Airplanes and Food

Blinded

What am I thinking? I've never been out of the country before. Heck, I've barely been out of my own home, Jiyong thought as he looked out of the window to watch the plane rise and rise in altitude as they flew off into the sky.

It was an unsettling feeling as they took off and he could have sworn that the plane was falling apart due to all of the noise it was making. He clutched his safety belt nervously until the plane was safely cruising along a set path and the flight attendant was up and about along the aisles. Jiyong was so busy trying to calm his first flight worries that he didn't notice that Seungri had been chatting to him the entire time. Apparently, he has traveled before because he looked absolutely fine sitting comfortably in the seat next to him.

"-an, Hyung?" he caught the tail end of Seungri's question.

"Sorry, what?"

"I said, what do you mean? You said you barely left your own house when you were in Guangzhou. What, is the President like, a dictator or something?" Seungri asked. "And by the way, why didn't you buy first class tickets? It's less crowded and you have more leg space."

Jiyong looked at Seungri incredulously. "First of all; as if someone your height needs more legroom," Jiyong snarked. "And what part of 'live on my own devices' do you not understand? I'm not going to use my Dad's money to start my new life. I want to have as little to do with him as possible."

"Okay, okay," Seungri said, putting his hands up in defeat. "Calm down. It was only a suggestion." 

At best, Jiyong and Seungri had what could be described as a complicated relationship. They worked together under Jiyong's father, yet they still maintained a relationship outside of the workplace. Jiyong considers him a smart but annoying friend, who could both sincerely care about him and completely disrespect him at times, while Seungri sees Jiyong as a Sunbae and rival in just about everything. Their relationship was always a game of cat and mouse; they're always looking for an excuse to pick on each other. At times, Jiyong thinks ah, so this is what it would be like if I had a brother.

Even so, it was the only relationship that actually meant something to Jiyong.

After awhile, Jiyong calmed down enough to answer Seungri's earlier question. "My Dad was the stereotypical businessman, all work and no play type of guy. He didn't exactly lock me down, but I had a private Korean tutor that buried me in homework most of the time. Plus the tutor was super religious and it kind of rubbed me off the wrong way, even though my own family were religious. When I wasn't being taught or given some sort of religious lecture by my teacher, my dad had these butlers that basically stalked me everywhere I went. After awhile, I just stopped going out."

Seungri grabbed his shoulder, probably in an attempt to offer him comfort. If he wasn't suddenly feeling so down, Jiyong would have shrugged Seungri's hands off. The rest of the flight was uneventful, and so Jiyong closed his eyes to sleep while Seungri took the opprotunity to chat with some female flight attendents.

___<( ._.)>___<(^0^)>___<( >-<)>____<( ; _ ; )>

Youngbae felt a little squirmish under Seunghyun's intense gaze. Even though he couldn't see it, he could definetly feel it when his hyung looked his way. He demanded answers, and Youngbae didn't have an answer to give him. Well, he had an answer, but he couldn't exactly tell him.

He "hmm"ed and "uhh"ed for a long while as he tried to think up ways to tell the truth without getting himself in trouble. While he was doing this, Seunghyun was silently gauging his friend.

Youngbae was a terrible liar, and Seunghyun never thought he'd live the day to see Youngbae tell a straight up lie to someone. In a way, he felt oddly proud in his dongseng (even though lying is hardly something to commend). In fact, he wouldn't have been that bothered at all if he hadn't been into whatever web of lies that Youngbae had spun for himself. Either Youngbae was doing something against the law (though that was highly unlikely), or he was doing something he knew that his hyungs would frown at (which seemed more like the case).

"Youngbae, you know you can tell me anything, right? I'm not going to rat you out or judge you or anything. I just want to know what's going on," Seunghyun said gently, giving Youngbae's hand a reassuring pat.

And Youngbae, the ever cryptic one, answered, "You'll know when it's time."

What the heck was that supposed to mean? Seunghyun wondered. Time for what?

Really, Seunghyun didn't know what to do. He was always known as the goofy, slightly immature one, but Youngbae somehow alternates from bringing out his serious side and his natural self. Sometimes, he can't even tell who is taking care of who.

"Hyung, have you eaten yet?"

"Well, no."

"You shouldn't work so hard," Youngbae scolded. "You're body needs enough energy to perform daily tasks, and-"

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, a little glad that Youngbae couldn't notice. "Gee, thanks Mom," he muttered as Youngbae decided to give him a lecture on eating properly.

"How was work?"

"Oh. Actually," Seunghyun said, excitement building in his voice. "We're suppose to be getting this new employee from China and...Wait, stop trying to change the subject!"

As innocent as Youngbae was, he also had a slightly devious side to him. "I don't know what you mean, hyung," Youngbae said innocently, while flashing his signature eye-smile.

"Like hell you don't," Seunghyun said under his breath.

"But really, hyung. You must be feeling hungry right now."

"I'm fine, Bae."

"Hyung."

"Youngbae."

But luck appears to be on Youngbae's side today because at that crucial moment, Seunghyun's stomach decides to betray him and it let out an especially loud growel.

Youngbae had that all knowing smile on his face and Seunghyun swears that Youngbae wasn't blind at all, and that he could somehow see the tiredness in his eyes and the exhaustion on his face. The older man decided that he could get Youngbae to spill his secrets another day.

Wrapping an arm around the younger's shoulders, he says, "Let's eat. I'm starving."

___<( ._.)>___<(^0^)>___<( >-<)>____<( ; _ ; )>

I'm pretty sure there will be GDYB meeting, next chapter~~ ^^ Sorry for the slow build up! Things will start getting exciting soon (hopefully)