My Alcoholic Hyung

Blinded

"I asked you to help me pack, not to go through my personal stuff," Jiyong muttered as placed his precious notebook in the bottom of a cardboard box. He hurriedly packed clothes on top of the book while Seungri had his back turned. 

Seungri didn't notice a thing. 

"Hyung, do you really think moving is a good idea?" Seungri asked suddenly. "I mean, this place is perfect. It's close to work, close to the club, and best of all, close to your friends, mainly, me." 

Jiyong scoffed. "Don't be so full of yourself. You're not my only friend," Jiyong said, though if he was truly honest with himself, out of all of the people he associates with, only Seungri could proudly carry the title of his honest to God friend. 

When you're a rich kid, people treat you in one of two ways; they either kiss the ground you walk on because you're rich, or hate your guts because you're rich. Everyone he speaks to addresses him by title, not name. He was the Young Master, future owner of K1 Industries, not Kwon Ji Yong twenty-six year old man that just wants to figure out what the to do with his life. Jiyong had spent the majority of his life trying to ignore his future. 

And then there's the issue with his dad, of course. 

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you. I quit," Jiyong said non chalantly. 

He continued to fold his clothes while Seungri's eyes just about bugged out of his head. In a second, Seungri was by Jiyong's side.

"Quit? Why? How? You dad actually let you?"

Jiyong did a little half shrug that didn't explain much of anything, but he went on to say, "That's why I'm moving. Got a new job. As a radio host." 

Seungri had his mind completely blown. The older of the two decided to let the news sink in for a bit. 

"Are you acting up against your Dad?" Seungri finally asked. Jiyong was yet again reminded how thick Seungri's skull was. Info goes in, but smart answers never come out. 

"To put it simply, yes. I'm going to move away, out from his reach, make a living with my own money, and be whoever I want to be.Tomorrow morning,  I'll be out of here. My flight is leaving at four in the morning." 

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Hold on a minute," Seungri said, bringing his hands up to rub his temples. "Flight? As in plane? Where are you moving to?"

"Seoul." 

The news wouldn't have been as surprising if it weren't for the fact that Jiyong has spent over twenty years of his life living in Guangzhou, China and hasn't step foot in Korea since he was three years old. 

"So, are you with me or not?" Jiyong asked. 

"What do you mean?" 

Jiyong smiled and then gestered at all of the boxes and suitcases scattered throughout his room. "You don't expect me to carry all of this stuff by myself, do you?"

 


*Kom sema-ri-ga 
Han chi-be-yi-so 
Appa gom 
Omma gom 
Ae-gi gom 
Appa gommun tung-tung-hae 
Omma gommun-

Ah, that ringtone. Youngbae knew who it was immediately.

"Yeobseyo?" 

"What the hell, Youngbae," came Seunghyun's deep voice. Immediately, Youngbae was washed over in gult. "Hyunbae hyung called me asking why the heck I took you to the club last night. The club?! You know I don't go to the club often because I don't like to dance!"

"Hyung..."

"And then he went on to say how was being a terrible hyung, for not watching over my dongseng, and for drinking too much-"

"Hyung..."

"-thought that our dear little Youngbae was tucked in at bed like a good little boy. Where did you go last night?"

Silence. 

"Oh, Youngbae, don't be like this."

"I'm sorry hyung."

And then Youngbae promptly hung up. The more he listened to Seunghyun talk, the more guilty he felt for dragging him into this whole mess. 

So this is what happens when you lie, Youngbae thought.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Before Youngbae could navigate himself through his little apartment to answer the door, he heard the sound of keys fumbling, the lock clicking, and the door knob turning. 

Only one other person besides Hyunbae had a key to his apartment. 

"Hyung, why did you even bother to call?"

Seunghyun sighed, led Youngbae to the couch, and they both sat down. 

"Bae, can you please explain to me why your brother thinks I'm an irresponsible alcoholic?"


* For those of you who don't know, these are the lyrics for the Three Little Bears, a popular Korean children's song. Just googled the lyrics up. Sorry for the late update, but I really have no idea how to start this story. I'll warn you that it might be a little slow until GDYB meet, so hang on for a little while longer! 

Thanks for commenting ^-^