VI.

, Politics and Everything in Between

 

 

He couldn’t help -- Yifan’s eyes mindlessly scanned the body his hands had been all over the night before. It was a little bit different, mostly because his body was in full view... and there was actual light. Yifan felt something get caught in his throat as he was quick to swallow it down, letting out a cough.

“What are you still -- doing here? I thought you left.”

“I was going to... but the shower was too nice.” Chanyeol seemed rather thoughtless about the situation as he neared Yifan, whom backtracked away. “And...  I realized I don’t have any money for a cab or anything... especially for some food...” He followed Chanyeol’s eyes, watching them move from himself to the cooking food on the oven. “But great, looks like you made enough for two!”

Rather baffled by the situation, Yifan’s mouth opened to speak, yet his mouth wasn’t speedy in comparison to Chanyeol’s hands. The boy had taken a grab of the pan, scattered some eggs onto a random plate laying around -- then digging in, using hands and all. “...”

Sensing silence from Yifan, Chanyeol stopped his motions, already having cleared his plate. “Are you suddenly not hungry? I can eat your share.”

“...”

“I’m guessing you’re not much of a talker...” And just like that, all the eggs were gone. All the eggs.

“Listen --” Yifan had finally mustered up some courage to speak, yet he found himself with a distracted Chanyeol, who had discovered a little critter. “Hey, careful with him, he bites -- hard.”

“What’s his name?” Without fear, Chanyeol had picked the ferret up, immediately giving it a kiss on the nose. Yifan, was dumbfounded at the side at the strange calmness of the ferret, seeming it had taken him three weeks for the nasty, yet cute critter to finally get on good terms with him.

“I... I haven’t named him yet, he’s only been with me for three weeks so far.”

“I’m surprised... didn’t see you as an animal sort of person... especially a ferret person...” Chanyeol snorted, petting the ferret who seemed right at home at his hands.

“Same with you.”

“I used to have a ferret when I was young...”

Yifan had been mindlessly staring, and was taken back a little when their eyes suddenly met, finding himself avoiding the big, curious and brown hues of Chanyeol. “W -- what happened?”

“It... ran away.” A small pout formed on Chanyeol’s lips, and Yifan noticed it.

He self consciously touched his own lips, a sudden memory perking up from last night. He had... kissed Chanyeol, hadn’t he? He didn’t even like kissing women, what had been wrong with him? His head automatically started hurting, as his fingers massaged his own temples. It was the alcohol, of course. He had drank quite a few bottles... then again, it was only one or two, he couldn’t have been that drunk. No, it had to have been the alcohol.

“You okay?” Chanyeol’s face was right up against his own, as Yifan’s eyes widened, his body immediately pulling back, fumbling over the kitchen table. His body clumsily fell to the floor, letting out a yelp.

“Ow, .”

“You’re klutzier than me, that’s an accomplishment.”

“Shut up.” Yifan gave a half laugh, half glare.

“That’s not what you said last night.”

“...Put some clothes on already.” Yifan coughed awkwardly, getting up and putting the pan and other plates in the dishwasher. “And -- you need to leave soon, I’m going to get dressed and be going out to work in a bit.”

“You work next to Dongdaemoon right? Or somewhere around there?” Chanyeol spoke nonchalantly, somehow having put Yifan’s ferret to sleep on the couch.

“How do you know where I work -- ?” Chanyeol’s lips now held the most attractive grin, wiggling the business card between his index and middle fingers. In his other hand, he held Yifan’s wallet -- causing Yifan to immediately shove his hands into his pockets. “When did you steal... -- you’re a sly little thing, aren’t you...”

“Should be more careful with where you put your money. Anyway, since you’re going there, might as well drop me off.”

A snort now was at Yifan’s end while his feet took him to his walk in closet, scanning the room for a suitable outfit. “And why would I do that?”

Chanyeol had invited himself into the closet as well, fascinated with just how many different suits one person had. While his fingers glided over the glass of where various watches were displayed, he grinned, flashing the wallet toward Yifan. “‘Cause
somebody still has your wallet, with I dunno, important stuff in it like your license? Wonder if you can drive to Dongdaemoon without that, big, fancy, rich man.”

“...Are all hookers as sassy as you?” Yifan wasn’t sure whether he was terribly offended or just extremely amused -- but with a sigh, he decided he had no choice.

“Depends, really.”

“Alright, just go get dressed already, I’ll drive you there.” Yifan grumbled his words as he had at almost a supernatural speed, put on his dress shirt, pants and belt.

“Easy, gotta get you dressed first.” Invading personal space again, Chanyeol had walked over with a bland blue tie that perfectly matched Yifan’s current suit. Their faces were pressed close again, as Yifan’s breath stopped short, unable to move his eyes away from Chanyeol’s eyelashes. They were almost the same height, yet he was just a bit taller, which gave him the perfect angle to stare at him. Chanyeol’s eyes were on Yifan’s tie, fingers skillfully tying it around his neck. “What are you staring at?”

“N -- nothing.” Yifan moved away quick, his excuse being to search for a matching watch far off in the corner.

Chanyeol grinned again, something about the mysterious Yifan sparking interest in him. “Can I borrow an outfit from your closet? That is... if you have anything other than just suits.”

“I’m giving you a ride, now you want clothes?”

“Hm, wonder what else is in this wallet of yours --” The grinning male placed the wallet in front of his eyes, scanning through it.

With desperate despair, Yifan gave up, letting out yet another sigh. “There’s probably something in the other closet... just don’t go digging through my stuff.”

“Don’t mind if I do!”

“I’ll be waiting outside, so... get dressed quick and come out, -- with my wallet.

Another sigh caught Yifan before he moved out of the closet, coming back out into the living room.


 

 

 

 

He was greeted with a glaring figure approaching him.

“You
bastard, how could you just leave me at the club like that last night? -- I just literally woke up with some girl fawning over my crotch --”

Jongin.

“I can’t believe you just ran out on me, you’ve never done that --”

Before Jongin could continue, another prominent voice cut him off.

“Hey, does this look good on me?” Chanyeol had stepped out with a tight pair of skinny jeans, with a loose shirt hanging over his head, complete with a pair of shades, which Yifan recognized -- ironically, that was a gift of Jongin’s.


Chanyeol.