Let Me Love You

Let Me Love You

                Chanyeol and Seoyeon had been going to school with each other ever since kindergarten, but they've never really spoken until their last year of high school. Compared to the quiet girl Seoyeon was around schoolmates, Chanyeol was always in student body and at the top of his class with Seoyeon falling in second. He was also the person who shined the most, as well as called, the "Happy Virus." He always smiled which made everyone else smile. But sometimes he smiled a little too much.

                The first time they spoke was when the two were paired for a science project. "You're Seoyeon, right? I know you. We've been in the same class ever since kindergarten," he said to her first, "How weird though, this is the first time we've ever spoken." He chuckled. "Yeah, this is the first time we've ever spoke," she replied.


                  The project was going to be a half year long project. Meaning so, they'd be spending a lot of time with one another. By the fourth month in, he asked Seoyeon, "What's wrong with you?"


                  "Excuse me?" she asked.


                  "No, I'm not offending you," he told her, "But, you don't smile very often, I noticed." She paused for a few seconds. This was the first time she's ever been asked this and this, Seoyeon did not know the answer to. "I don't know," she replied.


                  "Eyyyy~, why wouldn't you know? You have to know somehow." Seoyeon bit on her lip and didn't answer. Chanyeol knew it was best to end that there. He cracked a joke, "Knock knock." She decided to play along, "Who's there?"


                  "Interrupting cow."


                  "Interrupting cow wh--,"


                  "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!~" Chanyeol interrupted her. He laughed at his joke and she laughed with him. "There it is," he stopped laughing. Seoyeon looked up at him confused, "What's there?" Chanyeol beamed his gigantic smile at her, "A smile. Your smile."


                  "I wasn't smiling though, I was laughing."


                  "Same thing," Chanyeol replied, "I made Seoyeon laugh. Kekekeke~."


                  The two continued to work on their science project together. It was nearing midnight and they were the last in the class to stay after school. Seoyeon yawned. "Don't do that," Chanyeol said as he yawned.


                  "Don't do what?"


                  "Yawn," he replied, "Seeing you yawn makes me yawn. It's contagious and I'm already tired." Seoyeon picked at her fingers, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll try not to do that anymore." Chanyeol stretched his arms out and got up from his seat. "I need to move around so I don't fall asleep. I'll be out in the hall," he told her as he walked out the classroom door. Seoyeon nodded, she too needed to stretch or else she would K.O.. Seoyeon yawned once more since Chanyeol was no longer in the room and stretched her arms. As she was going to walk out, Chanyeol walked back in, "Are you going somewhere?"


                  "Yeah, I need to splash myself with some water or something. I'll be right back." Seoyeon scurried past him.


                 Splashing her face with water didn't work, Seoyeon was dead beat tired from all the midterms and exams this week. Seoyeon hadn't gotten much sleep from the night before either. By the time Seoyeon walked back, Chanyeol had fallen asleep in one of the seats. She quietly walked over to him, as she was going to wake him up, she stopped. Seoyeon stared at his face, she hadn't noticed that he had bags and dark circles under his eyes. He must have not gotten much sleep with everything that's been going on this week, Seoyeon thought.


                  Chanyeol rubbed his eyes and looked around. The class was clean and no one was there anymore. He found a small pink sticky note in front of him:


  I found you asleep when I came back. Keke ^u^
  I thought it was best if I hadn't woken you up!
  Don't worry, I cleaned up our mess and didn't dare to disturb you!
  Hopefully you get all the sleep you need for tomorrow's big exam! :)
 * yawn x1,000,000,000*


  - Seoyeon


                Chanyeol picked up the note and laughed, "Is this her trying to be cute or something?" He yawned once more and picked up his backpack to leave.

-----------------------------


                The sun had long gone up by the time Seoyeon woke the next day.

                 "CRAP!" she cried out, "I am so dead today. I have a huge exam today and of all days my mind decides to sleep in! Crap, crap, crap!" Rushing through her morning routine, she rushed out of the house. As she got to the front of the school, she quietly tried to pass the teachers who watched the front gate for late students. Just as she thought she had gotten away with it, she heard her name being yelled out, " Seoyeon." She crumpled her face and slowly turned to where the voice had come from. "You're late, Seoyeon." She scratched her hand and queitly said, "Really?" she looked at her watch, "My watch must have been an hour late or so...."


                  Seoyeon had stared at the ground the entire time while walking to the main office. How could you be late on such an important day, she questioned herself, are you really that tired that you forgot to-


                  "Hey Seoyeon!" She lost her train of thought and looked up to who called her.


                  "Chanyeol?"


                  "Mmmhmm," he waved his hands at her to take the seat next to him, "Are you late too?" Seoyeon furrowed her eyebrows, "You're late?"


                  "Mmmm," Chanyeol said energetically. She sat beside him, not replying back. Chanyeol was shaking his legs and was smiling a little too much in the morning. Looking over his shoulder, he stopped shaking his leg and moved in near her ear. Seoyeon shifted away from him. "You," he whispered, "You forgot to brush your hair, didn't you?" Widening her eyes, she touched her hair then quickly looked in her backpack for a brush. Chanyeol chuckled quietly, "It's okay. You can barely tell unless you're up as close as I am." At that moment someone had called for the two of them, it was the principal.


                  They walked into the principal's office together and took their seats. "Now, tell me why the two top students at this school are both late?" Seoyeon picked at her fingers as Chanyeol bit his lip. It was silent for a good twenty seconds. What is there to hide, Seoyeon asked herself.


                  "There's nothing to hide here," Chanyeol spoke up. Seoyeon looked at him, it was as if he read her mind and answered to her. "We were both here late last night working on our science project. We didn't leave until 1am, or at least I didn't. I guess we just both overslept, right Seoyeon?" Seoyeon nodded, "That's right. We just both happen to sleep in. We both knew that there was a huge exam today and it seems as if both of our minds just decided not to get up." The principal stared at Seoyeon, then at Chanyeol and sighed. "Alright. You two are very lucky. Those who skipped today wouldn't be able to make up the exam, but since you two are the top students, I'll make an exception. It'll be today after school, since you guys aren't allowed to go into the classes because everyone else is taking the exam. You two are dismissed to the study hall."
 

                  As the two walked to the study hall, Chanyeol giggled and let out a sigh. "Ohh~, do you know how fun yet scary that was? I mean, it was the first time ever that I've been late to school, but it gives you a shock! In ELECTRIC SHOCK! Nanananananana~." He paused in the hallway to dance to f(x)'s "Electric Shock." Seoyeon just continued to walk past him, not caring about what he was doing. Chanyeol frowned as he noticed that she didn't join him in dancing. "What? You're not the type to dance?" Seoyeon continued her walk to the study hall.


                    When they reached the study hall, Chanyeol asked her, "Are you okay? You haven't said a word since we left the principal's office." She finally looked up, "Huh?...Oh, no, I'm okay." Seoyeon gave him a small smile. She sat down at a seat and Chanyeol followed her. Chanyeol drew in his notebook as Seoyeon read her book. Only an hour had passed and Chanyeol had gotten tired of drawing. He turned to look at Seoyeon who was concentrated on her book. Seoyeon felt a pair of eyes on her as she lowered her book to look at Chanyeol. Their two eyes met and stayed locked on each other until she closed her book and laid it on the desk, "Is there something you needed?" Chanyeol choked on his saliva, "Ah~, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude on you as you were reading. It's just that I...sorry." As she was going to pick up her book, Chanyeol said, "Do you think it's true?"


                    "Do I think what is true?" she curiously asked.


                    "You know that one saying or something...that the happiest and brightest people are the most pained. Something along that...do you think it's true?" Seoyeon didn't know how to reply. "Hahahaha," he faked a laugh, "I'm crazy, right? What am I talking about? Sorry, dumb question."


                    "No," she replied quietly as she stared at her book, "No, it's not a dumb question. And, I think it's possible." She nodded, her thoughts deep, "They always say that the ones who are the happiest are the most pained because they try to hide what they've gone through. They try to always be optimistic. Trying to brighten other people's days, thinking of others before themselves. I think they do that, because they're either too ashamed, or too afraid to tell others what's on their minds. To say how they're feeling. Too frightened by the thought of disappointing someone."


                    "Do you think I'm one of them? Like, what you just said there?"


                  Seoyeon turned to him. Chanyeol was no longer the happy and bright person like he usually was, his head was hung low and you could tell, he had many things on his mind. Seoyeon swallowed, "Honestly?" Chanyeol sniffled, "Honestly." Seoyeon took a deep breath, "Mmm. You're not what you make yourself to be like. You're much more than all smiles."


                    "Bingo," he replied, "You're right." He touched his eyes, "Ah~ what is this? Water leaking from my eyes? Haha." She touched his shoulder and he looked up. His eyes were filled with pain.


                  "Do you know what the most devastating thing is?"


                    "What is it?" he asked her.


                    "It's when someone gives up on you," she was no longer looking at Chanyeol, but out in the far distance, "You remember when you asked me why I don't seem to smile much?" He nodded, "That's because someone gave up on me, actually not just someone. But, two people that were meant to be the most important people in my life...my mom and my dad...they gave up on me a long time ago. I live with my Grandfather now." Chanyeol touched her hand that was still on his shoulder, "I'm sorry." She turned and smiled a small smile at him, "There's no need to be sorry. This isn't about me, this is about you."


                    "Me?" Chanyeol pointed to himself with a confused look.


                    "You hide your feelings. You feel like you can never reach your dreams. You're losing your mind. You've fallen and you can't find where you belong anymore. You're not strong, but you're not weak either. You were different before this. And now, you...you just want to be worth something."


                    "For a long time I've been wondering if you felt like that too."


                    The two of them continued to do their own things for the rest of the day. They thought about what they had said and whether they should say something else. But at that moment, silence was the key.


                    As the two took their exams after school, Seoyeon had finished a few minutes earlier. Chanyeol was prepared to leave the room until he saw a book on the desk that Seoyeon had sat in. It was the book she was reading earlier: The Perks of Being a Wallflower (by Stephen Chbosky). It had a sticky note peeking out on the side.


                        Chanyeol opened to the page bookmarked and there the words highlighted read:


"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."


                        Chanyeol went home that night and wrote something back to Seoyeon. He handed it to her the next day. As he turned to walk away, she opened her book back up to find a sticky note.


  -To: The girl whose mind is constantly running, Seoyeon Kim.


  You and I are both human beings. Just like every other human being, we too need to be loved.

And I think that's worth something.


 -From: The boy who is constantly hiding behind his smile, Chanyeol Park.
 

 


And so, that is the end of this one-shot. Honestly, I'm really dissapointed in it. I felt like there was no set beginning, middle, and end. And no nor plot. :( But I hope you guys liked it! & if I dissapointed you, mianhae~

Anyways, OMFG. KYAHH! HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN B.A.P's "One Shot" MV YET? It's freakin' amajjang! I love, love, love, love, love~ it so much. I freakin' trusted you, Yoo Youngjae. You little scumbag. LOL.

Here, here! Watch it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& much love to my subscribers and anyone else who read this! It means a lot. I'll continue to work and improve on my writing skills! Until whenever~ *waves goodbye*