V.

, Politics and Everything in Between

 



Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt.

Yifan’s hand abruptly smashed the snooze button on the alarm, his mouth letting out a groan at the sunshine seeping in through the crack of the blinds at the big windows beside the bed. He rolled around for a bit, taking at least fifteen minutes to actually sit up, just dumbfoundedly looking around till his memories were recollected, remembering what just had happened, and why he had been magically transported to a hotel.

Last night...
Ah.

His eyes immediately looked beside him, finding the other side of the bed empty. A hand moved through his own hair, letting out a sigh. Of course he was gone already, this was only one those... one night stands, he’d been through this with women before, why had he thought any different? Disappointment hit him hard though, as much as he tried not to be.

He finally stood on his feet, pulling on boxers and a pair of wife beaters. He twisted his neck around to crack it, feeling rather out of shape. Well, he had been a little over aggressive last night... With a snort at himself, he walked over to the kitchen with his phone, checking his agenda first thing.


[ 09:00 AM ] Wake up.
[ 10:00 AM ] Morning jog.
[ 11:30 AM ] Shower.
[ 12:00 PM ] Meeting with the city council.
[ 03:00 PM ] Attend display of city’s new renovations.
[ 07:00 PM ] Free time.


Continuous sighs left his lips as his eyes glanced down then back up at his schedule, resting his forehead against the cabinet of the kitchen. He just really wanted to stay in bed all day today, was that not possible? His body was somehow sore from... strenuous exercise last night, could that be an excuse?

Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt.

The phone in his hand vibrated, throwing him off surprise a bit as he jumped. After realizing it was a call from his own mother, he placed the phone at his ear.

“Yes, mother?”

Wu Yifan.” Uh oh, she never said his full name unless he was in dire trouble.

“I know what you’re going to say, I know father’s mad just liste --”

“Tell that to your father. It doesn’t matter, he came home storming last night. He was already fussy over something that happened in Congress, and you just added onto his blood pressure levels.” Yifan’s heart dropped a bit as he heard his own mother sigh in distress, sensing the trouble in her heart. “Yifan, please. Don’t mess this up, I’ve thought you better. You’re blessed rather than other twenty year olds in just the fact that your life has already been made for you. You just need to step forward and take on those responsibilities, and you can.”


But what if he didn’t want to step into his father’s footsteps?

“I know, mother -- I know.”

“I’m... sorry that you have so much on your back, darling, but you know that your very capable for great things, and your father and I just want you to be everything you could be.”

“Yes, mother.”

“You’re our only child for a reason, Yifan. I believe in you.”


Did he believe in himself, though?

“Xie xie, mother.”

“Now, have you eaten yet? You didn’t come home last night, and none of your friends seemed to know where you were either. You’re being so worrisome lately, darling.”

“I’m fine, I didn’t get into any trouble or anything bad.” His eyes scanned the messy bed some distance from him, letting out another snort. Well, besides the fact of
that... anyway. His mother’s silence caused him to sigh again. “Look mother, I’m fine. I’ve been... a little haywire lately, but I’ll get back on track, I promise.”

“You promise on your stuffed llama?”

“Mother, you know I don’t play with Ace anymore.”

“You used to carry him around everywhere, though. Remember that time you took him out to one of Amber’s tea parties during your childhood, and tea got on it, and you cried for hours --”

“Mother.”

“Alright, alright, I’ll stop.” She chuckled, as Yifan relaxed a bit, sensing happiness for the first time in his mother’s tone. “Just promise me you’ll do your job and let your dad know you’re not a lost cause.”

“Yes mother, I won’t be a lost cause.”

“Promise on Ace?”

“Promise.”

“Okay, I believe you. Now go eat your brunch, I know you haven’t already.”

“Yes, mother.
Wo ai ni.

Wo ai ni, wo de erzi.


As much as he disliked his father, there was no single doubt in his mind that he wanted to make his mother proud. He could care less about what the old man thought of him -- he had never seen him much before this year, anyway. But his mother... his mother was so deeply rooted in his heart and soul, he needed to make her proud.



Therefore, he couldn’t mess up anymore.

 

 

He rubbed the back of his neck, sensing a couple of stinging love marks there. He’d definitely have to cover that up, or whomever would spot it. Yifan quickly pulled out a pan, deciding to just make some scrambled eggs, since there was really nothing in his compartment called the refrigerator. He sprinkled some salt and pepper over it, turning the radio on for some nice, morning jazz. A few low hums that matched the melodies perfectly now resounded in the kitchen, with Yifan strolling around.

His movements stopped when he heard the bathroom door opening, turning his head slowly. Turning his head slowly to a Chanyeol... a ... Chanyeol.

“Are you making eggs? Great, I’m hungry as a llama!”




 

 

____________________________________

I'm sorry this chapter was a little bland and boring,
I promise the next one will be fun with lots of humor and... Chanyeol with a surprised Kris!  ♥
Like always, I would love to read your comments below! *A*