|| Twenty Four ||

When Two Different Fates Entwine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Hi! Hahaha. Nobody probably expected for this fic to be updated ever again. Honestly, I have FORGOTTEN about this story. I read it ALL OVER AGAIN (including the sometimes-overly-melodramatic author's notes at the end of each chapter. Hahahaha.) And to my surprise, I actually still love the story. Sure the start was pretty slow (to me) but as the chapter progressed, I liked it more and more and I wanted to find out what happened next (because I honestly forgot). And when I got to the end of chapter 23, I hated myself for not writing more because I still wanted to read more. Lol. So to satisfy my curiosity (hahaha), I ended up writing what's going to happen next.

I hope that, if like myself you have also forgotten what this is about, you will have the patience to read it all over again. Haha. Though if you don't want to be bothered again, that's okay, too. Haha. Thank you if you're still here!

And now, the update!

 

KRIS

Whatever worry I had about dummy possibly finding out my feelings about her disappeared when I realized that the girl was dense--plain and simply dense. I had probably been staring at her for far longer than necessary and all she could come up with was that I was curious about something. I laughed and thanked all of my lucky stars for not having her noticed that I liked her.

Dummy frowned, her earlier relief at something gone. "Whatever. You're weird."

Just then, the restaurant door opened, bearing Lu Han and Jieun, so I just shrugged at dummy and smirked.

"What did you do?" Jieun asked me the moment she and Lu Han reached our table. "Eunae looks like she wants to freeze you with her death glares."

I shook my head and tried to tamper down my smile.

Lu Han shot me a suspicious stare before sitting beside dummy, though not too close I noticed. He used to be really touchy with her now that I remembered. But today, he was decently far from her. Turning his face to her, Lu Han's expression e hundred eighty degrees, his lips breaking into a warm smile. "How was your practice? Did you make any progress?" I could practically see honey dripping down Lu Han's eyes. She was really a dummy for not noticing.

"It was fine. The other members were really welcoming. There was one thing I discove-" her eyes traveled to Jieun and her eyes dimmed a little. "It was fine," she repeated, giving Lu Han a half-smile.

She seemed to have communicated something to Lu Han telepathically because the latter nodded and nudged her, saying, "Hey, it will be fine."

Dummy smiled then and finally turned to us. "Alright, let's order. Kris said he was starving."

I volunteered to order, earning me surprising looks from everyone. I ignored them and went to the counter. The truth was I just wanted to get away, wanting to prep myself for more of Lu Han and her interaction later. I knew it was childish. But this was what Lu Han had probably meant when he said we couldn't have bad feelings towards each other. He liked her and I did, too. There was nothing we could do about it but be accepting. Try to be accepting, is what you probably mean, my mind said.

That night, just before I went to sleep, I sent dummy a text despite restraining myself. Then I kicked myself for doing something so stupid as I tried to take back what I did.

GIRL

When I awoke the next morning, the first thing I did was to contemplate on whether I should tell Sehun and the others that the group audition was a Music Video. It hadn't been announced yet but we're going to know about it sooner or later, right? Hmmm. I should just ask Lu Han if it's okay to tell them.

I got out of bed and grabbed my phone. There were several unread messages.

From: The Demon Reincarnate

Goodnight.

I raised my eyebrow at Kris' text. What was he up to? As if predicting what my reaction would be, he had a follow-up text.

From: The Demon Reincarnate

What? You said we were friends. Couldn't I say goodnight?

I burst out laughing. He had another follow-up text.

From: The Demon Reincarnate

I'm not being weird, okay? I just wanted to... say goodnight. So goodnight.

It was cute.

I went to my phonebook and changed Kris' name. He wasn't really a demon anymore. He was more like a child acting grumpy and throwing tantrums when in reality, a small box of candy would be enough to make his day. I wonder what made Kris start saying the opposite of what he meant. Then I sent Lu Han a text, asking about the music video.

Classes were more normal today than yesterday, with the novelty of the weekend's audition wearing off, but only just a bit. The students were slightly more interested in what the group audition was going to be about. Lu Han hadn't replied to my message yet.

My general subject was uneventful while on our acting class, Kris got teased by our classmates for his drunken performance when our teacher asked for volunteers for a scene. I quietly observed from the back as he grumpily fielded questions and praises alike from everyone. And when I thought the hour would pass by that way, someone suddenly mentioned my act.

"Yes," Haeri, a first-year Blue, said in response to a classmate's remark. "Now that you mention it, there was another memorable act from Saturday's audition." Then as if knowing all along that I had been watching them, she pointed at me. "Eunae and Sehun's best friend act." Everyone turned their heads to my direction.

I couldn't duck in time because everyone already saw me.

"Right, Eunae," our teacher Siwan said, addressing me. "I watched it and found the scene lovely. You had good chemistry with your partner."

I gave him a small smile and nodded, hoping that was that and they would go back to ignoring me.

"Well then, it's decided." Siwan clapped his hands. "Why don't you and Kris volunteer for today's scene?"

You know teacher, it's called volunteering for a reason, I wanted to say but held my tongue. Instead, I turned to Kris for help but he just shrugged and walked to the stage.

He seemed to have forgotten that he and I should never be seen together. Oh well, I thought as I walked forward as well, this was a teacher's will so it wasn't really anything out of the ordinary.

"It's based on a real event that happened several years ago," Siwan said as he handed as a one-page script. "It was written by one of the survivors, wanting an outlet to express her grief. Eventually, through writing, she was able to move on and live the second life she was given. She sent her writings to various schools to be used as scripts as a way of giving back the help she received through her writing."

I read the scene title and description. It was a car crash scene and Kris' character was supposed to have died in my arms.

"What? So Kris only has to lie down and close his eyes while I bawl my eyes out?" I asked.

"More or less." He chuckled. "Don't worry. It will take some effort not to twitch and pretend not to be breathing."

That was nothing to Kris. Nevertheless, I walked to the center of the stage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter