dance choreography for their latest hit song, Destiny. Setting aside the fan chanting, their fans also never forget to wave their banners and their pearl metallic gold balloons to show their full support for their bias idols.

“Five, four, three, two, one…”

As soon as the countdown ended, the music instantly started. The spot light directly laid on the seven boys posing perfectly on the stage, with the members surrounding the visual, L with their fierce and cool aura. Fans started to roar and got wild, shouting their affections for their biases. As they started to dance to their song ‘Destiny’, fans sang along with the members while the boys sang dan danced perfectly in sync, displayed their perfect teamwork that resulted from their daily dance practice.

“… You’re my destiny.”

Finally, the song ended. Infinite bowed to their fans while the crowd was cheering and shouting even louder as they had performed and showed a powerful and charisma performance that amazed their sight. As they were the final performers, the rest of the groups and singers came onto the stage again, prepared to listen to the final announcement of the winner for the week.

As expected, Infinite was nominated again, with them up against the popular girl group Sistar, who was promoting their new song “Give it to me.” Even though Infinite had won quite a numerous of Mutizen Awards before, the nervousness and the exciting feeling of awaiting the result was always there as they watched the scores tallying up.

“And the winner is…” The MC started off.

“Infinite!”

As soon as they heard their name being called, each of the members froze in spot, unable to accept what they heard. “Congratulations!” said the other singers on stage as they handed the flowers to each of them while the MC gave them their very first Mutizen for their new song, Destiny. The fans got wild, shouting and crying fiercely as their bias’s hardwork finally paid off.

Unable to believe that they had won in their comeback week, the leader stood still on his spot, holding the mic that the MC passed to him. Yet, words were not coming out from his throat as he was seen sobbing hardly. “I…” said the leader, emotionally touched by their fans, who continued to show them their support by purchasing their album and voting for the music charts. “Thank you.” He said, with each of the members holding their hands together and formed a line, bowed 90 degree to their supporters respectively.

“We will continue to make more great music in the future and won’t let you disappointed! Thank you for the support!” Hoya gave his thank you speech and hugged the members as they slowly formed a circle to appreciate the remarkable day they have for the current moment.

“Congratulations.” He said and patted his lovely roommate, Sungjong on the back, making the latter crying more fiercely.

“Encore! Encore! Encore!” The fans shouted, hoping for another encore stage.  Looking into the other members, the leader nodded his head before they walked to their own spots and began the encore stage.

The fans waved their banners and chanted their names again, showing the idol group their endless supports towards them.

As he listened to the fans that chanted their names and sang along with them, Hoya felt a sense of warmth touching his heart. The supports and the love from Inspirits, was the most wonderful part and the inspiration in his life. He whispered in his heart, with a satisfied smile on his face.

 

Without you, I’m just nothing. Thank you, Inspirits…

 

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2013.10.28